YG vs Mustard vol. Lol

Doesn't the label compensate producers for albums? Sucks that brother can't come together & get money, especially ones who came from nothing

My Brazy Life was one of the best albums of the year
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Mustard seem like a corny cat though.

YG girl ******** on him on IG too. Damn, this is looking bad for YG. That little EP he released a few weeks ago was awful too.
Nah.

Seems like an obvious publicity stunt.

I don't think so. YGs album sold well and Mustard is all over the radio.

It's weak though. Mustard shouldn't put that **** out there. He seems like a soft *** telling type cat in all the interviews I've seen.

I don't know who YG or Dj Mustard is ....
I think Mustard had an old Max B track that I liked years ago.

Who is pictured with the girl on page 1 is that YG or Musty?

Damn u must not go out n enjoy the nightlife much. Obviously I don't listen to the radio which is understandable.

nah b. YG's album was good to a lot of people but it flopped. There will be no royalty check. What Def Jam invested wasn't recouped therefore he's in the red with them.

Naw, it did what most albums do these days. Didn't sell a lot as a unit, but had a hit song. My Hitta got a bunch of spins and allowed him to tour all over the country.

Naw, it did what most albums do these days. Didn't sell a lot as a unit, but had a hit song. My Hitta got a bunch of spins and allowed him to tour all over the country.
but royalties come from record sales. He made some publishing money because he had a hit record. From what I understand this started with YG instagraming about not making money off of his album. you can't put out an album that sells 200k and expect to getta royalty check. I think dude needs to read music business 101. lol

but royalties come from record sales. He made some publishing money because he had a hit record. From what I understand this started with YG instagraming about not making money off of his album. you can't put out an album that sells 200k and expect to getta royalty check. I think dude needs to read music business 101. lol

It's all how the worked out their arrangement.

Did he sign off on those beats for so much a song for the album, or did he ask for a percentage? Labels don't pay the artist until down the line, if they pay them at all, so YG might not have even seen a cent from it beyond his advance. That's not YG's responsibility unless they arranged something themselves.

The **** is silly to me. I thought they were boys. They both helped each other out. You think The Neptunes were charging Nore their normal price? You're supposed to charge them the homey price, and charge others the business price.

And doing this over social media. :smh:

This is what your managers and lawyers are for.

It's all how the worked out their arrangement.

Did he sign off on those beats for so much a song for the album, or did he ask for a percentage? Labels don't pay the artist until down the line, if they pay them at all, so YG might not have even seen a cent from it beyond his advance. That's not YG's responsibility unless they arranged something themselves.

The **** is silly to me. I thought they were boys. They both helped each other out. You think The Neptunes were charging Nore their normal price? You're supposed to charge them the homey price, and charge others the business price.

And doing this over social media. :smh:

This is what your managers and lawyers are for.
True ****

What does this have to do with mustard getting paid for producing the album, hes not signed to def jam like yg

Hahahaha Hahahaha I thought I was the only one that called YG's debut "My Brazy Life" :lol:

+

Money really is the root of all evil :smh: . I got my money on Mustard in a fair one between YG 400 & him...

Ironic thing is, Mustard was countin' money in YG's latest video for "2015 Flow". :lol:

I don't know how it's considered a flop. In a time that albums don't sell anymore, they expected a random CA rapper with a hit single to have a gold album? Mad cats put out an album with one hit single and sell half of what YG sold. YG's album is at right under 200K. "My Hitta" is a platinum single and I think "Who Do You Love" was a gold single or could be short of gold. So I don't know what the label was expecting but they would be fools to expect YG's album to sell crazy units. Especially when this album had like 8 pushbacks over a 2-3 year span. Plus, Def Jam just put out his EP/Movie two weeks ago.

Mustard a fool for complaining on social media. He also said they both kind of started off with each other, YG wasn't really charged for those beats and YG the voice saying "Mustard on the beat h**" Not sure how you gonna come at someone you started with like that :smh:

Back
Top Bottom