XXL's Top 30 Independent Artists in the Game

415x267xTech-Indie-XXL.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CmUZgkGQMs.jpg

Pretty interesting list. Here's the full article: http://www.xxlmag.com/features/2012...the-top-30-independent-artists-in-the-game/#1

Here's the full list in exact order:

Mac Miller

Tech N9ne

Childish Gambino

E-40

Killer Mike

Odd Future

El-P

Fat Joe

Atmosphere

Lacrae

DJ Drama

Raekwon

Kid Ink

Dom Kennedy

Chris Webby

MURS

Macklemore

Hopsin

Styles P

Danny Brown

Juvenile

Smoke DZA

Statik Selektah

Immortal Technique

Sean Price

Brother Ali

Jean Grae

DOOM

Trae Tha Truth

Lil B

Tech shoulda been #1 and I coulda swore Trae Tha Truth signed to Grand Hustle

Disgusting how hard people sleep on Skyzoo.

Bronson HAS to be on there too. Close to the top of the list at that.

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Get out of here with that. Bronson isn't even known like that. Everyone has built a little name for themselves.

Yeah I don't even know who's name you could take out for Bronson. Maybe Chris Webby but that's just cause I don't know him. He could be popular in other circles

Originally Posted by RedMan

Get out of here with that. Bronson isn't even known like that. Everyone has built a little name for themselves.

Never heard a single musical note associated with:

Atmosphere
   Lacrae

Kid Ink

Chris Webby

Macklemore

Hopsin

And how is you gonna act like Bronson is so far-fetched when Statik Selektah (who's on the list) did a whole album with him recently?

Son is laying verses with every body in the industry from Cormega and Saigon to Coke Boys, Riff Raff and Ghostface. He's out there. Reebok sponsored his last mixtape.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Never heard a single musical note associated with:

Atmosphere
   Lacrae

Kid Ink

Chris Webby

Macklemore

Hopsin

And how is you gonna act like Bronson is so far-fetched when Statik Selektah (who's on the list) did a whole album with him recently?

Son is laying verses with every body in the industry from Cormega and Saigon to Coke Boys, Riff Raff and Ghostface. He's out there. Reebok sponsored his last mixtape.
right, and you like him...and I like him.  But I guarantee all of these guys have some sort of following.
Oh Lecrae is a Christian rapper, and he kinda bodied the BET cypher last year...that being said I dont like his music...but his verse in that cypher was 
pimp.gif

I %!+@* with Bronson and think he should be on this list....

But no way could he replace Atmosphere or Kid Ink.

The problem with Hopsin and Macklemore is they were on XXL's Freshman 2012 list.

So I guess if they're independent, they felt obligated to include them on here.

Politics......will get you every time.

I feel Hopsin & Macklemore have been more successful than Bronson so far. Macklemore was everywhere, it was rare to see him not on a festival lineup. And Hopsin has a pretty strong following. I still see Bronson on the come up, his next project will probably elevate him tho

^^

I only said that because I too, have not heard any music from them and honestly not much about them.

Is it a geographic thing? Are they not hittin' in NY?

Where they from?

Mack is from Seattle. I haven't heard a song but I see his names on a lot of festivals including Rock The Bells last year and I believe Bonnaroo and Sasquatch. Hopsin mostly got famous for being a mini Tech N9NE. I think he's from LA but I could be wrong. And as far as I know I think Action has only had one show in the LA area and it wasn't even half packed. Hopefully his appearance at HARD Summer gets him more West Coast love

The straight disrespect my dude Cormega got
30t6p3b.gif

Sean Price on there though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom