Wrestling Thread 2/24-3/2 | Feb 28 NXT Arrival 8pm ET On The Network | THE NETWORK IS LIVE

Watched some of Wrestlemania XIX and man I'm disappointed they changed some of the music in the opening promo. Nothing gets me more pumped for WM than those promos and XIX is probably my favorite.

This is the edited version

the original

Last edited:
^On top of Ziggler chants being edited out, did they also muffle a portion of the YES chants? At certain points, you could clearly see the entire arena motioning Yes, but the chants seemed faint

Also, I think WM XIX belongs up there as one of the top Wrestlemanias. The amount on star power plus flat put good matches is amazing. Really the only things to me that knocks it down are Lesnar's SSP botch, Rey/Matt Hardy not getting enough time, and HHH going over instead of Booker T. Even the matches that weren't workrate fests still provided entertainment (Vince/Hogan, Taker vs Show & A-Train)

Last edited:
kudos to @WWE for editing out the
WE WANT ZIGGLER chants
face to face w/dave
I will never forget that
thank u milwaukee
#SmackDown
— Dolph Ziggler (@HEELZiggler) March 1, 2014

But he doesn't connect with the crowd someone once said

Get organic responses... Edit them out
Get no responses... Edit them in
Good ole WWE logic
Honestly, this company gives you very little reason to look at it and say I think it continues to keep growing over the next 10 years. They don't listen to their fans. They constantly edit in and out crowd noise. They struggle at building new stars. WWE Network is the only catalyst they have going forward on Wall Street. And man, if those numbers disappoint and they aren't seeing the sign ups as expected, that stock is gonna get massacred back to $12. You would think they would do the right thing with the actual product that generates revenue, but they are so lost when it comes to what built this company, wrestling, errrr sports entertainment.

Why mess with the crowd? Why fight the people that attend your events in their hometown every year since they became of age?

It's like the brass hates itself for being a wrestling company.

I hope NXT doesn't get whitewashed. First show I ever watched on Thursday was dope.

The fact that they edit the music sucks from a nostalgia standpoint but is probably :pimp: from a paying out royalties perspective.

Last edited:
I think the best part of the show was probably the announce team. EVERYTHING they did was to enhance the work being done in the ring. They put over holds, moves, story, the wrestlers...My hope is that with more people watching NXT they start to wonder why Maggle, JBL, and Cardiac are still taking up space on Raw and Smackdown.

Yea, hopefully the NXT commentary team isn't instructed to dumb down their product so they won't cause humaniods to expect more from the Big Roster's commentary team.

Watching Emma wrestle last night was kind of like the first time you ever saw Hulk Hogan wrestle in Japan and went "Wait, he can do all that stuff too? ****!"
Great analogy. I am sure people were thinking the same. Because alot of non-NXT dudes that have seen Emma don't understand her at all. I didn't blame them either.

I hope NXT doesn't get whitewashed. First show I ever watched on Thursday was dope.
Haha good one.

Man, Smackdown audio edits are so bad and obvious it isn't funny. It is annoying man. Again, insulting the intelligence of the fans.

But Dlolph doesn't connect with the crowd someone once said
Right :lol:

Last edited:
SnarlingZealousBaboon.gif

BhmmrSACMAAR0Pw.jpg:large

At the time I didn't much care for the acquisitions of WCW or ECW but with the advent of the network I am beyond thankful

I've always been a fan of the MSG tunnel entrance. WWE should use it at all times whenever they're there.

Razor Ramon's swag entrance in WM X :smokin

I'm not alone when I say when I was younger, I swore Jericho had a twin and he was the one in Fozzy... right?

:wow: :rofl:

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is googling random guys I see in the old rumbles to see if they're still alive :nerd: :smh:

I know I have or any old PPV in general. Watched SummerSlam 90 last night and Mr. Perfect lost to Texas Tornado and it just made me sad. I also didn't know Kerry Von Erich only had one foot at that time.

December to Dismember 2007
Uncensored 2000
Greed 2001
Souled Out 2000 (besides Benoit vs Sid and The Wall vs Billy Kidman)
Sin 2001 (I think it had two good Cruiserweight matches, and complete chaos other than that. Also had that terrible Sid injury :x)
Superbrawl 2000

Notice the trend here :lol:?

A lot of the PPVs on the Smackdown side were pretty ****** in 2004 and 2005 as well. A lot of them were one match PPVs, or cards that just underwhelmed you overall. Taker vs Heidenrich :x Dudleyz vs Taker :x Eddie Guerrero vs Luther Reigns *falls askeep*

Last edited:
I know I have or any old PPV in general. Watched SummerSlam 90 last night and Mr. Perfect lost to Texas Tornado and it just made me sad. I also didn't know Kerry Von Erich only had one foot at that time.
dude I was gonna post that about von erich but was gonna refer to the 92 rumble. He was the Texas tornado and was from houston. So of course home state and town I had to look him up...didn't know he was one of the von Erich's :-(

dude I was gonna post that about von erich but was gonna refer to the 92 rumble. He was the Texas tornado and was from houston. So of course home state and town I had to look him up...didn't know he was one of the von Erich's :-(

The entire Von Erich family story is really sad.

Sin 2001 (I think it had two good Cruiserweight matches, and complete chaos other than that. Also had that terrible Sid injury :x)

Notice the trend here :lol:?
that sid injury for a while made me turn my head whenever someone would jump off the turnbuckle. Steiner had that wtf look and pinned him.

Back
Top Bottom