WOW!!!!!!! @ MAC MILLER being worth 10 mill dollars plus/ discuss

A settlement has been reached between Mac Miller and Lord Finesse after a $10 Million lawsuit was filed in July of 2012 by Finesse saying that Mac used his “Hip 2 Da Game” instrumental on “Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza” without his consent. Mac Miller had this to say:

“I’m actually legally not allowed to say anything about what happened. Other than that it’s been resolved and we didn’t go to [trial]. If that was really a problem, people would be getting sued left and right.”

via HipHopDx

:smh: @ any dudes signing deals, boy illi and all you other NT rappers, get on yo job.

Not really suprising since he's been grinding for years... he made the forbes list also. Qualtiy music, tours, endorsements... and he's independent which makes it more :smokin :smokin

Just because he was being sued for 10 mil doesn't mean he is/was worth that much.

And if he settled, I'm sure it was for far less than that 10 mil.

I always thought it was a stupid lawsuit and made Finesse look bad. Cant believe he got a penny out of it. And because he did I expect more of these type of suits in the future.

Yeah I'm not buying that, I just think thats the amount he was being sued for. I cant see him having 10 mill, if he does good for him.

My guess is Mac probably agreed to give Finesse around 2 million and Finesse jumped at the money. Imo, finesse probably needed it. I'm a fan of his and he's a legend, but this just made him look bad. Either way Mac didn't pay him 10 million, but he is probably worth at least that.

"SETTLEment"

finesse settled for less.. coulda been 100k for all we know as opposed to 10 million

Why do you care how much the next man is worth?

Worry about your own money

Im happy with my worth, im happy with what he is worth, i love hip hop, i love the fact that lord fineese values his music, so you could miss me with that talk, i can care less about the money, i just
wanted to update those who originally made the thread when news first broke.

get out of that mans pockets
laugh.gif

**** that, hip hop is built on "jacking" beats . . . Finesse had samples in the OG song he sued Mac for that weren't even cleared . . . what if people decided to start suing for classic drum breaks or classic ad libs (Red Mountain "Louder", Rick James "Soul", etc.).

**** that, hip hop is built on "jacking" beats . . . Finesse had samples in the OG song he sued Mac for that weren't even cleared . . . what if people decided to start suing for classic drum breaks or classic ad libs (Red Mountain "Louder", Rick James "Soul", etc.).
Came in here to say this.  LMAO @ Finesse valuing the music.  
laugh.gif

Look, I'm a Finesse fan from way back.  My teenage years were during the timeframe when Finesse and the rest of DITC were most known.  And I'm still a fan.  But this was a ***** move by Finesse.  Hip-hop was BORN on sampling (and I'm sure most of those weren't cleared, either).   You can't just up and change the rules of the art form because you feel slighted.  If I'm honest, Finesse saw Mac blow up partly because of Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza and got salty.  

And the sad thing is that this settled lawsuit will set precedence for future sample battles in hip-hop.  Hell, its already delayed the Wiz/Spitta joint.  What other potentially good hip-hop will be held back because of dudes worried about getting sued by their fellow hip-hop brethren?  I'd expect this type of behavior from a new school dude like Tyga or some ****.  It just isn't a good look for a vet like Finesse, IMO.    

Back
Top Bottom