Wrestling Thread Jan 4-17 | 1/11 WCW Legend Going Into WWE HoF; Brock Returns to Raw Tonight

AJ Styles enters the rumble at number 19

He eliminates Tyler Breeze and Erick Rowan (The Rowan elimination is supposed to impress us)

Brock enters at number 20 and promptly eliminates AJ and 5 other guys

AJ moves on to a program with Tyler Breeze

Cena sucks. I get he carries the load with the merch sales and make a wishes, but he bores me. Personal preference. 

PLVN: yeah, seems accurate, though the talk is now that he will appear at Raw and not RR. 

He eliminates Tyler Breeze and Erick Rowan (The Rowan elimination is supposed to impress us)

This may very well happen.
laugh.gif

Apparently, WWE offered him a lot of money:
PWTorch has learned that ROH wanted to sign Styles to a six-figure deal where he would have continued to work for ROH and New Japan as part of their partnership.

However, WWE topped ROH’s offer.

Styles noted in pre-Tokyo Dome interviews that he was looking for financial stability for his family well after his wrestling career is over.
http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/01/16/pwtorch-report-how-a-j-styles-ended-up-in-wwe/

People still listen to Russo?

I think the biggest issue they will have is with Swagsuke, but I think he is a professional and will adapt quickly. They might nix the Styles Clash too for BJ Fashion, not sure about that one. I think the promotion should run with the fact that it has hurt people and build him to be feared because of that move, but we know Vinnie Mac isn't about that life. 

Gallows and MG should be fine, another dude using a cutter move gets everyone hype  unless you are Cena botching those off the rope ones.

They let McCool use the Styles Clash, can't imagine they wouldn't let Styles himself use it

- AJ Styles will be working his send off match this Saturday in Duluch, GA. Ring of Honor made the following announcement regarding the match:
“The best wrestling on the planet, Ring of Honor, will bring another great night of action to the Atlanta area on Saturday, January 23rd, 2016. We will be making our debut at the Infinite Energy Center (Formerly the Gwinnett Center) with a 7:30PM bell time!

In addition to the hard-hitting, fast-paced professional wrestling that only ROH showcases, fans in Duluth with have an opportunity to send off ROH Legend and hometown star “The Phenomenal One” AJ STYLES!

Styles will be appearing live in Duluth to sign autographs and take photos with the BEST FANS ON THE PLANET! A cornerstone of ROH since its inception in 2002, Gainesville, GA’s Styles has become one of the most accomplished stars in professional wrestling, capturing a litany of major titles including, most recently, the IWGP World Championship! Don’t miss your chance to meet and greet this ROH Legend at his LAST ROH APPEARANCE – you just don’t know where you may see him next!”

Styles is def debuting at the Rumble.

I thought you were really going somewhere, but I could actually see this :lol: :rofl:

Cena sucks. I get he carries the load with the merch sales and make a wishes, but he bores me. Personal preference. 

Cana has had classic matches through out his career and is one of the best promos in the biz. Cena>>>>>> the indie guys that do all them flips with no rhyme or reason other than just because they can.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom