Wrongful Termination ...

Has anyone here have any experience with a wrongful termination lawsuit?

Someone gets hired for a position, position is vacant but someone else gets it. Then she is giving a temp position to fill for an employee in LOA. That employee come back and now she is forced to find a spot in said amount of time, no spots open in her residential area and she is laid off without cause.

No time limit was giving initially ...

Anyways, wanted to know how hard are to win these, what are the consequences of suing a corporation both financially and employment wise.

I’m no expert, but did you sign one of those arbitration contracts? If so, you should get a copy and read it to see if you waived your right to sue.

Maybe i'm not reading it right, but i'm not sure how much leeway a temp would have in this situation. Wouldn't hurt to consult with a labor lawyer though.

Maybe i'm not reading it right, but i'm not sure how much leeway a temp would have in this situation. Wouldn't hurt to consult with a labor lawyer though.
Naw, she wasn't a temp, she was hire and because she was external she was on training. When she was hired, she was giving a location for employment. While in training the position was vacated and she wasn't called or giving the position. Then while in training another position open up and they gave her that temporary while something open up, which never happen and she was told end of the road.

No compensation, no nothing ...

Depends on what state, GA has an at will termination policy meaning your employer can terminate you whenever and for whatever reason. If a lawsuit comes about I'm sure they can lie and just make up something about it being performance based.

It'd be pretty hard for someone to prove that they were wrongfully terminated and those corporate lawyers are sharks and can easily win the case for their client. It's an uphill lengthy battle I'm sure but not impossible. So if your state has that same law then there's no point really in her pursuing it.

Depends on what state, GA has an at will termination policy meaning your employer can terminate you whenever and for whatever reason. If a lawsuit comes about I'm sure they can lie and just make up something about it being performance based.

It'd be pretty hard for someone to prove that they were wrongfully terminated and those corporate lawyers are sharks and can easily win the case for their client. It's an uphill lengthy battle I'm sure but not impossible. So if your state has that same law then there's no point really in her pursuing it.
I understand what you are saying, but even an at will employer needs to have cause to fire. Maybe I'm wrong ... I mean they can make up lies, but there should be a paper trail.

Even if the reason is they don't feel she's the right fit, there was no probation period, she was never giving a bad review and she actually received a raised and praises from her direct supervisor.

Let's say she sues, and she's not successful what are the consequences.

No consequence really other than not working for that company or affiliates again, but that would probably be an agreement if she won anyways.

Pretty much hard to sue for termination unless you can prove discrimination.

Has anyone here have any experience with a wrongful termination lawsuit?

Someone gets hired for a position, position is vacant but someone else gets it. Then she is giving a temp position to fill for an employee in LOA. That employee come back and now she is forced to find a spot in said amount of time, no spots open in her residential area and she is laid off without cause.

No time limit was giving initially ...

Anyways, wanted to know how hard are to win these, what are the consequences of suing a corporation both financially and employment wise.

Like already mentioned, it depends on which state you're in. Your best bet is to research your state laws and also review any wrongful termination cases in your state. If you put enough effort into it, you'll find out a lot of helpful information that I doubt NT will give you.

Like already mentioned, it depends on which state you're in. Your best bet is to research your state laws and also review any wrongful termination cases in your state. If you put enough effort into it, you'll find out a lot of helpful information that I doubt NT will give you.
I'm asking for someone I know. When I heard her talking, It sounded like she had a case.

People always said why you asking NT, but there is a diverse crow in here and I also spend time here, so why not make conversation?

Not sure I'm seeing a wrongful termination there. Maybe I read it wrong.

Anyways I've went through a wrongful termination case in small claims court once. Won, and was paid out over X amount of time. The money was nice, but the bird to their face after winning was even better haha.

People always said why you asking NT, but there is a diverse crow in here and I also spend time here, so why not make conversation?

People? There's nothing wrong with making conversation, however the rules vary from state to state and for this particular subject NT probably isn't the best place to get a solid answer.

People? There's nothing wrong with making conversation, however the rules vary from state to state and for this particular subject NT probably isn't the best place to get a solid answer.
Again, I understand what youbarevsaying about professional help. However, how do you know who and who's not qualify? Maybe someone like above where I'm the same situation or had success.

Is just a question ....

I honestly wouldn't even bother and just keep it moving. Pretty sure they can fire anybody for no reason at all like it was said above ^...

I honestly wouldn't even bother and just keep it moving. Pretty sure they can fire anybody for no reason at all like it was said above ^...
Perhaps, but if that was the case. There wouldn't be any wrongful termination lawsuits.

If a company has case to fire, I understand there's not case. But without cause, there has to be more than just a goodbye. No HR paperwork, no nothing.

Back
Top Bottom