Wrestling Fans: is this gonna be the worst Wrestlemania???

Originally Posted by goldNboi7

Not true...TNA is aight...

i wouldn't say TNA is better, they also got no clue wth they're doing. the only reason i check TNA is for sharkboy
laugh.gif

"And that's the fishing line, cuz SHARKBOY said so!!!" .:slams clam juice together and chugs:.
sick.gif
roll.gif

found this
A source close to Floyd Mayweather's manager, Leonard Ellerbe says that Ellerbe told him he couldn't be specific due to the contract he signed, but that the Big Show-Floyd Mayweather match would "shock the world and will have a swerve nobody will see coming."
The official rules have just been announced for the battle between Big Show and Floyd "Money" Mayweather at WrestleMania XXIV, though above all else, one fact will be made certain this Sunday night: There MUST be a winner in this match.

The only way one of these two warriors can earn a victory at The Granddaddy of Them All is by pinfall, submission or knockout. Anything goes in this historic match-up between WBC welterweight champion Mayweather, and former WWE, ECW and WCW Champion Big Show.

With Big Show standing 7 feet and 441 pounds - nearly three times the weight of the 5-foot-8, 159-pound Mayweather - not to mention the nearly one-foot difference in arm reach, their physical disparities are more than evident. With no rules, however, this personal rivalry is now anybody's game for the taking in Orlando's Citrus Bowl.

The Greatest Fighter in the World is quick to point out that very fact, saying, "Hey, what I do for a living is take risks. This is my idea that anything goes. He can't beat me at my game, but I can beat him at his."

Big Show sees things much differently than Mayweather -- and not just because he's the World's Largest Athlete. "This guy made the mistake of entering my world in the first place. Now that I have agreed to these wide-open rules, I may just break his back," he said. "This is my world, not his."

Will Big Show use the rules, or lack thereof, to deliver on his promise to end the career of Floyd Mayweather? Or can "Money" cash in on a way to bring down the Big Show in front of 70,000 of our fans? The answer will become clear this Sunday night at WrestleMania XXIV, LIVE and on pay-per-view, at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT.

Not true...TNA is aight...

Not true. TNA is TERRIBLE, and this is coming from someone who really wanted them to succeed.

There is no way this Mania is going to be the worst ever, what is everyone crying about?

Big deal Jeff Hardy isn't going to be there, yes I would like to see him there too, but he's only one person, I'm not going to be depressed thewhole time wishing he was there.

Let's run down the card here:

Chavo Guerrero vs the winner of the 24 man battle royal for the ECW Championship - Chavo usually puts on a good performance, but judging from the past fewECW and SD shows, he's either facing Tommy Dreamer, Kofi Kingston, Kane, or Mark Henry. Regardless of who it is, it will most likely be kept short.

Bunnymania Match - This of course is the match nobody really cares to see because it doesn't mean anything. But there is one thing that might make mereally enjoy this match, interaction between Snoop Dogg and Santino

Money in the Bank ladder match - Speaks for itself, we know this is going to be good, yes we would love to see Jeff Hardy in it, but he *!*+%$ up so deal withthe fact he's not in it. I'm still hoping they throw us a swerve and throw Matt in here at the last minute.

Umaga vs Batista - Yeah this match seems like it was just thrown together, which it was, but it still has the big possibility of being a good match. Prettymuch every high caliber match Umaga is involved in is great, this is Wrestlemania, I don't think either of these guys will put on a lackluster performance.Not to mention, this is supposedly the beginning of an ongoing feud between the two which will lead to Umaga jumping to smackdown where he will most likelyfeud with Undertaker for the World Title

Finlay vs JBL Belfast Brawl (Street Fight) - Yes the storyline includes a Leprechaun that was once thought to be Vince's son but was revealed to beFinlay's, but whether you like it or not, the build to this match has been great, and the match itself will most likely be even better. We've seen JBLdestroy Hornswoggle in front of a handcuffed Finlay who looked like he legitamitely wanted to kill JBL, we've seen JBL cut some great promos and evendestroy Hornswoggle while he was in the hospital. Face it, if Hornswoggle wasn't a little person, this feud would be much better received, but he is soeveryone thinks it's trash. The match itself will most likely be a classic JBL bloodbath brawl, and with Finlay being his opponent, you know you're infor a show. This match is the sleeper on the card.

Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show, anything goes - I don't know what to say about this match. Regardless of the outcome, I think it has the potential to beentertaining, of course it isn't going to much of an actual match, but it will entertain and be a fun match. I'm expecting a lot of outsideinterference and apparently there's supposed to be a big shocker in this match.
A source close to Leonard Ellerbe, Floyd Mayweather's manager, says that WWE has a major surprise for everyone at WrestleMania.

While Ellerbe legally prohibited from revealing the surprise, he did give enough information to make things interesting. Ellerbe told the source, "The match will shock the world and will have a swerve nobody will see coming."

Ric Flair vs HBK - This is the real main event, no matter where it is placed on the card. I'm expecting this match to steal the show. There is about a 95%chance that this is Flair's last match, so expect him to put on a classic Flair performance. The build for this match started out slow but this week'sRAW sold the entire thing. Flair cut a spectacular promo and HBK started to act in the heel role, they could've not mentioned this match once until Mondayand I would've been fine with it. This match will be a very emotional match and the outcom will most likely be the same.

Edge vs Undertaker - I don't know if anyone here even watches SD, but I think the build for this match was actually pretty good. Edge has destroyedUndertaker the past few weeks which is something you rarely see happen. This week Edge held a funeral for Taker's undefeated streak which saw Undertakerdestroy Hawkins and Ryder and chase off Edge in one final staredown before Mania. Edge really has the upper hand going into this match, which some may assumemean Taker's automatically winning, but things seem to be straying from the norm lately. One could safely assume that Taker wins this match, but I think ifanyone is going to end the streak, it will be Edge. Keep in mind Batista was originally planned to end it last year. Regardless of the outcome of this match,it will most likely be the best match of the night behind Flair HBK.

Orton vs Cena vs HHH - No it's not Benoit/HBK/HHH, but it will be a great match. The atmosphere for Cena's last two Mania matches has been incredible,I expect this year's to be the same. Sorry to all the haters, but of these three men, Cena is currently the best performer in this match. Yes, you all mayhate him for no reason, or because you think it's the cool thing to do, but John Cena is a workhorse and in big matches, he never fails to put on a damngood show. It is VERY likely that HHH wins this match, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Cena win it either. There's really no chance of Ortonretaining. Should this be the main event of Mania? No. Will it be a damn good match? Yes

This year's Mania is nowhere near being the worst of all time, this card is much stronger than many other past Mania's. Once everyone quits cryingabout Jeff Hardy and HHH winning, you will realize it. I myself am pumped.

Flair vs. HBK is the only match I am looking forward too. But I hope Shelton or Kennedy with MITB but they have no chance.

I haven't been following WWE, but even if the buildup has been lackluster, the matches look like they have potential to be pretty good. Potential being thekey word. Floyd vs Show, battle royal+ECW title match, and the divas match will probably be bathroom breaks for me. If Batista steps up like he did last yearthat match can be good, and while the triple threat probably won't be HHH/HBK/Benoit level, I think it will still be pretty good.

There's no way this will be as bad as past shows like IX, II, IV, XV, or XIII. Yes, those last two had good matches in Austin v. Rock 1 and Austin v. Bret,but they were pretty horrible otherwise.

i wouldn't say TNA is better, they also got no clue wth they're doing. the only reason i check TNA is for sharkboy
I think it's sad when the most entertaining thing about a promotion is someone doing an impersonation of another company's star from manyyears ago.

^Good analysis.

I really don't get why anyone's crying about Jeff Hardy either. I honestly believe he would have been overshadowed in the MITB by either SheltonBenjamin or Johnny Nitro (yes, I called him Johnny Nitro). Then you've got Carlito, who is an underrated athlete in the WWE whom I assume will shine in aMITB match. Yeah, I'm gonna miss Jeff too, but this is still a good roster of stars in this match.

It may not have been the best build, but there is plenty of potential in many of the matches. It will be no where near the worst WrestleMania.

Preview post will be up late tonight.

Back
Top Bottom