Would you care if your child was overweight?

Would you care if your child was overweight?

• Yes and I'd do something about it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but I'd wait until their a little older

• No - it's just a phase and they'll grow out of it

• No - I was a "big kid" and I'm fine now

• Total voters
I've always wondered this - I'm not a father but I'm getting to that point where fatherhood starts creeping into my head (26 - probably not too far off) - and I've always wondered how parents or potential parents view children and obesity

From my experience, and perspective - some parents ignore it - feeding their child what they like because they will "grow out of it" or they're "still young"

But other parents actually do the dieting thing - limiting their child's food intake or giving them food they don't like for dinner (I mean which Kid would prefer steamed veggies over fried chicken)

Just wondering if you were in this situation - what would you do?

EDIT: Sorry for the typos

View media item 781758View media item 781752
http://killingthebreeze.com/lil-terrio-harmless-fun-child-exploitation/
View media item 781764

Last edited:
Yes I would because it is unhealthy for him/her. I would make sure we did something about it before he/she develops diabetes or whatever debilitating disease would arise from it. Terio's parent's should be first in line. That is disgraceful :smh:

I'll be honest I still don't get the fasination celebs and everyone else have with this kid, and I didn't look it up. But is it just because he does funny dances? Is he being paid now or something for all these pics.

Last edited:
Yes.

I ain't gonna tell anyone how to raise their own child. But it ain't happening with my son no way jose

Yea, I can't tell other parents how they should raise their child but I would want my child to be healthy

Yeah, for health reasons and because kids can be evil. I was a bit overweight, but luckily I was still able to play kickball, basketball, tetherball, handball, and all sorts of ****, so I was cool.

Last edited:
I would switch up my diet and watch what he/she eats ASAP. Would also get lil man or girl involved in some type of sports.

I will make 'yo momma so fat' jokes then tell him he will be like his momma.

parents should develop children's conditioning at an early age...

they should be made to do laps, gassers, or suicides...

Last edited:
Of course...how can you not care?

If your child is obese you're a negligent parent...flat out. Maybe not in typical definition of negligent, but still negligent.

Didn't they find a fat/skinny gene?

Luckily my family doesn't have it, we have the bird leg gene :smh:

I understand being cute baby fat chubby up until like 2 but a year of outdoor playing and running should take care of that.

Yes I care.
Frequent family activities would actually instill a lifestyle of staying active and also brings the family closer together. Hiking, bike riding, rollerblading, or just playing with your kid in the park (running, basketball, touch football, jungle gyms, etc..) will let them have fun, strengthen your relationship with your kids, and help them get/stay in shape.

Last edited:
Yea I would depending on their size. I got fat but lost a good portion of it as I got older and grew taller, then gained it back. :lol: Currently working on my diet and stuff now.

Back
Top Bottom