You cats can have MM3... give me WGIFC3. Now.

people call budden fans crazy?
look at some of the wild +@#% that was said in here.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

On a lyrics level alone, budden would annihilate Malice, and that's just me being honest. no hatred, because I like dude a lot, but let's be real. Pusha T is SMART. he's one of the wittiest MCs I've ever heard,
why do people sleep on Malice SO damn hard? dude is equally as witty as Pusha. he uses so many classical literature/historical references and metaphors, i honestly think a lot of ppl just don't catch the !@%$ he's referring to.

Clipse and Budden are two COMPLETELY different artists, though. Clipse are all about stunting and braggadocio. Budden is more introspective and talks mostly about his personal trials and tribulations (so do Clipse, but it's almost always referring to their coke days)
Clipse are definitely redundant with their subject matter, but they're nice at what they do, they definitely have their niche. and if they switched it up at this point in their career, i doubt anybody would follow them. in all honesty, Budden is damn near just as redundant as Clipse. i love dude as an artist and think he's incredibly talented, but god damn does he whine. his subject matter is just as predictable as Clipse. Joey talks about how he's so underappreciated, his depression, how he should be running the rap game, how everybody sucks nowadays, throw in some recent pop culture reference punchlines and bam, you got a Budden verse. dude is pretty formulaic, but i give him a pass because he's better than damn near anybody right now, and he's honest. on the flipside, the Clipse are redundant with their subject matter, but i give them a pass because they somehow keep it fresh and their whole delivery and style is unique.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm convinced Push and Mal sit in front of their fireplace in the crib in smoking robes puffing on pipes, reading Yeats,and saying things to each other like "I dare, say, Old Man, cocaine" & "Indubitably." They are SMART. But I mean, so is Joey. He's just probably never read The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. But Budden is just a better MC than Malice. Pusha and Mal are basically the same rapper(go listen to Lord Willin) but now and then Pusha switches up his flow/voice/says some absurd $+@! that just makes you pause the tape and go
eek.gif
what?!

I look at it like this...

Joe can get on the gun/coke rapping tip and hold his own, and better 97.9 of rappers.

And as far as the 10 minutes, 5th gear, etc ,etc, etc...there's only a handful capable of being on that level

To the first part...he did that, he's now grown as an artist

And I still don't understand how anyone can call his album 'bad'

^ His "bad" album is better than 95% of MCs debuts/sophomore works. But there's a certain stigma associated with that record

A. because it never went platinum

and

B. because he never dropped the second one so everyone judges it as THE pinnacle example of his work, very unfairly too.

That said "Self-Titled" was a great album. #1, Focus, Pump it Up, Fire, 10 Minutes are all incredible tracks. How many rappers can claim they have 5incredible songs on their solo debut. I'm not even talking about the good songs or listenable ones. I'm talking 5 exceptional records, one of wish maybe the best meshing of an MC over a Just Blaze beat ever.

why do people sleep on Malice SO damn hard? dude is equally as witty as Pusha. he uses so many classical literature/historical references and metaphors, i honestly think a lot of ppl just don't catch the !@%$ he's referring to.
I'm convinced that's why ignorant people sleep on Mal.

Originally Posted by mace40

I'm convinced that's why ignorant people sleep on Mal.

Not enought Ns out there are reading or up on things before there time unless its made the "cool" thing to do. I actually am looking forward tothis way more than MM3, even tho I think MM3 might be better just cuz of what I heard about it.

smokin.gif

I hate how NT can get me+#$%#%*$* on and arguing over my favorite rapers
laugh.gif

Why does it always have to be A >>> B. Let's just get hype and celebrate it all.

[/corny idealistic rant]

I'd take Mal over Pusha.

That's why the Clipse are just beasts in this @$+%. Pusha the flashy younger brother, Mal the witty wise older brother. Listen to any track Pusha will goin first and boast, Then Mal will come through and give the real side of @$+%. Hardships They both boast but Mal touches on the pain much more and almostsolely.

People recognize Pusha so much more because that slick @$+% is what populates the game. Most casual cats can pick on the braggadocio because that's whatpeople on the outside looking in think it's all about. Real recognize real. Malice spits real life @$+%. Mostly why son gets overlooked, it'sdisgusting.

Seriously,

This goes out to my A-Alikes that hang out on them corners
Who rock Air Nike's, and live a hustlers' way of life
In white T's, constantly, ducking from Ds
Pumpin that D arm, readily, waiting to squeeze
Who stay cookin, stay lookin, over they shoulders
Holdin them boulders, tryin to avoid central booking
I ain't coming atcha quote, unquote "Famous Rapper"
Who turn positive, try to tell ya how to live
But this information I must pass to the homies
If hustling is a must be Sosa, not Tony
We can all shine; I want your wrist lit like mine
Neck and ears, I want it lit like mine
Foreign cars, stick shift, 6 gears like mine
Anything that keep mama from crying, visiting
You behind that glass, while you await sentencing
But the judge is saying "Life" like it ain't someone's LIFE

[Pusha]
sick.gif
[Pusha]

I'm waiting on WGIFC3 more. Prolly cause Sandman and Liva are nice as *++% too.
pimp.gif

Budden is nicer than both Pusha & Mal, but the Clipse are A LOT more entertaining.
i kind of agree.. i feel that Budden & Neighborhood are on the same level lyrically.. Budden may have a more aggressive delivery, but i feelthat their lyrically ability and flow are both on perfect levels

For everyone saying that Clipse can't get into that introspective !**%, you're only half right.

Malice Demeanor on I'm Not You and P ussy effectively end that arguement.

Malice's verse on Hello New World was surely piff.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Was my reaction when I first heard the joint. I think son is right too. Malice just comes with lyrical heat. Pusha brings the machismo and flow. His micpresence is automatically felt. That's why I think Pusha is better, but Malice has gotten the best of him sometimes. Hell, Liva has straight murked all ofthem at times. Even Sandman has gotten the best of the Furious Foursome...Damn I'm fiendin bad, DROP THAT NOW NOW NOW NOW....

UGGGGHK....

Back
Top Bottom