Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

• Watch the Throne

• Cruel Summer

• Total voters
does anyone still listen to kanye's old albums?? I know a lot of people hate on his new stuff but i'm still listening The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation. 

To me those are classic albums, when yeezy still made feel good music not the stuff now, I still like him but it's different stuff than before.

MBDTF

I can't stand the skits and half the production on CD
LR has mad filler to me
Grad is real nice, would be my #2 on my list
808s is cool

does anyone still listen to kanye's old albums?? I know a lot of people hate on his new stuff but i'm still listening The College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation. 

To me those are classic albums, when yeezy still made feel good music not the stuff now, I still like him but it's different stuff than before.

I completely agree with you said i haven't listen to Late Registration much but i know it's pretty good i just haven't listen to it much. I actually like Watch The Throne though but other than that i haven't been feeling his new stuff like that, I like certain tracks from MDBTF but as a whole it was sub-par to me.

CD, LR and Graduation were great...everything after is trash. Kanye started caring more about trying to set trends instead of making good music. 

CD, LR and Graduation were great...everything after is trash. Kanye started caring more about trying to set trends instead of making good music. 

I agree to a certain extent but I also feel like he was to be more creative not saying that it worked.

Might be in my top 3 albums I've heard.  This was a monumental period of my life, and I'll always go back to good times listening to this front to back. 

While it didn't have the commercial appeal that his other albums have had, Later Registration is his magnum opus and it's not even close. Graduation used to be my **** but outside of flashing lights it really hasn't aged well to me.

Late Regristration is his best album lyrically and sonically . . . Graduation had the most impact culturally . . . 808s is his best production . . .

MBDTF was ruined for me because I listened to the leaks and GOOD Fridays and stuff so there were only two or three new songs for me on that album smh always hated that

Watch The Throne was very good but idk . . . maybe I'll appreciate it more down the road

Cruel Summer was a decent album . . . but was NOT good by Kanye album standards

College Dropout is a classic but LR is a better College Dropout in every way, if that makes sense

Like I said, Grad had the most cultural impact . . . it's clear the shift the rap sound took after that and 808s

And 808s hands down some of Kanye's best production . . .

Late Regristration is his best album lyrically and sonically . . . Graduation had the most impact culturally . . . 808s is his best production . . .​

MBDTF was ruined for me because I listened to the leaks and GOOD Fridays and stuff so there were only two or three new songs for me on that album smh always hated that​

Watch The Throne was very good but idk . . . maybe I'll appreciate it more down the road​

Cruel Summer was a decent album . . . but was NOT good by Kanye album standards​

College Dropout is a classic but LR is a better College Dropout in every way, if that makes sense​

Like I said, Grad had the most cultural impact . . . it's clear the shift the rap sound took after that and 808s​

And 808s hands down some of Kanye's best production . . .​

Production wise 808s is his best work

As I say in most of these threads that are created, MBDTF stands alone. College Dropout is one of my favorite albums ever but MBDTF was on another level good. The production was perfection and probably won't be matched in a long time. Devil in a New Dress and So Appalled are instant hip-hop classics.

Might be in my top 3 albums I've heard.  This was a monumental period of my life, and I'll always go back to good times listening to this front to back. 
Quoted for truth.

As I say in most of these threads that are created, MBDTF stands alone. College Dropout is one of my favorite albums ever but MBDTF was on another level good. The production was perfection and probably won't be matched in a long time. Devil in a New Dress and So Appalled are instant hip-hop classics.

"Devil & A New Dress" & "So Appalled" define Hip-Hop to me. Quoted for truth.

LR is his best work IMO because it has a little of everything. Yeezys one of a few artists who has multiple albums that can easily be described as his best. :smokin

CD is his best album imo with LR a close 2nd. I still play all his albums though... They never get old :smokin

What I always like coming into these threads for Ye is that everyone always has different answers... Just goes to show how deep his catalog is :pimp:

My Vote: 808's.

College Dropout: 7/10
Late Registration: 9.5/10
Graduation: 8/10
808's & Heartbreak: 10/10
MDBTF: 9/10
WTT: 8/10
Cruel Summer: 5/10

808's came out during a special time in my life (just moved to Italy) so I have so many memories and such attached to it. It's obviously not him at his lyrical best or any of that, just a special album to me. :smokin

i know its a good album (808s and heartbreak) but I think he stepped away lyrically and focused more on the beats, which is cool but i feel if he could of combined both it could of been an even better album.

Kanye's discography >>>>

College Dropout 8/10 - still one of my favorite debuts. I rarely listen to it now, but still timeless to me.

Late Registration - 8.5/10 - Released the day I moved into my dorm freshman year, many memories with this album.

Graduation - 9/10 - For the longest had a hard time playing because of the time I was going through when it released, but that album is front to back great to me.

808s - 8.5/10 - Best break up album ever made.

MBDTF - 10/10 - Even with Good Fridays, I still love this album as a whole. The production is too damn good. Seeing Dadk Fantasy, gorgeous, and hell of a life performed live >>>

WTT - 9.5/10 - when this came out, I was loving life and having the best summer ever. So many good memories. The WTT tour too of course....

If MDBTF had even half of the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks, it would not only be his best album but maybe the best hip-hop album of all time.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom