Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

When's the last time there was a body slam angle like that?

Was Cena involved in one?

Rusev I believe

Wasn't really an "angle" though

So what I'm saying is I don't know.

:\

Last edited:
When's the last time there was a body slam angle like that?

The Big John Studd Body Slam Challenge is the last one i remember...Andre obviously ended that challenge at WM1...but it must have gone on for 2 years before that...

when hogan was crowded champ they didnt even let him slam studd

Last edited:
The Big John Studd Body Slam Challenge is the last one i remember...Andre obviously ended that challenge at WM1...but it must have gone on for 2 years before that...

when hogan was crowded champ they didnt even let him slam studd

Also Yokozuna had one

D Fly D Fly

Forgot about the Rusev thing, but did that ever happen? I remember he was supposed to award a Maserati to the winner. I can't remember actually seeing the challenge tho

here is a great cage match from 83...that vince didn't bring up much as andre slams studd...and then off the top rope...yall gotta see da end to this match...pretty brutal...
i remember seeing this match as a kid tho, so they did put it on tapes, tv, and referenced it occasionally...two years before WM1 when andre "finally" slammed studd...
kind like when hogan "finally" slammed andre at wm3 :lol: ....

Last edited:
1983 was Andre's last decent year.

He was sub-par really after 1981 with the broken ankle...but still showed signs of old andre until about end of 83...like in that cage match i posted...

also - his tag match with snuka vs the wild samoans from 83 was good too

:smh:

Andre's 1981 Stretcher Match versus Killer Khan (who they kayfabe blamed the ankle break on) may be my favorite Andre match.

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to find in full form online...would hope its accessible on the network somewhere...?...:nerd:

If I could suggest just one Andre The Giant match...that's the one...it may have won MOTY in 1981...

:nthat:

Last edited:
Totally did not know there was an ROH PPV tonight

Here's the card:

Lio Rush vs. Jay White vs. Donovan Dijak vs. Kamaitachi in a 4 Corners Survival Match to determine the #1 contender to the ROH TV title

Jay Briscoe vs. Hangman Page

CHAOS (Rocky Romero, Beretta & Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa)

Silas Young vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Kazuchika Okada vs. Dalton Castle

The Addiction (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito & EVIL) vs. Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi for the ROH Tag Team Championship

Bobby Fish (c) vs. Mark Briscoe for the ROH World Television Championship

Jay Lethal (c) vs. Adam Cole for the ROH World Championship

celticspride34 celticspride34

Yeah I'm watching that show tomorrow :lol:...

I'm going to the PPV next month... I really hope the same crew comes over, especially Yano and Shibata...

I hope Yujiro stays at home though :lol:...

Castle vs Okada really intrigues me :lol:

Might watch it when I get home

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom