Wrestling Thread June 5th-30th/TGIF Edition/G1 Special In US Saturday 8PM ET Okada vs Cody

They just need better booking

I haven't really enjoyed WWE in years. Some parts of it have been entertaining but for the most part it's been crap.

Was the Attitude Era perfect? Hell no.

But I would rather watch a ppv from 1999 than 2016.

That's what being 9 versus 26 will do to you.

Doesn't make it ok. 

yeah, it would be given context. 

I find it in extremely poor taste given the history of what the country has gone through in regards to nuclear disaster, and specifically in this case, Hiroshima. To turn a buck off of that in my opinion is ridiculously offensive, and should be to many, regardless of nationality. 

I'm going to go with to each their own here and not argue with you.

Destruction is just the name of the show and Hiroshima is the city

Destruction in Kobe
Destruction in Tokyo

They're not trying to be cheeky...that's just how they format the names of some of their events

New Beginning in Osaka
Dominion in Osaka Jo Hall

Last edited:
Seth Rollins does nothing for me anymore.
The decision to not turn him face when he came back from his injury is the stupidest decision I've ever seen. WWE literally had the story write itself and presented on a golden platter but they were too stubborn because they wanted their golden boy Reigns to stay face. They could've had their next huge face in Rollins. Taking away the Curb Stomp also made Rollins lose his edge. That was still a really dumb decision too.

laugh.gif

Last edited:

If you didn't think Great Balls of Fire was a bad name for a ppv, well, here is the new winner.

19510177_1326652837404498_8126374558191881532_n.jpg
y i k e s. yikes and a half.

I mention this at every available opportunity, but I always wondered how they forgave "us" for that.

I guess if they're okay with it...
Her love for her husband seems almost like an obsession and worship sometimes.

Just seems odd.
honestly, I think that's the caliber of emotion that has to be involved in order to spend 40-60 years of free time in the nearly exclusive psychic and sexual company of a single human being.

...but as for pro wrestling, I've become obsessed with fly *** rollups. Mustafa Ali executed a nifty little rolling crucifix pin on 205 Live last night, so I searched for a few more:

I can dig it. Can't put 'em down, tie 'em up.

I mention this at every available opportunity, but I always wondered how they forgave "us" for that.

Having been twice myself, alone and in the company of native Japanese, the majority of the generations who are younger have. Some survivors ( the few left) and the children of those individuals have not. Nagasaki and Hiroshima are events that shaped the world globally and I think we as a species need to take stock of that and truly try to make a difference. Something like this does not help the wounds heal as it is profiteering off of tragedy and the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives. 

I am sure I will get some remarks for being "soft" but the reality is until you go there, you sit in front of the Genbaku dome, and you speak with people who have been affected by that event on a much closer level than we as US citizens do at a distance and through the lens of history and media, well, you just do not get it. 

That's how I see it

If the Japanese people have no issue with it, I don't believe it's my place to be offended on their behalf or dictate what they should find offensive

I might feel differently if the intention of the show's name was to invoke the attack on Hiroshima as a promotional tactic, but I don't see anything that points to that being true

Seth should use the X-Factor.

Seriously though, God's Last Gift, Frog Splash, or even go back to the pedigree.
He could do what Kenny Omega does, beats someone and acquires their move. He is the master of the pedigree.

Kenny does the Rainmaker Knee (Kingslayer?) Way better too.

That's how I see it

If the Japanese people have no issue with it, I don't believe it's my place to be offended on their behalf or dictate what they should find offensive

I might feel differently if the intention of the show's name was to invoke the attack on Hiroshima as a promotional tactic, but I don't see anything that points to that being true
If they had an issue with it, majority of them won't ever say they do because culturally they tend to not speak out of turn. The younger generations however have definitely started to make their voices heard on a wide breadth of topics from queer issues, women's rights, nuclear power/disarmament, re-militarizing of the country, etc. But they are also possibly the furthest displaced from the context at this point because of what they are taught and understand the events as. 

I am not saying New Japan was invoking an attack specifically on the city of Hiroshima itself, I found it to be in large distaste however based on the fact this is a consumed media/entertainment with profit as the goal. 

Seth should use the X-Factor.

Seriously though, God's Last Gift, Frog Splash, or even go back to the pedigree.
He could do what Kenny Omega does, beats someone and acquires their move. He is the master of the pedigree.

Kenny does the Rainmaker Knee (Kingslayer?) Way better too.
Kenny started that move LOL, so of course he does it better. 

Someone used the "Civil War" reference. Doesn't correlate. Now if WWE named a PPV "Destruction in Pearl Harbor" maybe it would be even.

Back
Top Bottom