Wrestling Thread April 14-May 4 | 5/3 WWE Extreme Rules PPV Prediction Contest Now Open!

SCSA podcast ft. Heyman was good.. as expected
pimp.gif

johnny hotbody. haha just ask man

Johnny HotBody is your dad?..Just looked him up and he was the 1st ECW Triple Crown Champion!..That's crazy..I'm almost positive I've seen him on some of the early ECW shows I watched..

^^^

The Steiner Brothers definitely belong in the HOF. Would've liked to have seen more matches of them in ECW vs Malenko/Benoit. Scott Steiner also used to do a move where he would do a backflip while holding him up like he was about to give him a body slam.

Steiner Brothers more than deserve a HOF induction..But there's noway in hell they can go in before the Fabulous Freebirds..

WWE should do a WCW wing and ECW wing of the HOF..I know there won't be tons of guys that deserve to go in from ECW, but there are at least 10 I can think of..

Shane Douglas
Raven
Sandman
Tommy Dreamer
Paul Heyman
Joey Styles
Dudley Boys
Bam Bam
Lance Storm
Jerry Lynn
RVD
And the best of them all, The Human Suplex Machine, TAZ..

About to watch Wrestlemania XIX. Been trying to get into WCW PPVs but I just can't. Bugs me out that I was a WCW mark when I was a youngin before I knew WWF even existed

About to watch Wrestlemania XIX. Been trying to get into WCW PPVs but I just can't. Bugs me out that I was a WCW mark when I was a youngin before I knew WWF even existed

What's weird is that I watched WCW just as much as WWF/E during the mid-late 90s, but I can't really remember any PPVs or matches that really stood out that I want to go back and watch.

The undercard was always good, but as far as watching 2 main guys wrestle, nothing comes to mind.

Need Varsity Club material. Seeing them on Legends of Wrestling and the gimmick that Rick Steiner had was hilarious :lol:

What's weird is that I watched WCW just as much as WWF/E during the mid-late 90s, but I can't really remember any PPVs or matches that really stood out that I want to go back and watch.

The undercard was always good, but as far as watching 2 main guys wrestle, nothing comes to mind.
same here when it comes to wcw,i remember actually watching it as a kid,but its alittle cloudy i have to watch again to remember

they definitely need a ecw and wcw wing man,or just make sure all those guys get there due.its crazy how the wwe has a lock on the hall of fame.

anyway to pass the time,anyone have any good diva pics to post?
nerd.gif
devil.gif

I used to like Matt Hardy but then Edge stole Lita and I realized how much of a lunchbox he actually was. He had a decent feud with MVP though.

I was always a WCW guy, but I kinda feel the same..It's hard for me to remember any specific ppv's or matches..I think it has to do with the fact that WCW has been gone for 13 yrs. and there is no constant reminder of their history like with WWE..

I really really really hope WWE decides to put up Monday Night Raw and Monday Nitro episodes..It would be so great if we could all be able to watch each groups monday program and then be able to discuss the differences in each organization..Then have some back and for about that month's ppv for each company..

WWE seriously needs to step up their content game on the Network..Having every ppv is great, but without being able to watch the weekly shows for context almost makes it pointless..That's why I've hardly watched any of the ppvs so far..I spend most of my Network time on their Vault programs and WM Rewind and Beyond the Ring stuff..Having said all that it's still worth the 10 bucks a month and I'm glad I signed up..

I did however watch the ECW Hardcore TV episode where Shane beat 2 Cold for the NWA belt..I'll go to my death bed saying that the Franchise's speech after winning the belt was one of the best promos I've ever seen..His mic work doesn't get near the credit it deserves..

Steiner Brothers more than deserve a HOF induction..But there's noway in hell they can go in before the Fabulous Freebirds..

WWE should do a WCW wing and ECW wing of the HOF..I know there won't be tons of guys that deserve to go in from ECW, but there are at least 10 I can think of..

Shane Douglas
Raven
Sandman
Tommy Dreamer
Paul Heyman
Joey Styles
Dudley Boys
Bam Bam
Lance Storm
Jerry Lynn
RVD
And the best of them all, The Human Suplex Machine, TAZ..

I like that idea casekicks.

Add Sabu to the mix and def ECW wing could be filled.

And you're right, The Freebirds DEFINITELY need to be in the HOF. You would've thought that Michael Hayes' influence would've gotten them the nod when it was in Atlanta.

I was always a WCW guy, but I kinda feel the same..It's hard for me to remember any specific ppv's or matches..I think it has to do with the fact that WCW

I did however watch the ECW Hardcore TV episode where Shane beat 2 Cold for the NWA belt..I'll go to my death bed saying that the Franchise's speech after winning the belt was one of the best promos I've ever seen..His mic work doesn't get near the credit it deserves..

Yeah man, when Douglas starts saying the names of old NWA champs, and then to hear him say, "they can all, kiss, my, A*******." Dennis Corraluzo, the NWA president at the time I believe, had no idea that Douglas was going to go into business for Paul E. and Tod Gordon.

Any way of having AJ Stylez vs. Kaz Okada when ROH is in NYC? Did they announce the card yet?
I want to get a CTFU shirt and rock it that day.

Elgin beat Kevin Steen at their show the night before mania, so it's Elgin vs Okada for IWGP heavyweight title.
You'll eventually see Styles catch a rainmakaaaa now that he's in NJPW tho.

I'm more interested in who's wrestling shinskay.

I like that idea casekicks.

Add Sabu to the mix and def ECW wing could be filled.

And you're right, The Freebirds DEFINITELY need to be in the HOF. You would've thought that Michael Hayes' influence would've gotten them the nod when it was in Atlanta.

Damn, I totally whiffed on Sabu..He for sure belongs in the HOF..I know he was botch prone, but when he was on he was great..

Yeah man, when Douglas starts saying the names of old NWA champs, and then to hear him say, "they can all, kiss, my, A*******." Dennis Corraluzo, the NWA president at the time I believe, had no idea that Douglas was going to go into business for Paul E. and Tod Gordon.

I think if you watch the episode you can see Dennis at ringisde as Shane is throwing down the NWA belt..And when he said "And the fat man himself Dusty Rhodes" I laugh every time..Dude was giving zero damns that night and I loved it..

Elgin beat Kevin Steen at their show the night before mania, so it's Elgin vs Okada for IWGP heavyweight title.
You'll eventually see Styles catch a rainmakaaaa now that he's in NJPW tho.

I'm more interested in who's wrestling shinskay.

Ahhh, thanks for the info.

Nakamura's transformation to the wrestler from around 2003-present is awesome.

- WWE’s decision to hold a tournament to determine the #1 contender to Big E’s Intercontinental Championship was made the day of the show. The original plan was for Christian to be named the #1 contender, but he has not been medically cleared to wrestle.

So thank you christian for somewhat making the ic title relevant.

-With rumors circulating about the status of Rey Mysterio, there have been rumblings that he may be injured once again.

That does not seem to be the case, as Mysterio posted on Instagram that he was on vacation. It also appears that his third child may have been born, with his captain saying "newest family member Marie" was with them. There is no specifics as to when Mysterio will be back on the road with WWE, but it should be sometime soon.

F4WOnline.com's Bryan Alvarez has noted on his website that AJ Lee has asked for time off from WWE.

It was said in the Raw script that was leaked that Lee was "injured-TBD," but it seems like she is going to take some time off from the company. This could also explain the title change a week ago.

Rey and Christian should have a retirement match or a farewell match or something. They
forever hurt.

-F4WOnline.com is reporting that Paige was one of the few NXT stars to not be spotted partying on Bourbon Street during WrestleMania XXX week.

Many of the NXT talent were spotted and even took some pictures in the bars they visited, but this was not the case with Paige.

Paige turned 21 years old in August and there were concerns of bringing her up to the main roster because of her age. This was said to be a very positive sign for her, as she kept her distance from the atmosphere down in New Orleans and acted appropriately.

​-Gary Cantrell of More Like Radio recently interviewed former WWE creative team member Alex Greenfield, and below are some interview highlights. You can check out the entire interview at Morelikeradio.org.

On earning Undertaker's respect:

"Undertaker, even more so than Vince (McMahon) was tougher to get to know. He is a man who is absolutely protective of that character. I remember when I got promoted to head writer, I was sitting at home making a list of "**** Alex Needs to do to make this work" and near the top of that list was I need to call the Undertaker and say I'm here to earn your respect. Because you operate with different talent in different ways and there was no shortcut with the Undertaker. You know that Eddie and JBL liked me wasn't going to wasn't going to get me over with him cause he was a guy who's respect you earned."

On Undertaker making the call to end The Streak:

"There is no pressure that is put on the Undertaker to drop the streak. This was the Undertaker's decision, I have no doubt about that in my mind about that whatsoever. Nobody, including Vince (McMahon) is going to go to the Undertaker and say anything other than do you want to end the streak? There's never going to be a (Alex impersonate's Vince here) "Goddamn pal, Undertaker, it's over, pal. You're dropping the streak tonight." That would never happen in a million years. He is and I think it's safe to say the most respected guy in the locker room. I suspect he went to Vince and said this is the year and Brock is the guy. Thinking about it from Taker's perspective as such of a fight fan as he is, if you're going to go down, going down to the guy who walked away from wrestling and became the UFC heavyweight champion would appeal to his ego."

On how well Undertaker was in tune with his own character:

"He had very definitive ideas of what Undertaker would do and what Undertaker wouldn't do and made those things clear. And here's the thing, he was absolutely right. It was never about getting the character over in the traditional sense, it was an absolutely right impression of the best ways to tell stories with this character. Even when the character would lose. Even when Khali was beating the **** out of him, Khali, Undertaker and the team working working on that..We all listened to Taker because Taker even knew how to make the Undertaker lose the best possible way. He was never the guy who would say, 'oh, well, you know, I gotta win.' It's the classic thing of when a wrestler pitches creative it's usually give me the title I want to win. That wasn't the Undertaker's deal at all. He is a man who very much understands the utility of losing at the right time."

-​F4WOnline.com is reporting that Triple H vs. Roman Reigns has been penciled in for this year's WWE SummerSlam.

The seeds have already been planted, with Reigns spearing The Game this past week on WWE Raw. Expect their feud to continue through the summer.

Possible shield break up by then?

V1 Matt Hardy :rofl:

I used to like Matt Hardy but then Edge stole Lita and I realized how much of a lunchbox he actually was. He had a decent feud with MVP though.

Pretty sure I've said this in multiple threads, but VH1 Matt Hardy was his solo peak, and I hated that he killed his own gimmick just cause he wanted to be on the road with Lita on Raw. He was one of the many great things that was going on during Smackdown at the time, only to go to Raw and look like a goof. Minus that work-shoot with Edg and being chokeslammed off the turnbuckle by Kane, he did nothing at all on Raw. It's a shame how his career ended up over time, but it was through his own doing.

And that botch was on Nattie, she knows damn well Layla isn't going for an 02 Orton cross body, standing all far out like that :smh:

Hunico attire :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom