YO! Chic I went to school w/, killed a lady...

YO! I went to school with this crazy broad, Linda...
[h1]'Suicide pact gone awry' leaves woman dead[/h1] [h2]2 others wounded in botched attempt; pistol test-fired in backyard[/h2]

[h3]MONROE --[/h3]A woman was shot to death Wednesday and two others wounded in what the police chief called a "suicide pact gone awry."
A 911 call was placed around 4:30 p.m. from inside a home on Oglethorpe Lane, in the Savannah Way subdivision off Fowler Secrest Road, said Monroe Police Chief Debra Duncan.

Duncan, the first law enforcement official to arrive, said Deborah McCord Gibson, 45, was found dead in a bedroom.

Gibson's daughter, 23-year-old Jennifer McCord, was found inside the garage with a gunshot wound.

Jennifer McCord and Linda Maples, 26, who also was found shot, were taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Union in Monroe, where they were listed in good condition.

Maples' relationship to the other two was not clear, but a relative told police she was close to the family.

Duncan said one of the survivors described the shooting as a suicide pact.

According to a Monroe Police Department news release, the three had planned earlier in the day to commit suicide. Police said the women test-fired a pistol in the backyard before going through with their plan.

But police believe the women couldn't bring themselves to commit suicide and agreed to shoot each other instead.

One pistol was used, and no one shot herself, Duncan said.

"It's always when you think you've seen it all, then something like this happens," Duncan told Observer news partner WCNC-TV. "This was a suicide pact gone awry. Everybody shot somebody."

Duncan, who said she was first at the scene because she happened to be in the area, said no other people were at the house when she arrived.

Savannah Way is a relatively new subdivision on the west side of Monroe, north of U.S. 74. County records show 111 houses valued between $245,000 and $397,000.

Police were not searching for anyone else in connection with the incident.

Officers have responded to the house on several occasions regarding domestic violence between Gibson and her husband, according to the news release. The husband was not living at the house at the time of the shooting.

Police also said that Gibson, McCord and Maples were under investigation for fraudulent prescriptions. An investigation into the shooting is ongoing and police said charges are pending against McCord and Maples.

http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/554542.html

I been knowing her since like the third grade. Went to the same middle school, too. She was a little different even then but not "don't drink theKool-Aid" different. I mean, she played ball with the boys (which lead me to believe her and ol' girl are together) and didn't really cause noharm. I'd like to add that the mother and daughter were/are white women. DF!!!

smh.gif

That's a shame. They must have all been mentally ill.

This is rare to see though, usually people commit suicide by themselves.

I've never heard of people banning together and agreeing to kill each other..

Originally Posted by AJChick23

ever heard of the Heaven's Gate Cult?

not that uncommon, they have webforums for people to meet and kill themselves together. a lot in japan

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

ever heard of the Heaven's Gate Cult?

I just looked it up...that's crazy! In 97 I was 8 years old though.

Still I don't know how I never heard about it before...

Either way I'm not surprised that people do this out there..

I was just saying that I've never (or can't recall) hearing something similar on the news.

Damn...everyone in that situation had to be going through something for it to come to that. "Everyone shot someone."..wonder if people will becharged in the womans death since it is technically murder..I'd also like to know how in the sam hell that convo came about.."hey I've beenfeeling kinda down." And then they all head to the backyard to test the gun..that's sad no one was well enough to get them help...hope the situationwork sout.

Wait so if they only had pistol, 1 person would off another person, leaving 2. Then 1 of the remaining 2 would off the other one. Who's going to kill theremaining person?

YO! ^ Yeah, the plan sounds off... completely. Unless it was actually an elaborate plan by Linda and the daughter to kill the mother and disguise it as a"suicide pact." But ol girl was never too bright and the 911 call doesn't support that theory either. Some wild %@!*... DF!!!

Back
Top Bottom