Yosemite / Muir Woods / Big Sur / Sutro Baths?

jpzx

Supporter
halp

going on a trip and I’m bringing...

good vibes

are these spots the move and any advice on what to do when there?

-jpzx thx

Going to Yosemite this weekend for the first time.

Went to Big Sur in June and loved it. Went on a solid hike along the ocean. Big Sur is about an hour from Monterey if you want to do the 17 mile drive, go wine tasting, etc.

Only know Yosemite and Muir.

Yosemite, go during the week. Weekends are murder to find parking in general and reserving an actual camping spot might be months or even a year ahead of time. You can do half dome hike(most popular) and not go the entire way. Lot of scenic waterfalls as you’re going up. You’ll eventually see going up who’s about that life. Some bring entire families just for one photo op then dip. The less and less paved trails you get the less families you’ll be around lol. Others keep going up. You can’t miss the trails at all.

Muir woods is nice too. Prolly give you the most bug problems since you’re around bushes and trees. Yosemite mostly dirt and rocks.

Muir prolly most educational. Signs and trail marks for everything around you.

Okay, thanks for the advice on all these, Big Sur with the ocean description sounds great and thanks for the extensive info on Yosemite.

Open to hearing about others’ experience, and I should say, I’ll be in a walking cast for all these. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom