Yellowing XI white mesh!?!? (how does this happen)

Ive seen it happen to XI's before but how does this happen to a Deadstock pair. I just copped a pair of white/red XI lows and im trying to prevent this from occuring....

Ok i see what your saying, I have a deadstock pair i just bought 3 days ago and they have icy white mesh. Im really trying to prevent this yellowing on the mesh from occuring. Ill show you what mine look like.

Baby Jumpman, Mine havent yellowed at all, I was wondering how does this happen? Is it from the paper in the box? I posted a pic of mine above with the red laces and they are fresh...im just trying to keep it from happening you feel me?

Idk, but could be temperature related. Like maybe it was keep in a warm place?

I heard that keeping them stored in a cool, dry place slows the yellowing process.

But it can't stop it forever.

LOL @ the "generic" responses. This happens to DS XIs alot...it is the foam padding underneath...happens when people try and clean them. Just happened to my 00 Concords. I freaked out at first and did all the typical "white mesh cleaning" solutions. Its all good though.
pimp.gif

p.s...not too found of that lace job...looks "extra".
grin.gif
 But too each his own.

yup. its the foam underneath the mesh. the color just changes over time on the 2000s. Have 2 pairs sitting in closet, both are off-white mesh now. the new XIs 2011 concords have a bluish hue to the mesh. hopefully they wont yellow. but might turn blue!!

That's what I hate about Jordans, all the yellowing. They should have material that looks icy ont the soles but won't yellow

word, appreciate all the info, guess i jus gotta wait it out cuz they good for now, and MJ All Day45...trust me i didnt like the way the laces were either, that is the pic of when i first purchased them, they were already on there like that haha but i took them off quick...see,

Originally Posted by yelloo

That's what I hate about Jordans, all the yellowing. They should have material that looks icy ont the soles but won't yellow

Clearly a newb.
eyes.gif
 He's talking about uppers...study...learn a little before speaking. I watch Niketalk for 6 years before I joined...

I think the yellow is just an age factor. Not exactly sure how it happens but it happened to all of my OGs

Temperature would definitely be a factor in the yellowing process. Also, humidity.

Watched a vid on youtbe that tried to defer dudes from using "bar keepers friend", said it took away from the sheen of the mesh and made it look pastey...dont know how true that is

If they made materials that didnt yellow over time what good would that do for jordan.? Guys wouldnt have to buy jordans ever again

Back
Top Bottom