Wrestling Thread Feb 7-13 | 2/13 TNA Against All Odds - Angle vs Jarrett | Anderson vs Jeff Hardy

With no prior announcements, I just logged onto WWE.com to see that Mr. McMahon was returning tonight (presumably from his 6+ month coma).  I have no idea what the plan with him tonight is... if it's a one time thing, something with the anonymous GM, a recurring role to set up a match at WrestleMania or what the plan may be.  Vince has said that he has retired from being a wrestler.  Tonight's show is in Milwaukee, so he may be there to overblow the fact that Aaron Rodgers had the World Heavyweight Championship belt after winning the Superbowl last night.  WWE has invited the Packers to tomorrow night's Smackdown taping, and many are expected to be there.

The much more interesting news is that WWE's quarterly stockholders call is later this week, where Vince McMahon, not Mr. McMahon, will have to explain WWE's terrible 4th quarter numbers.

Last week's Raw was a bit of hit and miss.  Alberto Del Rio began the show by announcing he would face Edge at WrestleMania. Well, he actually announced he would challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship.  I think it's pretty stupid for Del Rio to announce the belt he is challenging for rather than the person.  If you're going to put both titles on the line at Elimination Chamber, then Del Rio shouldn't announce his decision until after the show.  Better yet, since WWE has made the titles meaningless anyway, do we really need to even have both titles defended at Elimination Chamber?  Whatever title Del Rio isn't challenging for, that person can be in a title match.  They can then have just one Elimination Chamber with a mix of Raw and Smackdown guys to become the #1 contender for the other title.  It would make winning the Rumble feel much more important.

We had a Raw Rumble last week to determine the #1 Contender for The Miz at Elimination Chamber.  The winner of the match would get the title shot, and the other six would be entered into the Elimination Chamber match to become the #1 contender at WrestleMania.  Jerry Lawler won the match which is a very nice change of pace from the normal Cena and Orton matches.  Fans really seemed to be into Lawler winning the match last week, so hopefully that momentum carries on for the next two weeks.

And as a result of that match, it left Cena, Morrison, R-Truth, Orton, Sheamus, and Punk in the Elimination Chamber.  It's been known for a long time that it will be Miz vs Cena at Mania, so there isn't a whole lot of intrigue to the match.

The biggest miss for me last week was the second straight week of Champion vs Champion match with Miz facing Edge.  Again, it just proved how meaningless the titles are as this was just thrown in the middle of the show and of course didn't have a clean finish despite the Anonymous GM's ruling that there must be a winner.  In the most infuriating segment of the night, John Cena appeared in a luxury box during the match making fun of Miz which distracted him costing him the match.  Cena, who was eliminated from the Royal Rumble by The Miz, someone who was not in the match, would rather make stupid jokes instead of taking the loss of one of the biggest matches of the year seriously.  The terrible, terrible booking of Miz continues.  I don't expect him to be able to be Lawler cleanly either.  I fully expect Michael Cole to cost Lawler the match.  Miz will then go to WrestleMania where he'll of course lose to Cena.  The Miz will have one clean win during his entire reign, and that will be over John Morrison.

Husky Harris was eliminated from Nexus after being punted in the head by Randy Orton (and that was after he lost cleanly to Santino's Cobra).  I have a feeling when/if he comes back, he will be the Much Skinnier Harris.

The Bella Twins once again attacked Gail Kim.  This seems to be setting up the Bellas bringing in Awesome Kong to attack Gail.  At least Gail vs Kong should be a good match.

With no prior announcements, I just logged onto WWE.com to see that Mr. McMahon was returning tonight (presumably from his 6+ month coma).  I have no idea what the plan with him tonight is... if it's a one time thing, something with the anonymous GM, a recurring role to set up a match at WrestleMania or what the plan may be.  Vince has said that he has retired from being a wrestler.  Tonight's show is in Milwaukee, so he may be there to overblow the fact that Aaron Rodgers had the World Heavyweight Championship belt after winning the Superbowl last night.  WWE has invited the Packers to tomorrow night's Smackdown taping, and many are expected to be there.

The much more interesting news is that WWE's quarterly stockholders call is later this week, where Vince McMahon, not Mr. McMahon, will have to explain WWE's terrible 4th quarter numbers.

Last week's Raw was a bit of hit and miss.  Alberto Del Rio began the show by announcing he would face Edge at WrestleMania. Well, he actually announced he would challenge for the World Heavyweight Championship.  I think it's pretty stupid for Del Rio to announce the belt he is challenging for rather than the person.  If you're going to put both titles on the line at Elimination Chamber, then Del Rio shouldn't announce his decision until after the show.  Better yet, since WWE has made the titles meaningless anyway, do we really need to even have both titles defended at Elimination Chamber?  Whatever title Del Rio isn't challenging for, that person can be in a title match.  They can then have just one Elimination Chamber with a mix of Raw and Smackdown guys to become the #1 contender for the other title.  It would make winning the Rumble feel much more important.

We had a Raw Rumble last week to determine the #1 Contender for The Miz at Elimination Chamber.  The winner of the match would get the title shot, and the other six would be entered into the Elimination Chamber match to become the #1 contender at WrestleMania.  Jerry Lawler won the match which is a very nice change of pace from the normal Cena and Orton matches.  Fans really seemed to be into Lawler winning the match last week, so hopefully that momentum carries on for the next two weeks.

And as a result of that match, it left Cena, Morrison, R-Truth, Orton, Sheamus, and Punk in the Elimination Chamber.  It's been known for a long time that it will be Miz vs Cena at Mania, so there isn't a whole lot of intrigue to the match.

The biggest miss for me last week was the second straight week of Champion vs Champion match with Miz facing Edge.  Again, it just proved how meaningless the titles are as this was just thrown in the middle of the show and of course didn't have a clean finish despite the Anonymous GM's ruling that there must be a winner.  In the most infuriating segment of the night, John Cena appeared in a luxury box during the match making fun of Miz which distracted him costing him the match.  Cena, who was eliminated from the Royal Rumble by The Miz, someone who was not in the match, would rather make stupid jokes instead of taking the loss of one of the biggest matches of the year seriously.  The terrible, terrible booking of Miz continues.  I don't expect him to be able to be Lawler cleanly either.  I fully expect Michael Cole to cost Lawler the match.  Miz will then go to WrestleMania where he'll of course lose to Cena.  The Miz will have one clean win during his entire reign, and that will be over John Morrison.

Husky Harris was eliminated from Nexus after being punted in the head by Randy Orton (and that was after he lost cleanly to Santino's Cobra).  I have a feeling when/if he comes back, he will be the Much Skinnier Harris.

The Bella Twins once again attacked Gail Kim.  This seems to be setting up the Bellas bringing in Awesome Kong to attack Gail.  At least Gail vs Kong should be a good match.

husky was written of because officials dont like his look so yea, he'll look skinnier if hes back

husky was written of because officials dont like his look so yea, he'll look skinnier if hes back

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Finally! His side boobs were Mabel-esque.
sick.gif

Alex

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Finally! His side boobs were Mabel-esque.
sick.gif

Alex

I miss the days where every guy didn't look like he just shot up on HGH and steroids.  Nothing wrong with a few Yokozunas, Vaders, or One Man Gangs on the roster.

I miss the days where every guy didn't look like he just shot up on HGH and steroids.  Nothing wrong with a few Yokozunas, Vaders, or One Man Gangs on the roster.

8 man tag on ROH right now... Kings of Wrestling, All Night Express, The Briscos, Worlds Greatest Tag Team.  Should be awesome.

8 man tag on ROH right now... Kings of Wrestling, All Night Express, The Briscos, Worlds Greatest Tag Team.  Should be awesome.

I think we'll probably see a new 2/21/11 video tonight with a little more detail.

I think we'll probably see a new 2/21/11 video tonight with a little more detail.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Probably, I completely forgot to mention that in my preview.

And it really, REALLY annoyed me how both times when the video played, they came back to the show, and the announcers acted like nothing happened.  They comment on every other little thing, they should have had some type of reaction to the video package.

Probably, I completely forgot to mention that in my preview.

And it really, REALLY annoyed me how both times when the video played, they came back to the show, and the announcers acted like nothing happened.  They comment on every other little thing, they should have had some type of reaction to the video package.

If I remember correctly, when the Jericho Save Us videos first aired I don't think the announcers said anything about them either. 

If I remember correctly, when the Jericho Save Us videos first aired I don't think the announcers said anything about them either. 

i still dont think its taker

why would wwe drop the video and then advertise him for that raw

i still dont think its taker

why would wwe drop the video and then advertise him for that raw

Or when Fatt Hardy came through the crowd to attack Edge.  It annoys the hell out of me.

Or when Fatt Hardy came through the crowd to attack Edge.  It annoys the hell out of me.

Back
Top Bottom