Yo Real Talk, Birmingham, AL May Be The Best City Ever

urbetterthenme urbetterthenme
Have you personally experienced racism in Birmingham? Or are you basing your claim upon stereotypes and the media's portrayal of the south?
I've been living here my whole life and not once have I been subjected to racism. There's a lot of racial injustices in my city's history but that's in the past. We all love each other now.
Hell, there's more enmity between Alabama/Auburn fans than blacks & whites.

Speaking of the Iron Bowl...
Graduated high school with Chris Davis. :pimp: :pimp:

I wish Auburn had won the chip, but another product of Birmingham was in the way.

Last edited:
@UrBetterthenME
Have you personally experienced racism in Birmingham? Or are you basing your claim upon stereotypes and the media's portrayal of the south?
I've been living here my whole life and not once have I been subjected to racism. There's a lot of racial injustices in my city's history but that's in the past. We all love each other now.
Hell, there's more enmity between Alabama/Auburn fans than blacks & whites.

Speaking of the Iron Bowl...
Graduated high school with Chris Davis.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wish Auburn had won the chip, but another product of Birmingham was in the way.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Oh let me go to a known racist to experience racism so I can so oh that place racist. SMH. I need you to go to a poor country so you can know what its like to be poor or to see if people really be as poor

Last edited:
Only reason I repped you is cause you posted Sweet Home Alabama, one of the greatest songs of all time.

Went to Alabama for job training for a couple of weeks and didn't know what to expect. Stayed in Hoover but training was in Bessemer. I really enjoyed it. Dreamland BBQ, amazing, Jim & Nicks BBQ? with the White BBQ sauce, damn. Also, went bar hopping at Tin Roof to Nana Funks. What was cool is that they don't have the 2am cut off time for alcohol so we were just drinking from 6pm-6am. It was a great experience

I worked/lived in Huntsville AL for some years and been To Birmingham a couple of times. Definitely one of the better cities and night life in AL but that doesn't say much. I preferred going to Atlanta or Nashville as those were the closest actual cities.

I'm from mobile and I went to school in Tuscaloosa. I've been to bham several times. The nicer parts of the city is very appealing.

I've been to Birmingham a few times, but I will tell you that Magic City Classic is legit. I'd love to catch one just one more time. But Huntsville isn't a slouch either, used to go to A&M back in the day I deeply regret ever leaving.

You regret leaving Huntsville?

Man, I look forward to the day I can dip from here and never come back. :lol: So boring here. And I get tired of having to travel 2-4 hours to catch good concerts/shows, sporting events, etc.

+1 couldn't wait to leave Huntsville.
Sure the cost of living is low but thats because not that many people want to live there.

Last went out to BHam when we (Tulane) beat UAB in football a couple of years ago. It's ok, but I couldn't live there. I'm born and bred New Orleans and the only other cities in the south I could see myself living in would be Atl and Houston.. 

You essentially described all significant cities or college towns in the south...that said, I'm not mad @ it. 

how would the AWG's treat a dominican guy in Bama?

always have been curious about it. :nerd:

How many Birmingham NT'ers are there?

Thought I was the only one haha.

For those of you who have never visited... I think you might be surprised. Don't believe everything you read or see on TV....

I swear you ****** would auction off your own moms for an AWG. This cat really said greatest city ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom