Yao Ming to Retire

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I firmly believe he would be a top 5 big man of all time if it wasn't for injury. Sucks things didn't work out in Houston.

He would of easily been a top 5 big man. Maybe even arguably 3. Its a damn shame him and T-Mac couldn't work too cuz of dumb injuries
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Now we gotta rebuild
30t6p3b.gif

I firmly believe he would be a top 5 big man of all time if it wasn't for injury. Sucks things didn't work out in Houston.

He would of easily been a top 5 big man. Maybe even arguably 3. Its a damn shame him and T-Mac couldn't work too cuz of dumb injuries
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Now we gotta rebuild
30t6p3b.gif

I swear some of you get caught up in the moment. Top 5 big man of all time? Over WHO?

Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Big Shaq
Dream

Really? Yao's career would have been better than ANY of those dudes? Trippin.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Now we gotta rebuild
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Top 3 WHAT?

I swear some of you get caught up in the moment. Top 5 big man of all time? Over WHO?

Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Big Shaq
Dream

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Now we gotta rebuild
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Top 3 WHAT?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

a shame, such a young career
this 
tired.gif

I wish dude nothing but success in his new careers ahead.  The NBA is losing one talented and classy individual

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

a shame, such a young career
this 
tired.gif

I wish dude nothing but success in his new careers ahead.  The NBA is losing one talented and classy individual

On some real $%$%, I love this dude.

From his humbleness to his dedication to China, Yao was a great dude.

I met him after a game at the Toyota Center in '05 when the Rockets got T-Mac.

I was like" Damn, you're tall. And he laughed and said in broken English,"Damn, you're small."
laugh.gif

I'll never forget that moment.
frown.gif

On some real $%$%, I love this dude.

From his humbleness to his dedication to China, Yao was a great dude.

I met him after a game at the Toyota Center in '05 when the Rockets got T-Mac.

I was like" Damn, you're tall. And he laughed and said in broken English,"Damn, you're small."
laugh.gif

I'll never forget that moment.
frown.gif

This dude TMac paying homage with all his tweets about Yao and changing his avy pic to Yao
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

@thereal_tmac

This dude TMac paying homage with all his tweets about Yao and changing his avy pic to Yao
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

@thereal_tmac

It's hard to say where he would have ranked all-time. His stint was so short-lived, but greatly appreciated.

It's hard to say where he would have ranked all-time. His stint was so short-lived, but greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

It ain't hard to say that he wouldn't be top 5. That is just crazy talk. And dude said top 3? Come on now. Lets be real here. Yao was good but he come on now.

It ain't hard to say that he wouldn't be top 5. That is just crazy talk. And dude said top 3? Come on now. Lets be real here. Yao was good but he come on now.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You're right, based on what we did see, it would be hard to say he'd be as be anywhere as good as the likes of Shaq, Hakeem, Russell, Wilt, or Kareem.

Cracking the top 10 though? Maybe near the end... With guys like The Admiral, Ewing, etc.

If he had continued his career the rate it was going, could he be mentioned with Ewing, Mikan, Moses, Reed, Lanier, Thurmond, Parish, Gilmore, etc?

That's what I'm saying, that's hard to say.

But, I don't like playing the what-if game. He was a great Center in a time where we had very few good centers. He took the reigns after Shaq started to get banged up, and now Dwight the crown.

Those are the three guys we can only really discuss since the late 90s.

You're right, based on what we did see, it would be hard to say he'd be as be anywhere as good as the likes of Shaq, Hakeem, Russell, Wilt, or Kareem.

Cracking the top 10 though? Maybe near the end... With guys like The Admiral, Ewing, etc.

If he had continued his career the rate it was going, could he be mentioned with Ewing, Mikan, Moses, Reed, Lanier, Thurmond, Parish, Gilmore, etc?

That's what I'm saying, that's hard to say.

But, I don't like playing the what-if game. He was a great Center in a time where we had very few good centers. He took the reigns after Shaq started to get banged up, and now Dwight the crown.

Those are the three guys we can only really discuss since the late 90s.

Eh, I know it is just word play but I wouldn't call him great. He was very good at his peak though.

And nobody take this as me "hating." I know it doesn't register in your minds that someone can not praise someone and not hate them.

Yea IF (I hate doing it to) he could have stayed healthy, maybe he could be in that Ewing/Dave Robinson tier, but we will never know. Sadly.

Eh, I know it is just word play but I wouldn't call him great. He was very good at his peak though.

And nobody take this as me "hating." I know it doesn't register in your minds that someone can not praise someone and not hate them.

Yea IF (I hate doing it to) he could have stayed healthy, maybe he could be in that Ewing/Dave Robinson tier, but we will never know. Sadly.

He was great in comparison to what he was compared to.

Other than Shaq and Dwight can you name me a Center better than him? Or anywhere near Yao's talent/skill level? He was more undoubtedly more skilled than Dwight.

Maybe he's not "great," in comparison to the other Centers in the past, but in comparison to who he played against night-in and night-out, he was great.

All my opinion, I guess.

He was great in comparison to what he was compared to.

Other than Shaq and Dwight can you name me a Center better than him? Or anywhere near Yao's talent/skill level? He was more undoubtedly more skilled than Dwight.

Maybe he's not "great," in comparison to the other Centers in the past, but in comparison to who he played against night-in and night-out, he was great.

All my opinion, I guess.

Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Big Shaq
Dream

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Now we gotta rebuild
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Top 3 WHAT?

top 3 asian centers.
laugh.gif

Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Big Shaq
Dream

indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Now we gotta rebuild
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Top 3 WHAT?

top 3 asian centers.
laugh.gif

Broke my heart when they said he had a season ending injury during that 22 game win streak. Sad to see him retire without winning a ring.
30t6p3b.gif
@ what injuries did to the T-Mac and Yao duo.

Broke my heart when they said he had a season ending injury during that 22 game win streak. Sad to see him retire without winning a ring.
30t6p3b.gif
@ what injuries did to the T-Mac and Yao duo.

Back
Top Bottom