XI / 11 / ELEVEN: Need Opinions on 1995 OG Black/True Reds VS. 2001 Black/Varsity Reds

Originally Posted by aphexacid

The worst that happens is outsole unglues. Get it glued back and you're back in action.
That's my thinking too.  It's one of the more solid shoes out there.

The worst that happens is outsole unglues. Get it glued back and you're back in action.

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

Thanks for the insight.. I might invest on an OG pair too.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I just recently bought a vnds pair of OG Black & Red XI's worn only a few times and they are very durable sneakers if kept taken with moderate care. I also own the 01's and the cdp's but if you have a deal on the table to snag some OG's take that deal especially if the price differential between the two is only negligible. Do you have pics? My OG's look practically brand new...I'll post a pic later for proof.
grin.gif

Well, sounds like so far, the consensus is go OG over goin Retro...  I think they're both amazing shoes.  Anyone else that maybe owns or has tried on both that can describe the differences in fit & comfort?  Also, am I more likely to fight the OG soles feeling slick over the 01s if they have about the same amount of wear or will that not make a difference?  A co-worker of mine balled in 2 pair of OGs back in the 90s & stupidly (looking back) parted ways with both pair after they got slick on court from plenty of use.  I'm thinkin the quality is really close to the same between the two from what I'm reading and have seen.  Is there anything that anyone would consider wrong or 'off' about either pair? Something that the '01s improved upon or something that the OGs have better, etc.??

K, so here's pics of the 2001s (1/2 size bigger than the OGs) GOT ALL 3 WORKING NOW
glasses.gif
  I'll hafta post pics of the OGs later today... the pics are WAY to large in Photobucket & I can't figure out how to resize em thru NT, so I'll hafta do it on PB first before I can post. Thanks for the Comments!

%24%28KGrHqF,%21g8E1fMgqV5zBNZ-tZo4Z%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

%24%28KGrHqN,%21lkE1F5%21ZQ36BNZ-rpJ-f%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Please wait

Image not available

Please wait

Image not available

I just recently bought a vnds pair of OG Black & Red XI's worn only a few times and they are very durable sneakers if kept taken with moderate care. I also own the 01's and the cdp's but if you have a deal on the table to snag some OG's take that deal especially if the price differential between the two is only negligible. Do you have pics? My OG's look practically brand new...I'll post a pic later for proof.
grin.gif

Well, sounds like so far, the consensus is go OG over goin Retro...  I think they're both amazing shoes.  Anyone else that maybe owns or has tried on both that can describe the differences in fit & comfort?  Also, am I more likely to fight the OG soles feeling slick over the 01s if they have about the same amount of wear or will that not make a difference?  A co-worker of mine balled in 2 pair of OGs back in the 90s & stupidly (looking back) parted ways with both pair after they got slick on court from plenty of use.  I'm thinkin the quality is really close to the same between the two from what I'm reading and have seen.  Is there anything that anyone would consider wrong or 'off' about either pair? Something that the '01s improved upon or something that the OGs have better, etc.??

K, so here's pics of the 2001s (1/2 size bigger than the OGs) GOT ALL 3 WORKING NOW
glasses.gif
  I'll hafta post pics of the OGs later today... the pics are WAY to large in Photobucket & I can't figure out how to resize em thru NT, so I'll hafta do it on PB first before I can post. Thanks for the Comments!

Please wait

Image not available

Please wait

Image not available

grin.gif

glasses.gif

Please wait

Image not available

Please wait

Image not available

grin.gif

glasses.gif

Please wait

Image not available

Please wait

Image not available

OK, I'll hafta fix the pic later... I added it to PB to get around the broken link issue but for some reason my work computer won't give me the insert options on a message (like no hyperlinks, no text changes allowed, no PB, all the options are missing). That said, once I get to a PC this evening (when I got to list 2 pairs of Js on eBay B) ) I'll post up pics of the OGs (I have a lot of'em from the seller) and fix the pic to the retro in my post above.

LOVE seein all the pics of y'all's kicks! They are such SICK shoes, it just doesn't get old seein'em, like a favorite tune. Mine prolly won't be quite that DS but close to those recent pics with the wrapping paper. So much fire!

I gotta add, I have EXTREMELY narrow feet (like a B-width MAX from toes to heel) and very low volume foot so from a pure fit standpoint... OGs over Retros for me?

Thanks again & keep it pourin in!

OK, I'll hafta fix the pic later... I added it to PB to get around the broken link issue but for some reason my work computer won't give me the insert options on a message (like no hyperlinks, no text changes allowed, no PB, all the options are missing). That said, once I get to a PC this evening (when I got to list 2 pairs of Js on eBay B) ) I'll post up pics of the OGs (I have a lot of'em from the seller) and fix the pic to the retro in my post above.

LOVE seein all the pics of y'all's kicks! They are such SICK shoes, it just doesn't get old seein'em, like a favorite tune. Mine prolly won't be quite that DS but close to those recent pics with the wrapping paper. So much fire!

I gotta add, I have EXTREMELY narrow feet (like a B-width MAX from toes to heel) and very low volume foot so from a pure fit standpoint... OGs over Retros for me?

Can't see the picture. But either the Original or 2001 retro is a great shoe. They feel very similar as far as comfort goes. My Original black/red seem to have a bit more bounce than the 2001 retro.

The Original has a higher patent leather cut.

If you buy deadstock of either of these, the outsole could separate from the patent leather on the first wear. Happened to me, and some other guy on NT that made a thread about his DS Jams separating on first wear.

professional shoe repair will charge about $30 to remove all old glue and reglue. Good as new and last you another decade+

Can't see the picture. But either the Original or 2001 retro is a great shoe. They feel very similar as far as comfort goes. My Original black/red seem to have a bit more bounce than the 2001 retro.

If you buy deadstock of either of these, the outsole could separate from the patent leather on the first wear. Happened to me, and some other guy on NT that made a thread about his DS Jams separating on first wear.

professional shoe repair will charge about $30 to remove all old glue and reglue. Good as new and last you another decade+

I bought a pair of OGS about two years ago and i love them. I had the retro back in early 2000 as well but they were a little big on me so i traded them. IMO go with the OGS as they are a true classic that will hold up for a long time if taken good care of!

I bought a pair of OGS about two years ago and i love them. I had the retro back in early 2000 as well but they were a little big on me so i traded them. IMO go with the OGS as they are a true classic that will hold up for a long time if taken good care of!

I have a pair of OG bred XI, they are in great condition for thr age and holding up very well! I love the quality of these OG's. I bought them off the original owner about a year ago and since then have worn them maybe 4-5 times. I wear a size 10.5-11 and these are sz.11 and fit me perfect and are very comfortable. I have to agree with you when you say the 2001 XI look better with the black trim around the Patent leather. I do like how that black trim looks over the white.grey the OG's have. I get to thinking sometime, having my OG's in this condition is great. Sometimes I wonder how long until they start falling apart on me? So I start thinking about trading them, but then realize i would really regret it in the end. just my .2 , here's pics of mine......

I have a pair of OG bred XI, they are in great condition for thr age and holding up very well! I love the quality of these OG's. I bought them off the original owner about a year ago and since then have worn them maybe 4-5 times. I wear a size 10.5-11 and these are sz.11 and fit me perfect and are very comfortable. I have to agree with you when you say the 2001 XI look better with the black trim around the Patent leather. I do like how that black trim looks over the white.grey the OG's have. I get to thinking sometime, having my OG's in this condition is great. Sometimes I wonder how long until they start falling apart on me? So I start thinking about trading them, but then realize i would really regret it in the end. just my .2 , here's pics of mine......

Back
Top Bottom