You Like DBZ? Good.

(Skip to about :45 seconds, if you want to see gameplay.)

"Our motivation was born from seeing the many official and unofficial games that DBZ has spawned over the last years," the developers, Team Z2, said. "Usually packed with tons of characters, those games have always left us with a bad taste in our mouths."

Enter Hyper Dragon Ball Z, which mixes Dragon Ball's cinematic fights with the gameplay of Street Fighter  and Darkstalkers. Sounds excellent, right?

"Gone is the sensation of every character being interchangeable and having the same style of fighting," Team Z2 writes. "Instead, we have characters with beautiful animations, cinematic moves, skillful combos, interesting movesets, unique traits and the kind of fanservice that'd make any Dragonball fan smirk. We drew from all sources and we committed to our vision, which we share with you."

The game features stuff you'd expect from a fighting game, plus stuff that is unique to Dragon Ball, like combos, counters, air combos, dash collisions, super projectiles, beam struggles, character introductions and win poses, as well as five characters and 11 stages. Three more characters are in-progress, and more stuff is expected to be added in the future. What they have in the moment already looks impressive, though, as you can see in the footage.

Article
I don't wanna get my hopes up....

v8h9w0.gif

BUT THIS LOOKS 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
A DBZ game that plays like MvC?.....It may actually be my first DBZ game purchase.

*edit* Not for next-gen :frown:

Last edited:
"What you've had the pleasure of witnessing is the culmination of several years of work by true Dragonball Z fans, a small group of fighting games afficionados and the moving pieces and parts were coded in freeware indie fighting game engine, Mugen. We have in no way association with the DBZ license, we are mere fans. Our purpose is to show what CAN be made with the license. The moving bits of this presentation were made over time, with the effort of many."

They're probably going to get shutdown before finishing the game

A DBZ game that plays like Art of fighting and has a capcom CPS 2 fighting type engine....nice

Should of made it mvc2 style. With that said this is better than all those 3d garbage games they've made.

Its just mugen but with all Dbz stuff

Mugen is a pc game that allows you to make characters and have them face each other. Anyone from dbz, street fighter, fatal fury or any other game

Real cool. The imagination people have is crazy. Ssj3 broly, god ken, demon akuma, omega tom hanks (yes the actor) and the f1 button (the f 1 key kills the second player automatically if you press it)

Mugen is a pc game that allows you to make characters and have them face each other. Anyone from dbz, street fighter, fatal fury or any other game

Real cool. The imagination people have is crazy. Ssj3 broly, god ken, demon akuma, omega tom hanks (yes the actor) and the f1 button (the f 1 key kills the second player automatically if you press it)

My homie has this game on his computer, when he started throwing out Forrest Gump DVDs I lost it :lol:

They do have a couple racist joints on there to tho, like theres one char who's like a black sambo looking dude and he only attacks with a giant D. :x :smh:

:lol: As soon as it started and I saw those sprites I knew it was MUGEN :pimp:

I used to be crazy over it. I used to do gameplay videos and everything on the mugenguild forums.

:pimp: Fun times. I used to make screenpacks and everything for it. Got too time consuming. Some guys who developing characters (like Team Z2 who makes the DBZ characters) spend years developing stuff from scratch. Its really amazing the type of work those guys put in. I couldn't go that hard with it, so I eventually phased out of it.

Might fire it up today though :smokin

Last edited:
All I ever wanted in a DBZ game was one with gameplay similar to that of Mario 64. A storyline from Radditz up to Majin Buu where we could roam the DBZ universe freely.

This was the closest thing. Now if we could just get a better version for Xbox or PS4...

:lol: As soon as it started and I saw those sprites I knew it was MUGEN :pimp:

I used to be crazy over it. I used to do gameplay videos and everything on the mugenguild forums.

:pimp: Fun times. I used to make screenpacks and everything for it. Got too time consuming. Some guys who developing characters (like Team Z2 who makes the DBZ characters) spend years developing stuff from scratch. Its really amazing the type of work those guys put in. I couldn't go that hard with it, so I eventually phased out of it.

Might fire it up today though :smokin

I did the same. I used the eve (everything vs everything) screenpack by dj van

Had a **** ton of characters on there. Even put some nas az big L and mobb deep and some wu as the music for the stages :pimp:

:wow: :wow: God damn that looks dope! Why can the makers of the real dbz games sign these dudes up!?

So do you just download this somewhere or something?

Yeah im a member of mugenguild and i can confirm that this is mugen.

Team Z2 is Balthazar and Cybaster there, I actually betatest their chars. They have made Goku, Vegeta, SSJ Goku, Hercule, Saibaman and Gohan so far and are about to complete Majin Vegeta and Frieza soon. If you want to play you can play if you dl mugen, then go to http://network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/

And now that I've embarassed myself and let my nerd side out, I'm out.

EDIT: lmao i forgot they didn't release gohan yet. I would hook y'all boys up with the beta but I'm more honorable than that

Also Iced posted the sample of this particular vid here http://z2.smeenet.org/HyperDBZsample.rar

Last edited:

Yeah im a member of mugenguild and i can confirm that this is mugen.

Team Z2 is Balthazar and Cybaster there, I actually betatest their chars. They have made Goku, Vegeta, SSJ Goku, Hercule, Saibaman and Gohan so far and are about to complete Majin Vegeta and Frieza soon. If you want to play you can play if you dl mugen, then go to http://network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/

And now that I've embarassed myself and let my nerd side out, I'm out.

EDIT: lmao i forgot they didn't release gohan yet. I would hook y'all boys up with the beta but I'm more honorable than that

Its all good playa :pimp:

Whats your SN on Mugenguild?

:smh: I needs that gohan man. I've been waiting 2 years for that :lol:
Hopefully he releases before this christmas...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom