Would you join a predominate black version of twitter? (Vol. Blitter may bring back that OG essence)

I just came across this app while scrolling through twitter

I still haven't joined but i may just have to give it a test run soon. A lot of people have started to suggest how much twitter has gotten soft over the years. People getting banned for joking around, everyone becoming more & more PC. ****ing thinkpiece central, basically the reverse of what drew a lot of people into twitter in the first place

To a lesser extent (atleast for me) I've seen people complain about getting racial harassment from trolls on twitter over various things & twitter allowing it to go on. I've also watched as Twitter has become a hub for trying to promote EVERYTHING & celeb worship.

So how does everyone feel about a app that pretty much circles around "black twitter" & eliminates some of the problems that have started to make twitter more of a Job like environment, opposed to the place people went to let off jokes & say what's really on their mind

Guys think this will catch traction??

stopped using twitter years ago but is twitter really banning people? First youtube with the ads and now twitter? :smh:

I'd be down.

Question is, would black twitter? If so it could claim king.

But just like blackplanet wasn't enough to dethrone myspace in that era I dont think it'll have the juice.

So black twitter doesn't worship celebrities? That is a huge part of the conversations on there. Gossiping and ****.

And who is going to stop racist trolls from using Blitter?

To a lesser extent (atleast for me) I've seen people complain about getting racial harassment from trolls on twitter over various things & twitter allowing it to go on. I've also watched as Twitter has become a hub for trying to promote EVERYTHING & celeb worship.

So how does everyone feel about a app that pretty much circles around "black twitter" & eliminates some of the problems that have started to make twitter more of a Job like environment, opposed to the place people went to let off jokes & say what's really on their mind

Lets say blitter gains traction... whos to say it wont run the same course as twitter though?

So black twitter doesn't worship celebrities? That is a huge part of the conversations on there. Gossiping and ****.

And who is going to stop racist trolls from using Blitter?

If it does grow i see that happening eventually(society as a whole is obsessed with celebrity), but for now when every celeb isn't signed up & hundreds of fan pages aren't set up i think it could be a bit more bearable.

Unless it can verify you’re a part of the black race...

I don't think the point of the app is to completely block white people :lol: , However anyone who uses twitter has heard of "blacktwitter" and knows that it focuses on subjects that usually effect black people.

While i'm sure there will be trolls, they seem to make it a focus to ban those people, while Twitter based off what i have seen is pretty lenient.

I'm bout to sign up
u know
sometimes ill be making a joke
or reference to friends that aint black
or to my wife who is filipino
and they don't get it
kinda irritating or frustrating sometimes
like how u never seen menace II society :smh:

1. Slightly unrelated but I was just wondering if there was a black/POC Tinder. My joint stay full of dirty looking white chicks and I just want it to where all the girls are ethnic/minority/POC.

2. A black social media network where it's just all black people would create so much **** and be so powerful for black content. IDK if this is it though. I think we should make something new than just a black version of Twitter. Black Twitter leaving Twitter would be it's death IMO.

1. Slightly unrelated but I was just wondering if there was a black/POC Tinder. My joint stay full of dirty looking white chicks and I just want it to where all the girls are ethnic/minority/POC.

I live in the 'urban' part of my city and get a pretty healthy mix depending on how far I set the search radius.

I think if you dont live in a black-dominated city it's impossible to get only or even just majority black matches.

Back
Top Bottom