Yo Nt.. Real talk Tho.

brokeballah

Banned
How do you explain DEJA VU? Last night, my roommates and i were talking and this topic came up... It was interesting, so interesting that it led into othertopics that didn't end until about 5am this morning. So.. What is Deja vu or how does it come about? Thanks
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BrokeBallah

Originally Posted by marath0n

Originally Posted by 757bred

Easy....it's just a glitch in the Matrix.

Came in here to post this
roll.gif

Not being creative ftl
frown.gif

LOL.. What does it mean tho?

One explanation that there's some kind of imbalance that tricks your mind into thinking that you've experienced for the second time, when you reallyhaven't.

marath0n wrote:

757bred wrote:

roll.gif

Not being creative ftl
frown.gif

One explanation that there's some kind of imbalance that tricks your mind into thinking that you've experienced for the second time, when you really haven't.

I don't agree. I've had Dejavu before and actually called out what was coming next. Call ducktales if you want.
I was riding with my friends and I was texting like "wow, dejavu. I swear there is a bus coming up this way."

The bus turned right on our street 4 seconds later. We was all looking like ..... get the %** outa here.. Lol

I learned in my cognitive psychology class that it has somethin to do with the receptors in your brain and a delay in the relaying of what is actually takingplace in front of you and how you perceive it. So whatever you're perceiving for whatever reason your brain is slow to pick up on it and basicallyyou're comprehending the event cognitively after it actually happened making you feel like you've seen it before.

laugh.gif
I hate Deja Vu, be having me like what's going on
ohwell.gif
outside of physcological explanations

Originally Posted by DMoney82

marath0n wrote:

757bred wrote:

roll.gif

Not being creative ftl
frown.gif

One explanation that there's some kind of imbalance that tricks your mind into thinking that you've experienced for the second time, when you really haven't.

I don't agree. I've had Dejavu before and actually called out what was coming next. Call ducktales if you want.
I was riding with my friends and I was texting like "wow, dejavu. I swear there is a bus coming up this way."

The bus turned right on our street 4 seconds later. We was all looking like ..... get the %** outa here.. Lol

hmmmmmmmmm

Originally Posted by eghckk

I learned in my cognitive psychology class that it has somethin to do with the receptors in your brain and a delay in the relaying of what is actually taking place in front of you and how you perceive it. So whatever you're perceiving for whatever reason your brain is slow to pick up on it and basically you're comprehending the event cognitively after it actually happened making you feel like you've seen it before.

Nope its still a glitch in the matrix.

let me tell yall i had the craziest experience a week ago. so i was watching super high me and i swear i started to remember what was gunna happen next wordfor word...it was almost as if i had dreamt it. i think our dreams have to do something with it.

my dejavu comes in dream form most of the time, or w.e feeling i clasify as de ja vu

i pretty much have a dream, not much different from an everyday event, me smoking at someones house, or petting a dog I've never seen before with someone iknow

and then my de ja vu moment happens, and its something totaly insignificant from a past dream I've had,
not saying i can cheat the lotto thru dreams or anything, but i had a dream about my cousins pitbull a year before he got her, and i when i caught the dejavumoment he'd had the dog for month or so
the whole topic is hard to really classify being that its a feeling that only you yourself can explain and it differs from person to person

I know it isn't something actually happening for a second time I always thought it meant when you imagine something in detail prior to it actuallyhappening. Like I sometimes will have a dream in vivid detail of something and it will happen in the next few days.

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

my dejavu comes in dream form most of the time, or w.e feeling i clasify as de ja vu

i pretty much have a dream, not much different from an everyday event, me smoking at someones house, or petting a dog I've never seen before with someone i know

and then my de ja vu moment happens, and its something totaly insignificant from a past dream I've had,
not saying i can cheat the lotto thru dreams or anything, but i had a dream about my cousins pitbull a year before he got her, and i when i caught the dejavu moment he'd had the dog for month or so
the whole topic is hard to really classify being that its a feeling that only you yourself can explain and it differs from person to person

exactly dog....ive experienced dejavus before but when i remember knowing what scene that was coming up next that hit me like damn #@$ this is some crazy %#+cus i never even watched the movie.

I get this feeling from my dreams..like wait a minute I've dreamt this before but the details are very vague because i cant remember my dream vividly.Likei dont even remember the dream until the Deja vu moment is there and it sparks up a memory from a dream. Pretty crazy feeling, now if i could somehow remembermy dreams better....

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

let me tell yall i had the craziest experience a week ago. so i was watching super high me and i swear i started to remember what was gunna happen next word for word...it was almost as if i had dreamt it. i think our dreams have to do something with it.

Thats a great story...

Back
Top Bottom