Would you ever let your parents borrow or have money?

Yup....I mean they gave me everything I needed, so if they ever get to the point where they'll need help with anything I wouldn't even ask questions

I let them have. When I let them borrow...... most of the time they never pay back anyway . My dad is the worst when it comes to this. If i asked my parents for anymore than $40 growing up they would just hit me with the "if we had it we would". They don't know how to manage money, but I still appreciate the life they gave me.

Last edited:
ha, depends on how MUCH money they want to borrow.

a couple bucks for dinner? no big deal.

a couple hundred? a couple thousand? can I afford to be without it at the time?

Would give them money hands down. I would just be worried what they needed money for since they've always been financially stable and smart with their money

No I would let my parents borrow any money.

I'd give it to them.

What the hell type of question is this?!?

i've let my dad borrow money countless times and my mom on rare occasions has asked for small amounts. my dad asks for large amounts though. i once let him borrow a g, i had it at the moment so i wasn't tripping. my motto is if we fam and i got it, you got it.

in a heartbeat no borrowing they can just have it if they really ever needed it. its all love

if i was making good money i would much rather give my parents money

they always gave me money whenever i needed/asked...never borrowed from them. i would love to be able to break them off some bread

My dad is a recovering addict, and an alcoholic. He hasn't seen me or his grand kids since 2008 and only called twice. We saw him our family reunion (which was just a huge party to me because most 400+ of us see each other every day), first thing he asked me to do is buy him a beer. Because the alcohol hadn't got there yet. Later that night he says "I'm gonna be better you'll see starting tomorrow"...it's been three weeks, haven't seen him or heard from him. I bought him beer and cigarettes the whole night.

I don't lend money to family at all. Now I'll give them money with no intention of seeing again. I'm serious about money so lending would just lead to arguments.

All day (giving not lending). But It does seem like the more I get my **** in order the more they seem to be feeling entitled to it, family in general. And great people don't suck at parenting, they handle their responsibilities as they should, it's what makes them great.

Last edited:
I'd give my parents anything they asked for if I was able to

This.

I've been fortunate my entire life (and still today) to have both parents who have gone out of their way for me. How could I not help them if they ever needed it?

My dad is a recovering addict, and an alcoholic. He hasn't seen me or his grand kids since 2008 and only called twice. We saw him our family reunion (which was just a huge party to me because most 400+ of us see each other every day), first thing he asked me to do is buy him a beer. Because the alcohol hadn't got there yet. Later that night he says "I'm gonna be better you'll see starting tomorrow"...it's been three weeks, haven't seen him or heard from him. I bought him beer and cigarettes the whole night.

I'm in no place to make judgements, but since you felt comfortable enough posting about it, I just want to chime in quick.

Man, bad move buying him beer and cigarettes all night :smh: . I'm sure you have your reasons behind it, but you could have avoided feeding him more alcohol when you know he's an alcoholic. I know you have a personal gripe with him, but adding fire to the burn will never make the situation better, for all sides involved.

Last edited:
Of course, my parents help support my grandparents financially and when my own parents get old I will do the same.

I thought you got banned....... Sigh.

I'd give my mom money before any other person in my life. Besides my daughter but she don't need ****.

If I have it, I would. I'm like a bank thou if you don't have a good history paying me back, I won't lead it.

My parents did this to me when I was growing up now I do it to them out of habit.

I have let my aunt and mom borrow money before but if they never paid me back its cool.

My dad would never ask me for money or would never need to.

Friends on the other hand, no

Man, bad move buying him beer and cigarettes all night
mean.gif
. I'm sure you have your reasons behind it, but you could have avoided feeding him more alcohol when you know he's an alcoholic. I know you have a personal gripe with him, but adding fire to the burn will never make the situation better, for all sides involved.
I'v been supporting my dad's rehabilitation since I can remember. I remember being 4 or 5 and them having some type of family day for this program he was in. I also remember being 8 or 9 years old and pulling him out of a bowl of Spaghetti-O's he'd fallen face flat in high off heroin and gin. He was suffocating at the dinner table, even worse I had friends spending the night. Fast forward to me living on the streets and going through manhood alone and him not even knowing everything I've been through in life to become the man I am today. It's easier to buy him alcohol and him be in a drunken stupor than to confront him with the reality of what he's done to his family. I'd might kill him with my bare hands in a fit of rage if I was forced to deal with the retrospect and had confirmation he actually understood this reality of pain he's cause my family. The money for beer is for ME and not him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom