XXII or Zoom BB

I'm 6'3" 185 and i like to play at and occasionally above the rim. I also drive before I shoot which do you guys think id like better BB's orXXII, tried both on and liked both

i didn't try XXII, but heard that XXIIs are kinda high off the ground. I did try zoom bb and they felt close to the ground.. if you liked both of them,that may be your deciding factor. I'd go with zoom BB personally

xxii!! one of the best shoes ive ever worn preformance wize.. great cusioning , best traction, awesome comfort... but the bb are a good shoe too!

What shoes have you worn in the past? The BB's don't give much arch support and they don't have any carbon fiber plate or shank. The XXII'shave that titanium coated mid shank. You don't want a basketball shoe that flexes too much. It's good to have flex but not too much. I would also haveto with the BB's though, but i'm more of a 2k4, 2k5 guy.......

I'd take BB's over XXII's, but I've only tried BB's on and I've played in XXII's.

XXII's can be awkward sometimes, I didn't like the court feel. I didn't feel like I could get really good transition while running and have strongtoe offs.

Trying the BB's on, they feel a lot closer to the ground and I felt a much better push off as opposed to the XXII.

Overall feel in the Zoom BB is better. They feel more agile, minimal, responsive and low profile.

The XX2's feel more substantial, like theres more to them, support wise and protection wise. Grip on both is amazing. It really comes down to what kind offeel you prefer.

Like Deezy said the XX2's can feel a bit awkward especially at the heel.

But both are GREAT shoes and I enjoy playing in both.

I am in the same boat as you.

I started another post and left thinking the BB was the best choice for me. But, I tried on the Black XX2s tonight at work and really thought they felt great,minus the initial awkward feeling of the heel. More thought is needed for me

The heel was a personal problem when I first purchased the XXII.
The logo in particular, I needed to wear an insert for a while to flatten it.
Now I feel great in em.

id go wit the xx2s i have both n think both r up there with the best shoes ever made
im 6 3 f like to cut n i just think the xx2 have a slight edge on the bbs in terms of ankle support (the diagonal plastic slide is great) n traction
both r well ventilated n comfortable but if $ isnt a problem definatly the jordan xx2s

i dont really own either, but i see alot more people balling in Zoom BB's
so ima have to side with this if its the majority choice.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

i dont really own either, but i see alot more people balling in Zoom BB's
so ima have to side with this if its the majority choice.

i think the fact that the jordan 22 cost alot more then the Zoom BB plays a roll in that.. but the Zoom BB are good shoes.. personally im still sticking tothe 22..

Been wondering the same thing, but I'm only 5'11, 165, and since I've seen alot of PG's in the league with the zoom bb's I'm leaningtowards them... Not saying the xx2's are a bad choice, because they're both obviously great shoes, but I've read that the zoom bb's have areally good court feel and are low to the ground, something I personally roll with, since I'm not exactly playin' above the rim.
tongue.gif

XX2's over the BB's all day no doubt.
I'm 6'5'' 220 and I'm an outside shooter that loves to drive the lane and get above the rim, and the XX2's are the best basketball shoeI've ever played in.
They take a lil getting used to due to the shape of the heel, but after a few games in them it feels natural. They have awesome traction and a lil extra onbottom to make that trip to the rim a lil shorter.
XX2's were designed to be the best performance basketball shoe to date, and they perform that way.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^^^ Yeap, I love my XXII black red. They're the best if not one of the top 3 basketball shoes of today. The cushion is responsive and firm, the ankle isnot restrictive yet give good support. The traction is insane indoor and the comfort is amazing. I can wear this for more than 4 hours and still feel good.

Back
Top Bottom