Would you buy a hybrid?

i have a prius. i love it. had a fully loaded 4runner limited before it. i didn't buy the hybrid to save money on gas - that's just one of thebenefits. i bought it because it seemed to be better for the environment (even with all that stuff about the battery). in 3 or 4 years, if there is a bettereco-friendly car, i'll dump the prius and upgrade.

lets say the prius will cost 25k... how long will it take to save 25k in gas money.... since that car has alot more electrical stuff going on in that car ifsomething breaks or get ruined i bet that it will cost alot of money to get if diagnosed and fixed.... and i dont think you can just take that car anywhere orhave you uncle/ dad do a quick fix like a regular person can with civic.... buy a prius to better the environment yeah maybe.... or a Honda FCX

I would. There seems to be a lot of love for the Prius around my area. I can't drive five miles down the 57 or the 10 without seeing like 15 of them.

BMW X6 will come in a hybrid version by 2010...straight fire and save the environment people!

Tesla FTW...100% electric:

tesla_stock.jpg

Honestly I would buy a hybrid, but not now. The technology is still young and more car manufacturers will be making em in the next 10 years. IMO, hybrids willtake over gas cars in the near future.

I'd get an Accord hybrid, or Camry Hybrid. My neighbor has one since she works for toyota and its sexxy..

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

lets say the prius will cost 25k... how long will it take to save 25k in gas money.... since that car has alot more electrical stuff going on in that car if something breaks or get ruined i bet that it will cost alot of money to get if diagnosed and fixed.... and i dont think you can just take that car anywhere or have you uncle/ dad do a quick fix like a regular person can with civic.... buy a prius to better the environment yeah maybe.... or a Honda FCX

exaclty ur better of buying a regular corrola or a civic that gives u atleast 32mpg

I would never ever drive one of things.....Everything about the prius screams liberal......every person from where im from that drives one is a raging lightpollution hating liberals people smell humus all day. Make me want to throw up in my mouth

But not saying i wouldn't drive a hybrid.......My dads friend has a altima hybrid thing is dope.....The Tahoe hybrid is clean as well

Originally Posted by Stork

Originally Posted by killa couch

I was wondering specifically about the toyota prius would any of you purchase one or do any of you own one. i really dont like the look of it too much but at 48/45 epa estimated mpg rating there are no cars on the market touching it. Additional info: im moving to LA in march. fresh outta college. i owe about 65,000 in student loans.

I wouldn't purchase a hyrbrid as it is just a temporary solution to the problem, honestly I've been telling people this but Diesel cars are going to be the future, they have them in europe but I believe this year or next year they are going to start introducing them in new models. Although Volkswagen has introduced the Jetta TDI in 2003-04(?) it gets WAY better mileage then the beloved prius,

give this a read: http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2004-06-10-diesel-vs-hybrid_x.htm

This article is from 2004
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom