WWF of WCW? Vol: The 90s

i was put on game with WCW as a youngster then I eventually moved onto WWF. First wrestlers I remember watching in the WWF were Kane and Stone Cold.
pimp.gif

I remember staying up past my bedtime (9 pm) to watch Raw is War every monday night just to get trouble.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
those were the days.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Originally Posted by ROBPZEE612

WCW>>>WWF 96-98
WWF>>>>>>>>WCW 98-01

NWO gave WCW the edge in 96 but when Austin and The Rock got thier push it was a wrap.

WCW relied too much on the old guys and that's one reason why WCW died.

wcw and wwf on saturdays was where it was at as a kid.

the monday night stuff didn't come until the teen years which was really great, wwf had it on lock, the wcw took hold with nwo, but when that got boring after 98 it was back to wwf.

but, having competition was just great. channel flipping and both of them trying to one up each other was very entertaining. plus, the internet wasnt really popping yet so you were genuinely surprised about storylines. you could still find spoilers on certain sites, but to most people they weren't up on it yet.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

WCW/NWO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WWF

never in your life

please stop it, thanks.
Yall dudes BUGGING.

WCW 1996-1999 >>>> WWF. PERIOD. Classic stuff. Once Russo came into the picture is when the product went downhill.

WWF...It's all subjective so I won't argue. I liked the NWO era of WCW though. Just grew up and saw WWF hit its stride so could never turn my back on it.

Don't have a clue what the hell is going on now though.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

I watched WCW ONE time flipping channels trying to find Raw. It was wack as hell. Never watched WCW again. I was highly upset when the whole invasion storyline took place.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

never in your life

please stop it, thanks.
Yall dudes BUGGING.

WCW 1996-1999 >>>> WWF. PERIOD. Classic stuff. Once Russo came into the picture is when the product went downhill.

Wwf 98-03 > anything
I still remember watching Wwf for the first time..
It was summer of 99 or 98 and I remember walking into my half brothers room and asking what he was watching. I turn the tv and what I saw had me hooked. It was stone cold Steve Austin locking up triple h in the ambulance.
The attitude era in Wwf was not only stuff of legend in wrestling.terms but the feel of the late 90s.
DX then was so much cooler. Dudley bros. Jeff and Matt hardy doing flips off tall Patterson during summer slam. Rock & sock connection . Stephanie McMahon
pimp.gif
. Eddie guerrero and China. Eddie guerrero and Chris benoit's hour long fight.
smokin.gif

I got so off topic

Good times tho

98 was when WCW was at its peak. I remember going to the Great American Bash 98 at the Baltimore Arena...Benoit vs. Booker T, Jericho vs. Dean Malenko, Giant vs. Sting, Goldberg vs. Konnan. ahhh the memories.

Benoit
Guerrero
Malenko
Mysterio
Juventud Guerrera
Jericho
Saturn
Psychosis

The rest of the cruiserweight crew.

And notice I didn't name the NWO. I wasn't much of a fan of them.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

WCW got me into wrestling, I'll forever be thankful for that, but you can't tell me that they were even close to touching wwf in their prime. The nation of domination, Mankind, Stone Cold, Undertaker, HHH, the rock , man those were the days

Nobody has to tell you all you need to do is look at the 82 week winning streak in ratings that WCW beat WWF. Get out of here with that, "It wasn't close" nonsense man. 
laugh.gif

WWF

Nash and Hall were given way too much control and ruined it for me. The Only place where WCW was head and shoulders above WWF was with their cruiserweight division.

I was into wrestling HEAVY in 4th-6th grade (93-95) and I only watched wwf, I couldn't get into wcw at all. I remember being soooo pissed when they'd cancel Monday Night Raw for a stupid dog pageant
30t6p3b.gif

This is pretty simple.....
WCW's strong run ended in the late 80's.  From 90 to 96, WCW was a pretty terrible product.

WCW's height in the 90's was short lived, but it was an extreme high.  This lasted from 97-98.  When the Finger Poke of Doom happened on the January 4th, 1999 Nitro, it was all over for them.  1999-2001 WCW was some of the worst pro wrestling product you ever saw.

WWF's 80's stronghold died in 92 after WrestleMania VIII.  All of the stars of that generation were on their way out.

From 93-96, WWF was a terrible product.  Things started to turn in 97 with the emergence of Stone Cold Steve Austin, but for the most part, WWF still wasn't very good.

It wasn't until 1998, WrestleMania 14 with Mike Tyson that WWF turned the corner and officially brought in the Attitude Era.  WWF dominated from 98-2001.

Then WWF bought WCW, botched the Invasion angle to an ungodly degree, and things have never been the same.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Benoit
Guerrero
Malenko
Mysterio
Juventud Guerrera
Jericho
Saturn
Psychosis

DC is this your list to prove WCW was better or is this your list to prove ECW was best?..
laugh.gif

WCW in the mid 90's was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 but then WWF got a little more interesting. WCW started to cover the same story over and over with the NWO invading matches every time. to be honest the NWO is what killed WCW, they focused more on the older heads than the new wrestlers.

Sting should have went over on Hogan at Starcade. That year long build >>>>>>

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Negative.

The Steve Austin, Rock, Taker, DX etc generation is why pro wrestling is where it's at today.

actually, without the nWo, dx doesn't exist. dx started a full year after the nwo started.
wink.gif

Pretty much what 4w said.

I do remember watching WCW first though, cause they were on a lot more frequently than the WWF, including having
non-cable shows since I didn't have cable in the early 90's
laugh.gif
. I remember watching both until about 96/97, where I
would watch the 1st hour of Nitro (cause Nitro was 3 hours then) and then I'd flip back and forth to raw. Gradually WWF
just started getting better while WCW started to become a
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom