Yankee fans, The Beatles once said, Come Together... A-Rod Support Thread

bkmac

Banned
Look, we know what he did was wrong. He has admitted to his mistake (may be too late, but he did what he had to do). However, we as Yankee fans need to cometogether and give A-Rod our support for the 2009 season and beyond (but let's worry about 09' for now).

It's going to be tough for Alex to put aside all of this. He'll have to deal with the steroid talk, his divorce, Madonna, etc. Hopefully he can putthat aside and have a great season.

You got my support, A-Rod
pimp.gif

I'm here for him.

I mean, his legacy is now tarnished, but I still think he deserves to be treated well by us fellow Yankee fans.

A-Rod, I'm here for ya bro.

The steroids stuff doesn't bother me at all...maybe it's just that I'm desensitized to it now?

Either way, A-Rod has my support.
pimp.gif

And just a few years ago, Giants fans were called crazy for supporting Bonds.

It really comes full circle.

Man !#! A Rod.
He just like everybody else....he lied when asked about em in 2007 and continued to lie like the rest of em. He knew he was caught ...his advisors told himright. Just admit it. Now everybody is feeling sorry for him and on his side like "he's so courageous , he's sooo honest. He isn't like theother player. We forgive you A Rod".

!#! A Rod

Originally Posted by Dr 715

And just a few years ago, Giants fans were called crazy for supporting Bonds.

It really comes full circle.
i was about to some in here and say the same thing

Not a Yankee, actually dont have a team in baseball, But im a big fan of A-Rod..and even though he let me down(i really thought he was clean) i'll stillsupport him and wish im the best for the rest of his career. Hopefully the fans in NY will recieve him well when the season comes around..

btw, im really gonna hate to see the treatment he gets when he goes through a slump
frown.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

The steroids stuff doesn't bother me at all...maybe it's just that I'm desensitized to it now?

Either way, A-Rod has my support.
pimp.gif
This. I have come to realize that pretty much everyone has done steroids. Also when I think about it, it would have been really hard not to havedone steroids in that/this era when everyone is doing it.

Please don't tell me any of you Yankee fans calling for support for A-Rod* are also ones calling for Bonds head and hoping he gets prison time. Now Idon't believe Alex ever testified so he shouldn't have any legal battles and I am glad he came out and said it was true and such (although I think itwas more than just 2001-03) but he is now in the same boat as Clemens, Bonds, McGwire, Sosa and all the other Roiders out there. I hope he doesn't make theHOF and I am sad that I was a fan of his while he was in Seattle. If the dates are true that he said he used then he really did become a douche after he leftSeattle and it wasn't just all of us Mariner fans thinking this. I still believe he was on roids in Seattle though, dude was getting huge and was a freak.

I have never booed AROD before and I wont now, he has taken the right steps. Everyone wanted to have the athlete come out and just admit guilt. He did, letsmove on to baseball season...go get em AROD

I have never booed AROD before and I wont now, he has taken the right steps. Everyone wanted to have the athlete come out and just admit guilt. He did, letsmove on to baseball season...go get em AROD

Y'all already knew I'd be in here.

I've taken a lot of heat for backing A-Rod 100% on here, and I'm not going to stop now.

He's my guy, and I have his back.

And to the Giants fans, I never called for Bonds' (huge) head.
laugh.gif

Hell, I was standing up and cheering when he hit 756 just like y'all.

You know, I'll be pretty honest.

It almost makes me teary-eyed to watch A-Rod go through this. Yes, he was wrong. But, the thing that gets me is that he's been one of my favorite playerssince I started watching baseball. It's sad how he was considered to be the savior of baseball up until Friday February 7th 2009.
February 8th, 2009, he's in the same category as Bonds, Sosa, McGuire, Palmero, Canseco, etc. He's joined the " * " Club.

Before this, he was the most hated active baseball player. Now, forget about it. He's gonna be even more hated.

The type of person A-Rod is, I don't think he can handle this, the book, and the divorce. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom