Yet another "Thinkin bout movin to the A" thread vol. SE forum is pushin up daisies

What's goodie NT fam. Yall already know what it is w/ the this thread. Me and the misses graduate in May of next year and we looking into movin to Atl. Wechecked out a site for neighborhoods but I wanted to get a personal opinion from yall. Where should we look to move??? It's goin to be us and ourdaughter. From what the site I looked on said, the West End isn't too bad, and they have a good school over there. I think they said it's near Clarkand a few other HBC's but I don't know. I'm looking to enroll in GSU law after a yr of residency (in-state tution FTW). I would like to stay inFulton county near the city with decent rent prices/ neighborhood safety. Would could yall recommend?

C/N's:
  1. Moving to the A in a lil over a yr
  2. Me, the misses, and the lil one
  3. Take on West End (cost of living, safety, schools)
  4. if #3 no bueno, where at? (preferably Fulton county)

lol DONT MOVE TO THE WESTEND OR FULTON COUNTY IF YOU LOOKING FOR A HOUSE OR IS LOOKING TO GET ROBBED?

I WLL HELP YOU WITH YOUR MOVE ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU LIKE. THE SCHOOLS ARE CRAP. YOU MIGHT WANT TO SEND YOUR SON TO A PIRVATE SCHOOL. THATS WHAT I WILL DOONCE I HAVE A CHILD.

BUT I CAN GUIDE YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION JUST LET ME KNOW YOUR RACE AND CURRENT HOOD STATUS GOOD OR BAD

If looking at Fulton county, try North Springs (depending on how much you got to spend of a house). The Fulton County portion of Riverdale is good also.

Originally Posted by iBlink

If looking at Fulton county, try North Springs (depending on how much you got to spend of a house). The Fulton County portion of Riverdale is good also.

Riverdale
roll.gif

are you trying to get this man hurt.

NorthSprings look good tho

Aight so what's a good area for me, my girl and DAUGHTER? We lookin to rent first until we get situated and financially stable enough to buy a house. Iaint tryna move too far from the city b/c I'm pretty certain that's where I'll be workin, at least, that's the goal. And I know that the MARTAwill be a good commute. We aint gon have much change so we lookin at something decent rental wise 2+ brs no more than I guess $700/mo

Oh and my race is Black (obviously from the avy
laugh.gif
) And I really don't mind the hood. I just keep to myself but will protect my family at all costs. GAhonors PA gun permits
wink.gif

Idk what dude is
roll.gif
about, because riverdale is a pretty decent place forthe money. I lived in lake of the woods apartments for like 2 months last year. Just a lil noise from time to time... I'm movin back down either december,or january but I'm movin with my people over on the southside and going to school in Duluth (atl institute of music)

Originally Posted by FrankDolla

Idk what dude is
roll.gif
about, because riverdale is a pretty decent place for the money. I lived in lake of the woods apartments for like 2 months last year. Just a lil noise from time to time... I'm movin back down either december, or january but I'm movin with my people over on the southside and going to school in Duluth (atl institute of music)
That's wassup man, get that education. I like to see ppl strivin for excellence instead of sittin around complainin about everything. What's riverdale like? I aint tryan be in no real hood areas where the ppl want nothin out of life, that just sickens me. I aint tryna sound on some uppityn'gro type steez I just want my daughter to see her surroundings and know that there is better though she's bein taught that right now. Yall understandwhat I'm tryna get at?

I hear ya. your best bet would def be to try outlying areas. My aunt lives in forest park, ga (clayton county) and i noticed it was a real laid back type areaonly problem is the cops, u gotta drive like 5 under the speed limit at all times.
laugh.gif
but
mad.gif

Aight, so I'll check out Clayton county, where else? I need something where the MARTA don't take forever to get to the city since I'll be relyin onthat until we get 2 cars. Google Maps talkin an hr plus for Forest Park and Riverdale
eek.gif

You got a kid.....don't move to the westend too many junkies and too much @%$! happens over there, I'm from Eastpoint....your best bet is college parkor union city man...union city is cheap and it's safe....I know you want something close to downtown, but with that budget you will be staying close to thehood

Originally Posted by sterrett02

Riverdale
roll.gif

Qft!!!! You must not know about the gang activity in riverdale and that all the drugdealers are moving over there

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Aight, so I'll check out Clayton county, where else? I need something where the MARTA don't take forever to get to the city since I'll be relyin on that until we get 2 cars. Google Maps talkin an hr plus for Forest Park and Riverdale
eek.gif

It does man hell and marta does not run in all parts over there, forest park and some parts of riverdale have the c tran, which you will have to get a transferand get on marta then the train

Aight, coo, this is exactly why I rocks w/ NT. Unbiased opinions, not no generic websites tellin me all the good but not the bad about areas. So would it besafe to assume that stayin in Fulton county bout on the outskirts is a good move for the price I'm looking for?

Lithonia bruh its not the best but its a more wholesome city on the eastside the school systems are decent and the crime isnt bad

Other parts to check for are Smyrna, Kennesaw or Buckhead theyre good for raising kids I mean if it was just you and your girl i would suggest moving close tothe city but it less influences the further out you go

Originally Posted by Jay2345

Originally Posted by sterrett02

Riverdale
roll.gif

Qft!!!! You must not know about the gang activity in riverdale and that all the drugdealers are moving over there
HITTTTTTTTSSSSSQQQQUAD

Yo, so I narrowed it down to Marietta, Smyrna, and Mableton. Which area would be better? I just peeped that Cobb County has a partnership w/ MARTA so Idon't need to live in Fulton County now.
laugh.gif

Which would yall ATLien NTers suggest?

Aight, I'll look more into Marietta. Why that over everywhere else in Cobb County? And What areas in Gwinnett. I heard that I should either move to Cobb orGwinnett County but nobody gave me any areas to consider in Gwinnett

DO NOT MOVE TO WEST END!!! Anything close to the AUC is not what you want as far as safety for a family. It's cool if you a college kid but not for a wifeand kiddie. I would say your best bet would be East Atlanta or Gwinett for the school system. Gwinett is a ways from GSU though so I don't know. Ipersonally wanna move to the East Atlanta area. It's the perfect juxtaposition of white and black folks. The white folks bring security and the hood isclose enough by that you will feel comfortable. Plus, you can find a good school around there. Also check out N. DeKalb area. Only thing about that is it'smostly white. But good schools though. You can hit me up with other questions too.

Originally Posted by IwearJs

DO NOT MOVE TO WEST END!!! Anything close to the AUC is not what you want as far as safety for a family. It's cool if you a college kid but not for a wife and kiddie. I would say your best bet would be East Atlanta or Gwinett for the school system. Gwinett is a ways from GSU though so I don't know. I personally wanna move to the East Atlanta area. It's the perfect juxtaposition of white and black folks. The white folks bring security and the hood is close enough by that you will feel comfortable. Plus, you can find a good school around there. Also check out N. DeKalb area. Only thing about that is it's mostly white. But good schools though. You can hit me up with other questions too.
Aight, coo, I'm on that too. I def appreciate all the help.

Think again
roll.gif

Cobb County would be a nice bet..my sisters stay out there over on South Cobb..probably 20 min from the city..A lot of students live out that way..quiet and agood place to raise a child i'd think.

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Think again
roll.gif
Aight, we established the West End was bad. If u gon post, post some info

Back
Top Bottom