roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

priceless

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Thanks alot Nay, you just opened the floodgates for people like Andre 3000, Bun B, and Cee-lo to be considered Top 20 or 10 even for that matter.  Thanks alot champ.

Originally Posted by inspektahdeck

Originally Posted by sparklecity SC

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Even if you dont mess with the mob , if you dont like the Genesis on HNIC you dont like rap music.
shut up u lame 

which one is he?
the one that got more chins than a Jet li flick

laugh.gif

sick.gif
@ his mans hairline #%! is disgusting
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Thanks alot Nay, you just opened the floodgates for people like Andre 3000, Bun B, and Cee-lo to be considered Top 20 or 10 even for that matter.  Thanks alot champ.

3000>Prodigy no disrespect to P cause I was a fan.. but this is obvious

According to NT its "3000 >>> anyone who's ever picked up a mic dead or alive"

Not wit me...i dont have a certain person picked out that i  say is better than everybody

top 20 sounds about right imo
... and I'd say that P was probably a top 5 rapper in the 90's... notice I didn't say lyricists but overall rapper. P was definitely not in the supreme lyrical echelon like Pun, Biggie, Rae, Nas and etc but he had damn good lyrics.

Not wit me...i dont have a certain person picked out that i  say is better than everybody

3000 & Cee Lo are BOTH top 20 IMO... If Cee Lo spit more I'd put him in the top 12 personally... He's always been the best southern lyrcist IMO...

I don't really listen to UGK like that that, I have their catalog on my ipod but I personally never really cared enuff to do anything other than skim through it, so Bun B or Pimp C (God Bless his soul) prolly wouldn't get top 20 considereation...

No way 8Ball or MJG would be ANYwhere near a TOP 20 30 40 or 50 in my book... MJG sound like MC Hammer 

... and I'd say that P was probably a top 5 rapper in the 90's... notice I didn't say lyricists but overall rapper. P was definitely not in the supreme lyrical echelon like Pun, Biggie, Rae, Nas and etc but he had damn good lyrics.
This.
But you gotta think Prodigy has little to NO natural ability... Especially in comparison to Pun/BIG/NaS... Rae on the other hand just had an ill flow and he basically survived off of that.

(his performance on Hell On Earth might be a top 10 performance by one rapper on one album...)
That.

^ You don't rock with 8 Ball G?!?!?!?!?!?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

he kept that tradition of that fat !%# cold !%# rapper alive after the Chris's passed G.

how the %+*% does mjg sound like mc hammer?

u buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggin...

he got one of the most distinct flows in the game...

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

laugh.gif
@ cappadonna's skills diminshing over time.. he never had any skills to begin with.

indifferent.gif

You heard of the rasp before but kept waitin
for the sun of song, I keep dancehalls strong
Beats never worthy of my cause, I prolong
Extravangza, time sits still
No propoganda, be wary of the skill
As I bring forth the music, make love to your eardrum
Dedicated to rap !%++% beware of the fearsome
Lebanon Don, Malcolm X beat threat
CD massacre, murder to cassette
I blow the shop up, you ain't seen nuttin yet
One man ran, tryin to get away from it
Put your bifocal on, watch me a-cometh
into your chamber like Freddy enter dream
Discombumberate your technique and your scheme
Four course applause, like a black dat to dat
You're stuck on stupid like I'm stuck on the map
Nowhere to go except next show bro
Entertainin %+!%*#!@!@%+! can't stop O
in battlin, you don't want me to start tattlin
All upon the stage cause y'all snakes keep rattlin
%!$@%, you ain't got nothin on the rich
Every other day my whole dress code switch
So just in case you want to clock me like Sherry
All y'all crab !!!$+%$ ain't got to worry
Can't get a !%++% like Don dime a dozen
Even if I'm smoked out I can't be scoped out
I'm too ill, I represent Park Hill
See my face on the twenty dollar bill
Cash it in, and get ten dollars back
The fat LP with Cappachino on the wax
Pass it in your think, put valve up to twelve
Put all the other LP's back on the shelf
And smoke a blunt, and dial 9-1-7
1-6-0-4-9-3-11
And you could get long #$%! hip-hop affection
I damage any MC who step in my direction
I'm Staten Island's best son #!*% what you heard
$!%!@$ still talkin that $!++ is absurd
My repotoire, is U.S.S.R.
P.L.O. style got thrown out the car
and ran over, by the Method Man jeep
Divine can't define my style is so deep
like !%@%%, my low cut fade stay bushy
like a porcupine, I part backs like a spine
Cut you like a blunt and reconstruct your design
I know you want to diss me, but I can read your mind
Cuz you weak in the knees, like SWV
Tryin to get a title like Wu Killa Bee
Kid change your habit, you know I'm friends with the Abbott
Me and RZA ridin name printed in the tablet
under vets, we paid our debts for mad years
Hibernate the sound, and now we out like beers
and blunt power, born physically power speakin
The truth in the song be the pro-black teachin

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

3000 & Cee Lo are BOTH top 20 IMO... If Cee Lo spit more I'd put him in the top 12 personally... He's always been the best southern lyrcist IMO...

I don't really listen to UGK like that that, I have their catalog on my ipod but I personally never really cared enuff to do anything other than skim through it, so Bun B or Pimp C (God Bless his soul) prolly wouldn't get top 20 considereation...

No way 8Ball or MJG would be ANYwhere near a TOP 20 30 40 or 50 in my book... MJG sound like MC Hammer 

This.
But you gotta think Prodigy has little to NO natural ability... Especially in comparison to Pun/BIG/NaS... Rae on the other hand just had an ill flow and he basically survived off of that.

(his performance on Hell On Earth might be a top 10 performance by one rapper on one album...)
That.

Okay, how would you feel if people rated 3000 & Cee-Lo as Top 5 of all-time, not saying they rated those 2 in their personal Top 5 of all-time which is something different in its entirety.  For what it's worth, you got people out here on the boards and probably countless others out there that actually think 3000 by himself has 3 classics to his name, as if some Joe  Schmoe was rapping along side with him on all those group albums.  Most people on here base that on their belief that 3000 "outshined" Joe Schmoe on EVERY SINGLE track they did together.  Those same people want to use 3000 group efforts as some sort of crutch to justify him in a solo spot on some Top 5, 10, or in your case 20 of all-time list.  That is the same thing that you are doing in regards to Prodigy, now if you have Prodigy in your personal Top 20 of all-time then more power to you.  However, you can't short-side Havoc contributions on Mobb Deep's group projects in order to highlight or justify Prodigy place on an all-time list, the same people do it for 3000 against Big Boi Joe Schmoe, Bun B against Pimp C, or even now it appears 8 Ball against MJG.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

he kept that tradition of that fat !%# cold !%# rapper alive after the Chris's passed G.

Not in the least bit...

My BX Ns always @%+%%! with 8Ball & MJG, I never really understood why tho... My barber was tryin put me on to them, but it wasn't my cup of tea...

how the %+*% does mjg sound like mc hammer?
laugh.gif
 How doesn't he??

Atleast the few joints I've heard from them since the 90s I always thought he sounded like Hammer and NEVER @%+%%! with their *#$#...

Duece King wrote:

Okay, how would you feel if people rated 3000 & Cee-Lo as Top 5 of all-time, not saying they rated those 2 in their personal Top 5 of all-time which is something different in its entirety.  For what it's worth, you got people out here on the boards and probably countless others out there that actually think 3000 by himself has 3 classics to his name, as if some Joe  Schmoe was rapping along side with him on all those group albums.  Most people on here base that on their belief that 3000 "outshined" Joe Schmoe on EVERY SINGLE track they did together.  Those same people want to use 3000 group efforts as some sort of crutch to justify him in a solo spot on some Top 5, 10, or in your case 20 of all-time list.  That is the same thing that you are doing in regards to Prodigy, now if you have Prodigy in your personal Top 20 of all-time then more power to you.  However, you can't short-side Havoc contributions on Mobb Deep's group projects in order to highlight or justify Prodigy place on an all-time list, the same people do it for 3000 against Big Boi Joe Schmoe, Bun B against Pimp C, or even now it appears 8 Ball against MJG.
Havoc contributed little to NOTHING from a lyrical standpoint to Mobb Deep's music... There's not a person in the world that'll tell you he was buyin Mobb @*!+ soley to check on Havoc's lyrics... Production, but not lyrics...

I agree with the assesment with 3000 & Big Boi, cause there's a fair amount of people that prefer Big Boi over 3000... I'm sure the same can be said for UGK... But I've yet to meet a sane person that preferred Havoc over Prodigy from a rapping standpoint... Hav is an average rapper @ BEST... And I'd challenge ANYone to post a Hav verse that is widely respected throughout the hip hop community... The BEST verse I heard him spit was on Hell On Earth and Prodigy came through and BODYbagged that joint on the 3rd verse...

Lyrically speaking, I'd put Cee Lo up against damn near ANYone rapping, dead or alive... Had he kept rapping and not doin that experimental @*!+, I think he would've by FAAAR been considered the greatest MC from the south...

WHOA WHOA WHOA....ive seen him say some outlandish things before but MJG sounding like MC Hammer....cmon dude...get outta here with that....just say you never listened to their music before you go straight up disrespecting

MJG not only got his own flow he damn near branded Pimp #%^*....its only two rappers that can be put in the same boat far as that goes Too Short n Pimp C n maybe Big boi n Bun to a lesser extent

Outside of NYC Prodigy is more famous for getting dissed than for them bum solo albums you posted....get real

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

top 20 sounds about right imo
i used to drive a ac andkept a mac in the engine/littles painted it black with crack sales intentions

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

WHOA WHOA WHOA....ive seen him say some outlandish things before but MJG sounding like MC Hammer....cmon dude...get outta here with that....just say you never listened to their music before you go straight up disrespecting

MJG not only got his own flow he damn near branded Pimp #%^*....its only two rappers that can be put in the same boat far as that goes Too Short n Pimp C n maybe Big boi n Bun to a lesser extent  
How is sounding like MC Hammer dissing him??... The N's voice sounds like Hammer, that's NOT my fault...
Outside of NYC Prodigy is more famous for getting dissed than for them bum solo albums you posted....get real
If that's true (which I doubt), then people outside of NY must not know too much about hip hop... Even the FIRST major cat who dissed them (God Bless his soul) thought they were dope, so if fans outside the east are that ghey to just hate on a man cause someone else did... Then hey...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Not in the least bit...

My BX Ns always @%+%%! with 8Ball & MJG, I never really understood why tho... My barber was tryin put me on to them, but it wasn't my cup of tea... 

Damn... I'd typically say you're losing but I'll just say "To each his own"

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

How is sounding like MC Hammer dissing him??... The N's voice sounds like Hammer, that's NOT my fault...
If that's true (which I doubt), then people outside of NY must not know too much about hip hop... Even the FIRST major cat who dissed them (God Bless his soul) thought they were dope, so if fans outside the east are that ghey to just hate on a man cause someone else did... Then hey...
lol dude you know how u presented that

and I dont have a problem wit Mobb Deep they have a nice catalog....im just sayin if you gonna take a member rhymes from a duo getting him in top 20...u saying Prodigy is that guy???....i mean its your opinion and all though

n i cant speak for other areas...maybe P's solo albums are held in hi-regard nationwide....

and I dont have a problem wit Mobb Deep they have a nice catalog....im just sayin if you gonna take a member rhymes from a duo getting him in top 20...u saying Prodigy is that guy???....
Prodigy has A LOT of GREAT verses...

Outside of production Hav brought NOTHING to Mobb Deep...

They could've been like Gangstarr for all I cared, the MAJORITY of Havoc's verses SUCK BALLS...

Matter of fact it should've been a trio, Hav on the production and Prodigy & Big Noyd rappin...

and I dont have a problem wit Mobb Deep they have a nice catalog....im just sayin if you gonna take a member rhymes from a duo getting him in top 20...u saying Prodigy is that guy???....

They could've been like Gangstarr for all I cared, the MAJORITY of Havoc's verses SUCK BALLS...

Matter of fact it should've been a trio, Hav on the production and Prodigy & Big Noyd rappin...
prodigy been wack since murda muzik...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

prodigy been wack since murda muzik...

hniccover.jpg

Havoc contributed little to NOTHING from a lyrical standpoint to Mobb Deep's music... There's not a person in the world that'll tell you he was buyin Mobb @*!+ soley to check on Havoc's lyrics... Production, but not lyrics...

You say Havoc contributed little to NOTHING, but the part that simply isn't true is that he contributed NOTHING, and I aint talking about beats either.  For all the classic albums/album that Mobb Deep has, it's properly credited to Mobb Deep, not just the guy with sickle cell leaving out the short dark-skinned bald headed guy.  They are/were a team whether you want to see that or not.  It's wasn't all just Kobe by himself winning a championship last year, he just so happened to be the leader of the team, which is exactly what Prodigy was, the leader of the team.  Havoc provided verses to those albums, who knows, maybe if it wasn't for Havoc all of Mobb Deep's, or as Nay would say Prodigy's sole catalog would only consists of 1 16 per song, meaning each song would be about 1 minute and 32 seconds long at the most, having Prodigy spit a verse, a very quick hook and then your album automatically jumps to the next track.  Leaving the listener scratching their head wondering if there cd player/Ipod is acting up. 

You say Havoc contributed little to NOTHING, but the part that simply isn't true is that he contributed NOTHING, and I aint talking about beats either.  For all the classic albums/album that Mobb Deep has, it's properly credited to Mobb Deep, not just the guy with sickle cell leaving out the short dark-skinned bald headed guy.  They are/were a team whether you want to see that or not.  It's wasn't all just Kobe by himself winning a championship last year, he just so happened to be the leader of the team, which is exactly what Prodigy was, the leader of the team.  Havoc provided verses to those albums, who knows, maybe if it wasn't for Havoc all of Mobb Deep's, or as Nay would say Prodigy's sole catalog would only consists of 1 16 per song, meaning each song would be about 1 minute and 32 seconds long at the most, having Prodigy spit a verse, a very quick hook and then your album automatically jumps to the next track.  Leaving the listener scratching their head wondering if there cd player/Ipod is acting up. 
There's SEVERAL Mobb Deep songs that feature 2 Prodigy verses and just ONE from Hav...

A few joints with ONLY Prodigy on the verses... I can think of 2 Mobb songs that DON'T have a Prodigy verse on them ("More Trife Life" & "Handcuffs") the ladder of the 2 SUCKS BALLS...

I ain't sayin Hav didn't contribute ANYthing... His production made a lot of those albums, but when it comes to MCing Prodigy was the one holding the majority of the weight... it was like 80/20...

Hav knew his role, production was his lane, where as MCing was Prodigy's... Hav was NEVER respected as a MC like that, it was Prodigy that was gettin the guest spots, tearin %$+% down... Hav was a producer...

His production made a lot of those albums, but when it comes to MCing Prodigy was the one holding the majority of the weight... it was like 80/20...

Hav knew his role, production was his lane, where as MCing was Prodigy's... Hav was NEVER respected as a MC like that, it was Prodigy that was gettin the guest spots, tearin %$+% down... Hav was a producer...
I agree with that assessment, I can't deny that. 

Back
Top Bottom