Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

Sorry for the late start.  Had a busy day of shoveling, packing, driving back to Philly, more shoveling....

Tonight we have:
Randy Orton vs Sheamus
The Miz vs Jerry Lawler

I'm going to try and put together a 2010 Year in Review post later this week.

Sorry for the late start.  Had a busy day of shoveling, packing, driving back to Philly, more shoveling....

Tonight we have:
Randy Orton vs Sheamus
The Miz vs Jerry Lawler

I'm going to try and put together a 2010 Year in Review post later this week.

cena tweeted that he will make it to raw despite the weather
indifferent.gif

maybe he really is superman
nerd.gif

cena tweeted that he will make it to raw despite the weather
indifferent.gif

maybe he really is superman
nerd.gif

Another crappy list

WWE has recently posted a video looking at the Top 10 WWE Submission Superstars of all time . They ranked the wrestlers as followed :

10 . Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

Don't think this has been discussed in a while but what are your thoughts on the E acting as if "Mr. Benoit" never existed?

Another crappy list

WWE has recently posted a video looking at the Top 10 WWE Submission Superstars of all time . They ranked the wrestlers as followed :

10 . Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

Don't think this has been discussed in a while but what are your thoughts on the E acting as if "Mr. Benoit" never existed?

When was the last time Chris Jericho won by submission? John Cena submitted more guys in 6 months than CJ did his whole career.

When was the last time Chris Jericho won by submission? John Cena submitted more guys in 6 months than CJ did his whole career.

Originally Posted by hellaones

Another crappy list

10 . Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

I understand why they do it.  A lot of people believe his actions are a direct result of the brain injury and steroid abuse caused by being a pro wrestler.  Huge black eye for the industry.... but all long-term fans know we can't discredit his in-ring ability.  Dude was clearly one of the best.  I miss the guy as a performer (as I'm sure the E does), but I'm also still dismayed by what he did.

Another crappy list

10 . Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

I understand why they do it.  A lot of people believe his actions are a direct result of the brain injury and steroid abuse caused by being a pro wrestler.  Huge black eye for the industry.... but all long-term fans know we can't discredit his in-ring ability.  Dude was clearly one of the best.  I miss the guy as a performer (as I'm sure the E does), but I'm also still dismayed by what he did.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

I'm honestly shocked that they didn't put John Cena on this list.  I'm also surprised Ted Dibiase isn't there.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

I'm honestly shocked that they didn't put John Cena on this list.  I'm also surprised Ted Dibiase isn't there.

Another crappy list

10 . Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

I mean it's understandable.

Right now it's hard to separate Chris Benoit the phenomenal wrestler from Chris Benoit the man who did those reprehensible acts. It's only been 3 years since he did what he did.

Any knowledgeable wrestling fan knows that Benoit belongs on that list and could arguably be #1 but WWE would get crucified for acknowledging his wrestling accolades because it would look like they're honoring him.

Maybe 10 years down the road that'll change but I doubt it.

Another crappy list

10 . Tazz
9. William Regal
8. Sgt. Slaughter
7. Daniel Bryan
6. Dean Malenko
5. Chris Jericho
4. Ric Flair
3. Bob Backlund
2. Kurt Angle
1. Bret Hart

I mean it's understandable.

Right now it's hard to separate Chris Benoit the phenomenal wrestler from Chris Benoit the man who did those reprehensible acts. It's only been 3 years since he did what he did.

Any knowledgeable wrestling fan knows that Benoit belongs on that list and could arguably be #1 but WWE would get crucified for acknowledging his wrestling accolades because it would look like they're honoring him.

Maybe 10 years down the road that'll change but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom