Wrestling Thread July 6-12 | 7/10 Smackdown - Jericho vs Mysterio (Great Match)

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

The Bourne match was fun while it lasted and the Swagger on the VIP lounge was good.

I think Cena will win the title at NOC, and Orton will face HHH to end the feud at Summerslam in a H.I.A.C. match.

Then maybe Cena can face Miz at Summerslam for title?
eyes.gif

Probably not, but oh well...
This is what I'm thinking. Take the strap off of Orton/HHH, move onto Cena. The only problem is I don't think anyone else is ready to stepup right now to go up against Cena. No point in bringing in Miz or MVP if they're gonna lose and then move on.

JC- Took a shot at Sara Palin
- Praised Edge
- Talked about how the WWE is 13 years too late trying to make Henry a face.
- Took a shot at Vince for the stupidity that was the recent Donald Trump angle.
- Roddy Pipers arrest
- How most of the fans understand wrestlers more than the WWE creative team about how to get a guy "over".

The main WSW two part podcast talked about the loss of Edge as well. It also discussed an interesting angle possibility involving Edge and the Hart Trilogy.They also praised how CM Punk is being used in terms of his soon to be full fledged heel turn, which should culminate at Summerslam (which could be Jeff'slast match for awhile). Discussed the need to develop new stars, and how WWE dropped the ball by letting Mark Henry rather than Evan Bourne get the cleanvictory over Orton last week.

The crap continues. Bourne/Kofi was good til the Slow showed up. Million Dollar Man clearly the hi-lite of the whole show. This feud between Swagga n MVP canbe good.

What a surprise a triple threat match. Hercules and Thor just can't stay out the main event.
smh.gif

Lookin forward to the rest of the better wrestling shows. All the spoilers make them seem good especially SD n TNA

So what is the official rule on Sleeper Holds? Sometimes the ref checks the dude's arm to make sure it's not on the neck. Sometimes they have blatantSleeper's like in the HHH/Cena match

It seems like they will be using MVP and Swagger to feud with each other hopefully to help develop both men leading to them becomingthe next U.S champion tohelp catpault them to the WWE title. If not I can see them using Swagger and MVP to face off against Cena when he becomes champ at NOC. I wonder what they aregoing to do with Santino as I feel they should have him feud with Kofi for the title as well as with Bourne plus the Miz to help develop the guys into maineventers.

The WWE can have Kofi and Santino face each other each placing their own flag over the belt to bring controversy leading to Swagger the all American Americanwinning it and returning it back as the U.S title.

They can use Bourne to face in Tag Division to develop him more with Kendric and win the titles. THe two man can split with a baby feud which would put eachman in the fights for the U.S title.

Once Swagger loses the title to either man he can be bumped into Main even status to face off against other main eventers.

The Miz and Santino can be used as extra wrestlers now to give the U.S title some light occasionally going after the main eventers. I mean the can give MVPSwagger and Cena to face off for the title if Cena were to win it at NOC giving the WWE a chance to place a few more wrestlers in the light.

The way wwe has been booking Orton has really made not like dude, plus cole say vintage viper cobra and any other snake reference every 10 secs randy wrestles
Couldnt agree more.

Jerry Lawler "THIS IS THE EPITOME OF A WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENT HAPPENNING RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF US!!"

3003232946_f412af45c9.jpg

yeah lawler....because ppv main events go for a STRONG 15 minutes...

Am I the only one looking forward to ECW more than anything this week?

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Am I the only one looking forward to ECW more than anything this week?

Thursday will have Ecw, superstars, and tna this week. 4 hours of wrestling on thursday
eek.gif

Saw this on a another board, thought it would fit better here then in a new topic. Jericho vs The Miz: Twitter war

Jericho
@mikethemiz that would be great and can u please pick me up some pepto as well...I just watched one of your matches.
about 8 hours ago from TwitterFon

@mikethemiz wow the foxtail call center huh? What's next, a signing at piggly wigglys?
about 9 hours ago from TwitterFon

@mikethemiz 15000 fans in attendance tonight and not one of them will buy a Chick Magnet tshirt.
about 11 hours ago from TwitterFon

@mikethemiz I heard Miz had a barnburner of a match tonight...people ran out and burned their barns in protest.
10:26 AM Jul 6th from TwitterFon

I'm glad Miz thinks of me when he's taking a dumpski. I think of him when I'm banging his mum...
4:31 AM Jul 6th from txt

Just heard Miz's match tonight in Adelaide was cancelled due to lack of interest...
4:29 AM Jul 6th from txt

@mikethemiz Adam lambert called and he wants you back...
10:52 PM Jul 5th from TwitterFon

@mikethemiz And the fauxhawk is the new fanny pack.
9:22 PM Jul 5th from TwitterFon

Tried to surf today but I was worse than a Miz match..
9:12 PM Jul 5th from txt

Miz

@IAmJericho this tweetwar is so childish y dont u deal with ur midlife crisis with writin a new book entitled around the world in depends.
about 4 hours ago from mobile web

@IAmJericho y did u want me to pick u up some tampons for u
about 9 hours ago from mobile web

@IAmJericho and im sure the fans in japan r excited about seeing u in ur banana hammock
about 11 hours ago from mobile web

@IAmJericho just heard this band who r supposed to be the new jonas brothers the singer sounds like hannah montana. theyre called fozzy

@IAmJericho i just talked to my mom and she said not to worry it happens to alot of guys, you were nervous. Also y does she call u pinky
9:45 AM Jul 6th from web in reply to IAmJericho

@IAmJericho code broken i broke the walls down.
12:17 AM Jul 6th from mobile web

@IAmJericho as i sit here in the stalls of jericho i cant get this parasite out does anyone have a code breaker?
12:11 AM Jul 6th from mobile web

@IAmJericho i ate some bad food i have to go take a chris jericho
12:08 AM Jul 6th from mobile web

@IAmJericho listen clay jericho i mean chris aiken i mean y2gay ryan seacrest called n he wants his highlights back
10:15 PM Jul 5th from mobile web

@IAmJericho it did come in handy back in 1996 remember those days when u actually had hair. its cool though bald is the new black.
8:20 PM Jul 5th from mobile web

@IAmJericho i cant do this back n forth my dad always taught my to respect the elderly.
7:51 AM Jul 5th from mobile web

@IAmJericho if u looked this good u would do the same. @fhnixon i guess its a rockstar thing.
2:03 AM Jul 5th from mobile web

Why are people so mad that Miz lost to Cena?

Cena is beyond an accomplished singles wrestler. A 3 time United States Champion, 2 time World Heavyweight Champion and a 3 time WWE champion.

The Miz has beaten the likes of Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty and Nunzio. He's been squashed by the likes of Snitsky, Balls Mahoney and the Boogeyman.

He is an accomplished tag team champion, but during his teaming with Morrison, Miz was clearly the weak link of the team and overshadowed by Morrison everynight.

He comes to Raw as the punk up and coming kid who is trying to take out the top singles star of the past 5 years, berating him on the mic each week, but hasyet to wrestle a singles match on the show and is vastly under accomlished.

Miz finally gets his match with Cena and loses. Getting a reality check, no pun intended, that he is not yet ready to wrestle with the likes of Cena. So now hecan set his sights lower and build himself up as legitimate for awhile. One day, when he is ready, and not clearly inferior, he can come back and challengeCena again.

I mean come on. The Miz does not deserve a main event spot. Maybe someday, but certainly not right now. A win over Cena now would only hurt him in the longrun.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Cena is beyond an accomplished singles wrestler. A 3 time United States Champion, 2 time World Heavyweight Champion and a 3 time WWE champion.

The Miz has beaten the likes of Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty and Nunzio. He's been squashed by the likes of Snitsky, Balls Mahoney and the Boogeyman.

He is an accomplished tag team champion, but during his teaming with Morrison, Miz was clearly the weak link of the team and overshadowed by Morrison every night.

He comes to Raw as the punk up and coming kid who is trying to take out the top singles star of the past 5 years, berating him on the mic each week, but has yet to wrestle a singles match on the show and is vastly under accomlished.

Miz finally gets his match with Cena and loses. Getting a reality check, no pun intended, that he is not yet ready to wrestle with the likes of Cena. So now he can set his sights lower and build himself up as legitimate for awhile. One day, when he is ready, and not clearly inferior, he can come back and challenge Cena again.

I mean come on. The Miz does not deserve a main event spot. Maybe someday, but certainly not right now. A win over Cena now would only hurt him in the long run.

Just stop please

He is an accomplished tag team champion, but during his teaming with Morrison, Miz was clearly the weak link of the team and overshadowed by Morrison every night.

He comes to Raw as the punk up and coming kid who is trying to take out the top singles star of the past 5 years, berating him on the mic each week, but has yet to wrestle a singles match on the show and is vastly under accomlished.

Miz finally gets his match with Cena and loses. Getting a reality check, no pun intended, that he is not yet ready to wrestle with the likes of Cena. So now he can set his sights lower and build himself up as legitimate for awhile. One day, when he is ready, and not clearly inferior, he can come back and challenge Cena again.

I mean come on. The Miz does not deserve a main event spot. Maybe someday, but certainly not right now. A win over Cena now would only hurt him in the long run.

its not that he lost, i think most of us expected that, its that he got squashed

Originally Posted by Jules300

Just stop please

Tell me what's wrong with my logic and I might.

WWE needs to push Miz to a top heel and not bury him. I don't care how he beats Cena, but he needs to get a W in the books against him, then go on to beat(cheating or not) other superstars just below main event status to gain more heat. A long running fued with MVP would be good, and even something with Kofi.But this guys needs to be in the spotlight, b/c the heat he's generating right now is only scratching the surface of what he's capable of if the WWEplays it right.

AHHHH, who am I kidding, just move him to Smackdown, and it'll be taken of proper.

^^ I do not think most expected Miz to win, but having him get squashed is more damaging than the actual loss. The problem with the WWE and why it has been ina coma for the past few years, is because you have the same guys in the main event picture. Looking at the top 4 guys: Randy, Paul, John and Dave, none ofthese guys are good wrestlers, nor good on the mic.

Would it have really killed the WWE and merchandise sales by having Cena lose to Miz? NO. Hell Miz could have won by cheating, but the fact is it would nothave made Cena look weak by losing to the Miz. Wrestle with the likes of Cena? You make it seem like he is HBK or Bret Hart. Cena is a good guy and tries hard,and more willing to put a guy over than "Nariz Grande" but is an average wrestler with a stale and corny gimmick. Sorry Yardfather but most of theWWE's core audience does not remember no care who a wrestler may have lost to when they first began wrestling. The WWE used to be innovative and fresh, butit seems they are obsessed with hiring ex MTV reality show writers to the creative team, rather than people who "gasp" have a damn clue aboutwrestling and the business.

Back
Top Bottom