• Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
New Xbox One System Update Features Announced
This looks like it's going to be one big patch.
by Luke Karmali APRIL 8, 2014

Microsoft has revealed fresh features coming to Xbox One in the next planned system update for the console.

While we already knew aspects of what was coming in the patch, including highly-anticipated social improvements, Microsoft seems to be keen to cram as many new features as possible into the update.

The first update focuses on Blu-ray player supports, and will see 50Hz video output support added for content recorded at 50Hz. Naturally, the Blu-ray app will also receive an update to reflect these changes.

Other improvements include both the controller and headset adaptor firmware getting updated in a bid to reduce audio static and improve wireless connectivity.

Finally, a silent reboot function will now be available once the system updates, alongside an update on demand feature. These will allow your console to automatically update if it's in Instant On mode, with the Xbox One returning to standby upon completion. As a result, you won't need to power on your console after an update in future. You'll also be able to take future updates as they're available without waiting for the console to do it on its own, thanks to the new option in the system settings menu. It'll only show up when there's an update available, however.

There's no set release date for the update, though Microsoft has previously discussed other features it's planning to include. Yesterday, the company promised an update to the Xbox One YouTube app to improve video sharing, and external hard drive support is also meant to be on the way.

My xbox doesn't even connect to the dashboards :smh:

I can still play games but the tiles don't show up on the main hub

Was reading on Yahoo I think, that they will make it possible, or hope to (maybe its an idea) to get the 360 controller working on the one.

Would be amazing if this happened.

Was reading on Yahoo I think, that they will make it possible, or hope to (maybe its an idea) to get the 360 controller working on the one.

Yo if they are able to pull that off I'd be so freaking happy bruh...

N64 controller might have paved the way but the 360 controller >

My brother had a 360 controller lying around at his house.. I picked it up and :x :x it felt weird and small :lol:

I now do after picking up the old 360 controller :smh: deeply regret it. It used to be goat in my mind. Hope that's not how I feel about halo 2 :frown:

My brother had a 360 controller lying around at his house.. I picked it up and
sick.gif
sick.gif
it felt weird and small
laugh.gif
I actually think the X1 controller is too small and the 360 controller now feels huge
ohwell.gif

I need a good witless router. What's good enough to full bar my xbox?
x2 on this.

I'm using a super old Linksys and it has to go across the house and through a couple walls to reach my XBOX.  If anyone knows a router that will perform well in that situation that would be great

**** the 360 controller and it's ****** battery pack that disconnects every time you make the slightest movement

Back
Top Bottom