Yo NT, what are some home remedies for a cold?

I think I'm getting sick...Socal fall weather, 40 degree mornings/80 degree afternoons FTL
tired.gif

Drink alot of water..like a gallon
Lemon juice+Honey
I know u have Vicks Vapor Rub or somethin like that...boil some water..put a spoon of the vapor rub in a Big %+% bowl...pour boiling water over it and put urface over the bowl and a towel over ur head...the vapor-steam from the boilin water/vapor rub is gonna go all in ur sinuses and clear that out

I drink hot tea with lots of honey in it.
Also helps if you go to 24 hour fitness and stay in the steam room for like 15 minutes.

when you feel like you caught or about to catch a cold, the night of...
- work out a bit, start sweating a bit (don't OD tho)
- drink hot liquids afterwards (coffee, tea, etc)
- take a steaming hot shower
- go to bed nice and warm and make sure you stay warm all night

99% chance that you'll wont get the cold.

ginger brew for a sore throat/cough.
if that doesn't work, a shot of cuervo, patron, or corazon works nicely as well

hot and sour soup, green tea with honey and lemon, and bongrips. seriously, if you smoke, it'll push all the mucus out your lungs.

at least that's my excuse...

Well I hit the gym earlier today trying to sweat it out...

Also been drinking lots of fluids like water and had some coffee/tea, prob need to pick up some OJ...

Never heard of that Vapor rub in a bowl method, sounds funny but I might just give that a shot...

And chicken noodle soup + Sprite?
laugh.gif

OJ works for me, to fight it before it actually comes in.

Boil some water with Ginger/Lemon in it. that helps.

And yack out that phlegm if you can.

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Drink alot of water..like a gallon
Lemon juice+Honey
I know u have Vicks Vapor Rub or somethin like that...boil some water..put a spoon of the vapor rub in a Big %+% bowl...pour boiling water over it and put ur face over the bowl and a towel over ur head...the vapor-steam from the boilin water/vapor rub is gonna go all in ur sinuses and clear that out
I never tried this before but it sounds like it would work. I have a bad cold right now so Im going to try this.

Originally Posted by ahhitsj0e

when you feel like you caught or about to catch a cold, the night of...
- work out a bit, start sweating a bit (don't OD tho)
- drink hot liquids afterwards (coffee, tea, etc)
- take a steaming hot shower
- go to bed nice and warm and make sure you stay warm all night

99% chance that you'll wont get the cold.
THIS. Orange Juice can't hurt either. Cough drops too.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

if you get a sore throat, buy a bottle of pure lemon juice (the really acidic stuff). no joke. sip enough for it to burn your throat a little bit, and drink itthroughout the day. The acid kills the bacteria and sooths the sore throat. WHENEVER I GET SICK, I TAKE A BOTTLE WITH ME WHEREVER I GO; CLASS, MALL, BATHROOM,seriously EVERYWHERE. people will look at you like
indifferent.gif
but you'll get over the sore throat in a day or less.

Last time i felt a cold coming in i drank OJ, a good amount of water...but wut seemed to help most was a steaming hot shower.

obviously there's a chance that it was just a coincidence, but it gave immediate help.

Back
Top Bottom