Would you break up with your girl over stuff she said while drunk?

Originally Posted by snow pl0w

I'm sober right now but my boo is crushed. She is a terrible drunk, it only takes the smallest thing to set her off. Tonight I picked her up and she flipped out in my jeep talking about how I'm a huge "jerk", she hasn't loved me in months, I treat her like crap, this that and the other. Can you break up w/ someone over things they said when they were drunk? I'm really over this..I feel like there's some deep issues that come out when she drinks..

Dude, I'd talk to her when she's sober and ask if what she said was how she really feels. Whenever someone is drunk their true feelings show becausethey do not care of the repercussions of their actions. If my man said that to me I'd break his jaw and walk away and go home throw all his shtuff out andenjoy the single life.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

I'm sober right now but my boo is crushed. She is a terrible drunk, it only takes the smallest thing to set her off. Tonight I picked her up and she flipped out in my jeep talking about how I'm a huge "jerk", she hasn't loved me in months, I treat her like crap, this that and the other. Can you break up w/ someone over things they said when they were drunk? I'm really over this..I feel like there's some deep issues that come out when she drinks..

Dude, I'd talk to her when she's sober and ask if what she said was how she really feels. Whenever someone is drunk their true feelings show because they do not care of the repercussions of their actions. If my man said that to me I'd break his jaw and walk away and go home throw all his shtuff out and enjoy the single life.
grin.gif
no flame or anything b/c I'm all about do you, freedom of choice, etc....but i read this initially and was like what a typo and i seen the avyand it clicked
laugh.gif

A lot of tru feelings come out when ur drunk...I to get emotional when I drink and I always wana talk about my feelings. Try talkin to her to see how shereally feels and if y'all can possibly work it out. If not...move on. Its better to find out now then later.

so you picked her up and she was drunk already? why was she getting drunk without you anyway? maybe something happened when you werent there while she wasdrunk; did some things with another dude. now she's guilty and just throws you some BS talk about you being a jerk etc

Originally Posted by Bad N fluenz

Dude, I'd talk to her when she's sober and ask if what she said was how she really feels. Whenever someone is drunk their true feelings show because they do not care of the repercussions of their actions. If my man said that to me I'd break his jaw and walk away and go home throw all his shtuff out and enjoy the single life.
grin.gif
Ayo real question for you Bad N Fluenz.

So when me and a female get into an argument, that's exactly what it is, an argument.

When you get into it with your boyfriend, does that
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
stayat words or do one of ya'll fly through a table?

I didn't read any of the replies but, you seem like a jerk.

And yes, break up with her.

There is an article I was reading about the whole issue (im trying to find it so I can post it).

Basically what it was saying was, we all have random thoughts that range from basic to super far out there and when we are drunk we are more likely to vocalizeeverything going through our minds. So along with things like "I love you" running through your mind you also vocalize things like "I thinkabout your mom climbing trees naked" which is something that holds no truth or meaning.

We all think about wild and crazy things at times and those are things that just pass through and are a part of brain function...Getting them out due to highlevels of alcohol have nothing to do with telling the truth. In this case though, like I mentioned, it seems like his girl is using the alcohol to expressherself to him because she doesnt know how or when to do it any other way.
everyone has a beast within them. If we all went around speaking out every thought we had, we'd all be saying some pretty far-out stuff. It's not whether you have the thought, but whether you act upon it. I would agree that alcohol makes you vocalize thoughts that you're already having, but I would disagree that merely having those thoughts is any kind of indictment of character.

A drunk man tells no tales and drunk words are sober thoughts. She def hasn't loved u in months. Her inhibitions are lowered so she is not aware of whatshe's speaking so she can't refrain from sayin it.

That's why w/ me drunk ppl rarely get a pass. They only get a pass if they ppl plead to me.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

A drunk does not tell the truth. A drunk person speaks...Drunk. They are in a state of drunkenness and they are speaking in that state. It has nothing to do with the truth.
Exactly. I've seen a drunk person downright lie to someone's face like it's nothing. Tell you what you want to hear. Become extremelycunning, crazy, emotional, talkative whatever. That's why you ignore that drunk person who does and says too much. They will say what they feel at thatmoment and regardless of if it is true and it can't be properly evaluated until they are sober and if they stand by it when you give them a recap then yougot your true answer.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

damn.... a drunk ____ speaks a sober heart
Totally right. You need to either . . .

A. Leave her.
B. Talk it over when shes sober.

Your call, good luck.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

so you picked her up and she was drunk already? why was she getting drunk without you anyway? maybe something happened when you werent there while she was drunk; did some things with another dude. now she's guilty and just throws you some BS talk about you being a jerk etc

this could very well be true
roll.gif

I would let it slide, but I hear the actions of a drunk girl are the thoughts of a sober one...so if she really does feel that way...I say split.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

A drunk does not tell the truth. Man you guys come on, you should definitely keep up with your articles! A drunk person speaks...Drunk. They are in a state of drunkenness and they are speaking in that state. It has nothing to do with the truth.

Your girl had an emotional outburst while drunk, maybe thats the only way she feels like she can express herself and get it all out. Its a communication issue, you guys definitely need to talk and understand each other. You'll probably have to go through a vent stage though since it sounds like she has a lot on her mind. Some yelling may occur, just take some time to cool off and talk to understand each others side...You guys dont have anything to prove to each other, you want to work forward together.

Or maybe you dont...your call.

Most mature post in this thread. Even if it's not legitimate anger towards me, she is still taking out her issues ON me - which isn't cool. To clear up a few things: she's not a drunk, she just has too much maybe once a month or so. Most of the time she drinks she is all over me, lovey dovey type. Honestly I think she struggles w/ certain family/career issues that she displaces onto me, knowing she can just take it on the chin afterwards (in the form of apologizing, bla bla).
**** then. 90% people telling you how it is and you're just in denial trying to listen to what you wanna hear.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

When you get into it with your boyfriend, does that
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
stay at words or do one of ya'll fly through a table?

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom