Yo, I dont wanna hear ANYMORE about Cal

Because yall are trash but we all knew that
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i swear this team is soooooo overrated for the past couple years....

who agrees?

We HAVE the talent to be a top 10 BCS team. The problem is, our team's defense is too crappy with the bend-don't-break BS, but more importantly,we've lost a lot of close games this year. Kevin Riley's miscue I can accept, but we've had 3 losses that could easily be pinned on Longshorebecause of his 4th quarter crapitude (TWO 4th qtr ints against ASU, the INT against USC, the pick six at UCLA), and the last loss to UW was inexcusable, justturnovers and stuff.

On paper? A Top 10 team. But that doesn't matter because our program's killer instinct isn't there. We CAN be an elite football program but it justhasn't happened.

We can EASILY be a one or two loss team right now. We haven't really been blown out this year, all our losses have been close and could have easily turnedour way if we caught the lucky breaks and/or Longshore couldn't make such poor decisions (maybe Tedford shoulda stayed with Riley if Longshore wasn'tfully 100%, because at UW Nate looked a lot better-perhaps he's actually healthy now). But the biggest problem is of course that the Gol_en Bears lack aconsistent defense.

For this team to make it to the Rose Bowl in the near future, the defense MUST improve; if there's any good d-coordinators available we have to get them.Gregory needs to go.
And offensively, I wanna see more consistency...

laugh.gif
random. Its just crazy to me how fast they fell off. Its crazy to see a team just turn that bad that fast.

*Cam'ron* S's Disguisting, B.

But yeah Acid hit the points. the defense is horrible with no playmakers and Longshore has made some atrocious decisions in crunchtime situations (see UCLAgame)

i mean, regardless of who he is, it doesnt discredit the sentiment.

Every August this board is filled with Cal fans swearing THIS is the year they beat USC, THIS is the year they win the Pac-10, and that THIS is the year theyfinally contend for a national champ. And every December it's the same deal, a long-winded series of excuses. Pinning losses squarely on the shoulders ofLongshore is ridiculous. Yeah he's not great, but he also isn't the only problem with the team. They're a collective bunch of underachievers.

Hell, if it wasn't for an unfortunate Oregon fumble, you guys wouldn't even be bowl-eligible right now.

^I think you don't watch our games other than maybe the big ones like Cal-Tenn and Cal-Oregon, and you're looking at box scores. We should NOT have 5losses right now. Of course I acknowledge the defense is a bigger weakness, but if your QB is in position to win a game for you in 3 games and he screws up all3 chances that's not a good look. Granted it's better than having Miami's QB(the one other than Wright..can't remember his name) of course, butif we are to make the next step we need a QB that can rise up to the occasion, and Longshore hasn't proven he can. This team could EASILY be a 9-2 or even10-1 team right now with some unfortunate breaks goin our way. We haven't been blown out this season even by the other good Pac-10 teams like ASU and USCand that's saying something. You're saying Longshore isn't that bad blah blah blah, but if you were a Cal fan you would be saying the same things.I think it may be because he's injured and Tedford rushed him back in but in any case QBs make their paychecks in the 4th quarter, and Longshore has beenvery unsuccessful in the 4th.

And I think you're exaggerating Cal's fanbase a lot here. There really aren't many at all on NT so i have no idea where u get that idea from-otherthan me, burn916,samshox, whutizit, purplehazze and a few others. and there's not that many hardcore cal fans here...

And every December it's the same deal, a long-winded series of excuses.
*****, there are very legit reasons why we haven't made the next "step" and they are not "excuses". last year, we had achance but obviously failed at Tennessee and couldn't beat USC, we had Ayoob a couple years back (could give Reggie Ball a run for his money), and a coupleyears ago we got robbed by Texas of going to the Rose Bowl only because we didn't beat up Southern Miss by enough points in a late november game witheveryone watching. it's not excuses, it's more legit reasons why we haven't done anything. i think this year our weaknesses were exposed and wejust need to re-group and change the defensive philosophy.

^ Over the past few years (maybe not so much this year, but I've been on NT since 2000 so I've seen this a lot) EVERY offseason the Cal fans come out.Even when it's just 10 of you, it's still the same drill. And by November every year there are only 3 of you hanging around swearing it was anunfortunate season and with an interception here, a penalty avoided there, it'd be a completely different story.

No, it wouldn't be. You guys may have had some unfortunate breaks, but you got you share of lucky ones over the course of the season too. Again, the Oregonfumble?! And no, if I went to Cal I wouldn't place blame solely on Nate's shoulders. Everyone is so quick to blame Longshore for mishandling the clockin the 4th quarter, but what about the rest of the team? The defense being unable to keep opponents out of the endzone the rest of the game? Desean Jackson,the alleged best WR in the country, disappearing in games (though I guess people will say this was partly his QBs fault too)?

Come on man...

Again, I don't think you really watch our games that much...Desean really opens up opportunities for Lavelle HAwkins and Robert Jordan; Lavelle has reallyhad a great season. And he really is important to our team even if he may have a sub-50 yard receiving game...last week against UW he got hurt and we reallymissed his presence cuz all our other WRs were dropping balls; we really could have used him out there. it's not all longshores fault, and i'm notputting it all on his shoulders, but even i was calling him out before the season started about how he didn't have a killer instinct and how i cringeeverytime he throws a ball that it might be an INT. i hope someone can back me up, but i've NEVER been sold on longshore since day 1. again, the defense isprobably a bigger problem and i can acknowledge that.

different year same ol cal team. hype coming into the year get a big win early in the season and then loses to a team they have no bussiness losing to andthen, after that lose the team just pretty much lays down for the rest of the season which is a joke. then only hope for cal fans is "we will beatUSC". does Longshore play great all the time?? no but is he the MAIN problem why you guys lose?? no you cal fans put the whole blame on him for keyINT's late in the game when thoses games should never have been close to began with if your defense had any talent what so ever. them 5 foot nothing WRthat dont go in traffic doesnt help the cause also

and cal fans still bringing back when they was "robbed" by texas, texas went out and prove they belonged in that bowl game where cal just laid downlike a dead dog and got beat down by Texas Tech

and cal doesnt have 10 ten BCS talent

acidicality yourreally the only cal fan that post about them now, start off the season in that tennesse thread there was a *%*! load of yall just like most years then after acouple of loses most of them go MIA

So does one need to constantly post about Cal football in order to prove something? I watch their games, I root for them, and I was exciting at the beginningof the season. But you guys are crazy to think that I'll be on NT on a daily basis making my obligatory Cal posts. All this hype came about during theFresh-Galen days and un-bias NTers took their sides. You're either pro or anti Cal.

Asking Cal fans why this team hits a wall each and every year is pointless. We don't know. We have no idea but I for one am sick of it. Will I be excitingabout next season? Absolutely, because that's what being a fan is all about. If you're not optomisitic, you're probably on this message boardtrolling and being a prick. Like the thread starter ....

^^^

i agree with 715 and acid Cal's run D was just terrible and i have stated before that Longshore have not been sold on Longshore for the last 2 years.Offensively Cal has top 10 BCS talent but since the Oregon game have really underachieved IMO. Cal's big questions this season was there D because theylost Hughs, Mebane, Bishop who were their most talented and experienced on the D.

I'm also sick of why they stumble in the middle of the year talk. If your real fan of any team you don't jump ship when things are bad. At least someof us still give a crap about our team. I know there going to lose a lot of offensive talent this year but i will still be rooting for them at the start ofnext year. ACID if you can pm me that sig.

I knew they were overrated but I definitely did not expect them to do this terrible. Seems like they just have given up after the loss to Oregon St.

Seems like they just have given up after the loss to Oregon St.

No, they gave up after the loss to UCLA. They were still in the hunt for the BCS National Title after Oregon St.

As for their run defense, it's atrocious. As someone pointed out earlier they really miss Mebane and Bishop. Mebane drew constant double teams and thathelped the other D-Linemen. And Bishop? That's my boy, grew up on the same street. That guy just has a nose for the ball. He really hid the fact thattheir run defense sucks. Everytime a back got past the D-Line Desmond was right there to stop him. Dude just has a nose for the ball and attacks. Wedon't have those guys this year. I think Worrell Williams can be that type of player but the bend don't break philosophy really hinders the defensivetalent. If Gregory is fired and a new DC is brought in, I hope they blitz the hell out of whoever the QB is.

Oh yeah, my boy Devin Bishop redshirting this year, hopefully he shows that same instinct Desmond has. I'm pulling for him.

yeah but that was just for the tie. for all we know cal still wouldve won that game. THAT i will give cal but they still overrated

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Seems like they just have given up after the loss to Oregon St.

No, they gave up after the loss to UCLA. They were still in the hunt for the BCS National Title after Oregon St.

True forgot about that game right after. I think that loss to UCLA surprised me more than the Oregon St. game.

Back
Top Bottom