Yo. Is this 42'' Panasonic Plasma good for Gaming ?

Panasonic Plasma 42 inches. Model TC-P42U2. Best Buy have it for only $680 and i have a $150 gift card.  Anyone here have this TV ? Is it good for gaming and watching sports ? As far as i know Plasma is better than LCD for sport but im not sure about game. I play COD and 2k10 a lot btw. Thanks

Panasonic Plasma 42 inches. Model TC-P42U2. Best Buy have it for only $680 and i have a $150 gift card.  Anyone here have this TV ? Is it good for gaming and watching sports ? As far as i know Plasma is better than LCD for sport but im not sure about game. I play COD and 2k10 a lot btw. Thanks

Monitors >>>>> 

http://us.acer.com/acer/product.do?...8e.c2att101=-1&CRC=2759084358#wrAjaxHistory=0

or any Viewsonic monitor will do the job, I have one
pimp.gif
. But if a TV is what you're looking for then go for it

Id go with something closer to a 30". I've played COD on a 48" and it looks way better on a smaller screen, but if big screens ur thing then do it.

Id go with something closer to a 30". I've played COD on a 48" and it looks way better on a smaller screen, but if big screens ur thing then do it.

I play on a 50" Panasonic G10 (last years model) and I'm happy with the way it looks...no burn in what so ever, no lag...if you're looking into plasmas, Panny makes the best now that Pioneer is out of the market.  

I play on a 50" Panasonic G10 (last years model) and I'm happy with the way it looks...no burn in what so ever, no lag...if you're looking into plasmas, Panny makes the best now that Pioneer is out of the market.  

Originally Posted by StonedFace

How so ?

How so ?

LED>LCD>Plasma

Plasmas aren't built for gaming with potential burn-in happening..We used to have a Plasma & it was rather problematic in a minimal amount of time. I have a Toshiba LCD & no probs after 3 years (used for gaming & blu ray primarily) & HD TV looks great..

If you're getting that Plasma for price then you can look at Toshiba Regza, they have good sizes at a decent price..I hear Vizio thrown around as well for well-priced TVs but I have no personal experience so I can't speak on them..

LED>LCD>Plasma

Plasmas aren't built for gaming with potential burn-in happening..We used to have a Plasma & it was rather problematic in a minimal amount of time. I have a Toshiba LCD & no probs after 3 years (used for gaming & blu ray primarily) & HD TV looks great..

If you're getting that Plasma for price then you can look at Toshiba Regza, they have good sizes at a decent price..I hear Vizio thrown around as well for well-priced TVs but I have no personal experience so I can't speak on them..

Originally Posted by KenJi714

How so ?

Not sure. The big screen is a toshiba projector type hdtv and the 30" is a polaroid lcd hdtv. The overall picture quality is NOTICEABLY better on the polaroid. Also listen to Avirex.. you're much better off with an LCD or LED HDTV.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

How so ?

Not sure. The big screen is a toshiba projector type hdtv and the 30" is a polaroid lcd hdtv. The overall picture quality is NOTICEABLY better on the polaroid. Also listen to Avirex.. you're much better off with an LCD or LED HDTV.

Plasma is a quicker tv but it all depends on where this is goin to be at... if plasma hopefully its in a dark room

Plasma is a quicker tv but it all depends on where this is goin to be at... if plasma hopefully its in a dark room

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

LED>LCD>Plasma

My experience is the exact opposite. Was it an old plasma tv? Ive gamed many hours on a 50" Sony plasma and the experience was great. Preferred it over the previous LCD.  

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

LED>LCD>Plasma

My experience is the exact opposite. Was it an old plasma tv? Ive gamed many hours on a 50" Sony plasma and the experience was great. Preferred it over the previous LCD.  

Who ever says gaming on a plasma is bad/ghosting problem probably never owned a plasma. I own three panny plasma, one 42 720, one 42 1080, and a 50 720. Played xbox 360 and hdmi connect(farcry/wow/starcraft 3) on every single one and never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom