Wrestling Thread Mar 2-8 | 3/6 Smackdown - MVP vs Matt Hardy, Shelton vs Jeff Hardy

ECW Results{airing tonight}

Spoiler [+]
Dark Match:

*Kofi Kingston defeated William Regal in a good match.

ECW:

*Kane defeated Boogeyman after a chokeslam.

*Mark Henry defeated Santino Marella to quality for the Money in the Bank.

*Natalya (with Tyson Kidd) defeated Alicia Fox (with DJ Gabriel) with a sharpshooter. After the match, Tyson tried to attack Gabriel but was tossed over the top rope to the floor.

*ECW champ Jack Swagger & WWE Tag Team champions John Morrison & The Miz defeated Christian & Tommy Dreamer & Finlay when Swagger pinned Christian.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at the second match. Ughhhhh...
alien.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

u can pretty much say trips will win at mania...

trips doesnt job 2 straight times to the same guy, he only did that for shawn michaels
HHH has an amazingly negative record at WM. He's my pick to win, but you never know. It seems like the only time his ego doesn't win isat the biggest show of the year.

Originally Posted by Darko for MVP

Hogan vs Rock was a classic. A potential Hogan vs Cena match won't even hold a candle because of 3 reasons.
1.Cena can't wrestle
2. Hogan is way too old
3. Cena's wrestling ability vs Hogan's aging wrestling ability......you get the point.
Cena vs Hogan won't be a classic, but for different reasons.

First, you guys give The Rock way too much credit as a wrestler. He was no doubt one of the greatest performers ever, but as a wrestler, I wouldn't puthim that much ahead of Cena.

Next, there was an actual storyline behind Rock vs Hogan. Cena vs Hogan would just get thrown together without a real story to care about.

Last, Hogan is way too old at this point.

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I cannot #%*@@@# believe it. They are gonna actually have Edge face Big Show at Wrestlemania? I didn't get to see the end of Raw because it got cut off, but doesn't Cena deserve another match due to the fact that he won this match?

-Jericho was once again gold this week with Jimmy Snuka, I thought it was great, but still Steamboat was better, but I still think they need to bring out his opponent next week or the week after for Wrestlemania. I would really love a match with a legend and not Mickey Rourke, but who knows. I knew straight up that he was not done when he ran away, but I thought he was gonna bring out a chair or something and be more brutal, but his character is more of a professional now

-Also, I can't believe they put Kane in MITB. Has Rey ever even been in a Ladder match? Luckily Mike Knox isn't in, but still.
-To me HBK was an automatic over Kozlov and it should be a great Wrestlemania match with Undertaker.

-It's good to hear also, that Santino should be in MITB now. I mean they are letting him go to ECW for a match, I have a feeling that he will pull out the win.

-My MITB match lineup: CM Punk, Kane, Santino, Evan Bourne, Kozlov, DiBiase (Not sure on this one), MVP, Brian Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin

-HHH and Orton today were gold, to me it had Orton at his best with an interesting direction of trying to arrest HHH and HHH coming out to basically get him to face him at Wrestlemania. To me it was great because there was no HHH emotion crap and Orton has started to try to get HHH to hit him by talking about when he hit Stephanie with th RKO.

-Cena facing Hogan will be terrible to me. I am not a big fan of Hogan still doing matches, especially after seeing the highlights from HBK/Hogan from a few years ago. I guess this will be a respect match with both staying faces and Cena giving the respect to Hogan. Only good that can come out of this is if Cena after Wrestlemania gives some speech about respecting legends and it starts a feud with Jericho. Throw in a championship and it will be good.
My thought is that it will become Edge vs Show vs Cena because Edge vs Show just has no juice. However, if they stick with just Edge vs Show,that is one of the weakest title matches ever at WM. Show is a joke.

Jericho's segment was good tonight, but it was definitely the weakest so far. The reason for that is because Snuka can't talk. The other segmentshave been so effective because Flair, Piper, and Steamboat were all great on the mic. Jericho had to cut this one on his own. I do give him credit for theline, "Don't disgrace yourself" because that was great. However, it was just so obvious that Jericho would attack from behind with Snuka posinglike a moron. And that cardboard set knocking Snuka out was pretty weak.

I have no interest in the MITB right now. Kozlov will probably be the next one in.

I hate HHH, but he was GREAT last night. The best I have seen him in years. I finally got a little interested in HHH vs Orton.

I actually WANT to see big show v edge, they been slowly building up the love triangle between the three of them
sick.gif
plus I have no idea how it would turn out. Orton v HHH is gonna end up w/ HHHmaking orton look bad in the long run no matter who wins at wrestlemania.

If it is Edge vs. Show I am on not ordering WM. If Cena vs. Hogan is confirmed, smh. With the good HHH/Orton feud I was almost def going to order it.

Originally Posted by Mr Whomp Whomp

I hope The Brian Kendrick makes MITB which he probably won't
With 5 more spots and Morrison and Miz not in it I'm pretty sure he will be in it.

And I might be the only person on here that doesn't mind Big Show getting the gold at WM.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by Digger85

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

HBK/Jericho last year?
orton/trips has been better imo.
Just stop watching wrestling, please.
please.eff outta here with that garbage. to me ive enjoyed it more because its leading to the main event of wrestlemania. it aint even like theyhad their best match/matches together, that was at wm 19 5 years earlier. orton and trips are likely going to put on their best match, maybe a classic. thishas been the best leadup to a mania main event since batista powerbombed trips through a table

HBK/Jericho last year?
please.eff outta here with that garbage. to me ive enjoyed it more because its leading to the main event of wrestlemania. it aint even like they had their best match/matches together, that was at wm 19 5 years earlier. orton and trips are likely going to put on their best match, maybe a classic. this has been the best leadup to a mania main event since batista powerbombed trips through a table
imo, the leadup to hbk/cena @ wm 23 was far, far better.

MITB is done. If Kozlov is in it then they might as well scrap it. There are so many good young performers that excel in ladder matches that aren't gonnabe in it.

* Kane vs. Boogeyman
* Alicia Fox vs. Natalya
* Santino vs. Mark Henry in a Money in the Bank Qualifier
* Jack Swagger & Miz & Morrison vs. Christian & Finlay & Dreamer

I am not watching tonight's show as a protest.

HBK/Jericho last year?
please.eff outta here with that garbage. to me ive enjoyed it more because its leading to the main event of wrestlemania. it aint even like they had their best match/matches together, that was at wm 19 5 years earlier. orton and trips are likely going to put on their best match, maybe a classic. this has been the best leadup to a mania main event since batista powerbombed trips through a table
How can you say a program that has been going on for TWO WEEKS is better than the 2008 FEUD OF THE YEAR?????

laugh.gif

I wanna see Miz and Morrison form a stable with The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel. Kinda like The Kliq, but without the politics.

SmackDown Spoilers for this week (03/06):

Spoiler [+]
SmackDown: (Airing This Week)
* A contract signing between Big Show & Edge is announced for tonight. Triple H will also take on Umaga.

* The Undertaker opens SmackDown with a promo about his match against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. He says that he accepts Shawn's challenge.

* A Shawn Michaels video package is shown.

* Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy tonight with the winner getting a spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania.

* Jeff Hardy goes to Vickie's office. He said he won't fight Matt but he will qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.

* Matt Hardy comes out to the ring and cuts a promo. He talks about how Jeff won't fight him but says once they both qualify, he'll finally get his hands on him. He's drawing a lot of heel heat.

* MVP b. Matt Hardy to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania 25.
- MVP builds up a solid offense early on. Matt counters and attempts to connect with Twist of Fate. MVP reverses it to get the win via pinfall.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin is announced for tonight.

* R-Truth b. Chavo Guerrero
- Good back and forth match. R-Truth gets the win via pinfall.

* The Big Show & Edge contract signing is up next.

* Vickie starts the segment in the ring. Edge comes out without the World Heavyweight Championship belt and asks Vickie about what is going on with her and Big Show. Big Show comes out... They sign the contract. Big Show then cuts a promo saying that Edge is not a good champion and Vickie agrees. John Cena comes out and interrupts. Cena cleans house hitting Big Show with a low blow and throwing Edge into the ring post then hitting him with a table. Cena whispers something in Vickie's ear and leaves. Vickie leaves the ring in tears.

* Maryse b. Eve in a non-title match
- Michelle McCool joins Tazz & Jim Ross on commentary. Lots of boring chants started throughout the match. After the match, Melina comes out and is attacked by Michelle.

* Shelton Benjamin b. Jeff Hardy in a Money in the Bank ladder match qualifier
- Shelton gets the win after Matt Hardy comes out and hits him disqualifying Jeff.

* Triple H vs. Umaga
- Triple H starts out at a strong pace, but Umaga eventually gains control. Power shifts back and forth. According to several of our correspondents it appears as if Umaga tweaked his leg as the referee held up the "x" signal. Legacy comes out of the crowd and attacks Triple H. Randy Orton keeps teasing the punt. He stands over Triple H as this week's SmackDown goes off the air.

Sounds like it was a good episode all around...
pimp.gif

Santino FTL
smh.gif

How the hell you gonna put Mark Henry in a ladder match? No chance in hell he takes a step on to the ladder at any point during the match.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

How the hell you gonna put Mark Henry in a ladder match? No chance in hell he takes a step on to the ladder at any point during the match.
Yup
smh.gif

Shouldve been:
MVP, Benjamin, Kennedy, Punk, R Truth, Mysterio, Kingston, Evan Bourne
frown.gif

Not knowing what Kozlov and Umaga will do at Mania ftl (Lets hope not MITB)
sick.gif

I told y'all it was gonna be bad with Mark Henry winning. But the SD spoilers are making up for it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Yup
smh.gif

Shouldve been:
MVP, Benjamin, Kennedy, Punk, R Truth, Mysterio, Kingston, Evan Bourne
frown.gif

Not knowing what Kozlov and Umaga will do at Mania ftl (Lets hope not MITB)
sick.gif

They should face each other

Back
Top Bottom