Would you marry a girl if her credit was bad?

Instead of getting a ring, I'll tell her I got 3 grand on her student loans
Putting money towards good use instead of wasting it on a shiny rock 
pimp.gif

I am in this now. My girl has 18K student dept and maybe 5K car. I have great credit, ZERO debt pre-approved for a home loan + car loans. I rent now, I'd like to get a house next year but I'm on unemployment for the moment. Not saving for a ring yet, she's the one I know it she ain't going anywhere so I'm not in a rush.

Absolutely not. Worked too hard to keep my own finances in line to throw it all to the wind in the name of "love".

Also, student loans alone don't kill your credit score. Failing to make your payments on time kills your credit score.
This guy gets it.

There is a big difference between bad credit and accumulated debts.

Bad credit with little to no debts? Meh we can work on it.

Good credit with huge amount of debts? Ish not sure i want to get involved in that.

Good credit with huge amount of debts? Ish not sure i want to get involved in that.

Depends on what the debts are.

I'm taking 800 credit with student loan debt over 600 credit with no debt every time.

To have bad credit with no debt implies they were irresponsible and old habits die hard

Depends on what the debts are.

I'm taking 800 credit with student loan debt over 600 credit with no debt every time.

To have bad credit with no debt implies they were irresponsible and old habits die hard

True. Hence why i said we can work on that.

Student loan is the best debt (maybe besides a mortgage, still debatable).

I was more talking about outrageous cc debt and still making the minimum payments.

It's way harder to get a couple approved for a mortgage when one is loaded with debts (instead of only having bad credit. Not talking about bankruptcy type of bad though).

Last edited:
I'm more worried about debt that a credit score.

If she has late payments from years ago when she was struggling in school, that will bring it down a lot

I'm not going to disqualify and otherwise good woman over something that can be very fickle

They're both deal breakers. Would never marry someone with debt, and I wouldn't get married if I had debt. Selfish behaviour IMO

A mortgage being the exception.

Last edited:

They're both deal breakers. Would never marry someone with debt, and I wouldn't get married if I had debt. Selfish behaviour IMO

Damb Anti, back at it again wit the foolishness

-But how would you know if baby girl had bad credit or debts. Didn't you say that your finances are none of your wife's business, won't that mean her's is none of your too.

A mortgage being the exception.

Not even student loan debt?

So you're not going to marry a lawyer, doctor, business school grad etc in their 30s

I get credit card debt but student loan debt when they have a good career and are actively paying it off shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Not easy to pay off 300K quickly even with a good job.

Pssh, I wouldn't take this topic seriously, too much faking the funk. Like anyone is gonna connect with someone so much you wanna spend the rest of your life with, leave other women and be responsible to and for at some extent. then view the credit report and say adios. It doesn't work like that pa, your words now are useless.

Pssh, I wouldn't take this topic seriously, too much faking the funk. Like anyone is gonna connect with someone so much you wanna spend the rest of your life with, leave other women and be responsible to and for at some extent. then view the credit report and say adios. It doesn't work like that pa, your words now are useless.

although i agree, finances is the biggest cause for divorce.

knowing this will lead you to less likely to want to commit to someone with bad financials.

It doesn't have to be adios but it definitely would need to be addressed before proposing marriage

Damb Anti, back at it again wit the foolishness

-But how would you know if baby girl had bad credit or debts. Didn't you say that your finances are none of your wife's business, won't that mean her's is none of your too.
I retract my statement. Don't take it seriously, it was a troll post.

If your worried about her money then you shouldn't marry her or anyone. I don't know of any dudes looking at a girl and saying I think she has bad credit. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

If your worried about her money then you shouldn't marry her or anyone. I don't know of any dudes looking at a girl and saying I think she has bad credit. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Anyone who marries someone without knowing the details of their finances is tripping IMO, male or female.

No way would I marry someone with a credit in the 500s and tons of bad debt. That would not work with my life goals

Bad finances can be a dealbreaker for some but no one is suggesting this is a first date conversation.

Do not marry a woman in a country that doesn't let you beat her! Once there are laws the family dynamics changes. The father figure can not "hold it down" I'm not saying you have to beat a woman but you have to instill the fear in her.

Back
Top Bottom