Young Man shot in the head at Garfield CC...... SMH! STOP THE MADNESS

[h1]One wounded in shooting near Garfield Community Center[/h1]
A man is in critical condition after being shot in the face this evening at Garfield Community Center in Seattle, Seattlepolice say.

A young man was shot in the face Tuesday evening just outside Seattle's Garfield Community Center following a confrontation between two smallgroups.

Seattle Police spokeswoman Renee Witt said the unidentified victim's condition was critical. He was transported to Harborview Medical Center, just overa mile away.

Within an hour of the shooting, community residents were holding glowing candles in sub-freezing temperatures at the scene near 23rd Avenue and East CherryStreet to disavow the street violence that has taken the lives of so many young people.

"What better place for us to be than right here?" said Liz Ali, a co-founder of Mothers Outreach Movement (MOM), a group that includes mothers whohave lost children this year to street violence.

According to Witt, a group of males were outside the community center on the east side of the grounds when they were approached by another group of youngmales at about 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Words were exchanged and the victim was shot in the face. The victim and two other males ran inside the community center, where the victim collapsed. He wastreated at the scene before being taken to the hospital.

The second group - up to four males - ran from the community-center property in different directions, Witt said. The two who entered the community centerwith the victim left the scene, too, Witt said. "They didn't stick around."

More than three hours after the shooting, police gang-unit detectives were still at the scene interviewing witnesses. No arrests had been made.

Ali, of MOM, said a group of about 20 of her members and supporters were holding a candlelight vigil at Rainier Avenue South and South Alaska Street, lessthan five miles south of the shooting scene, when a passerby in a vehicle told them about the shooting.

"We all jumped in our cars and came straight here," she said, standing in front of the Garfield center.

"This is part of our strategy," said another member of the MOM group, Dione Tyson, also of Seattle. "Being at the scene of the crime tosupport the family."

Police spokeswoman Witt said it was too early to call the shooting gang-related.

There have been a number of shootings of young people in the Seattle-area this year, including one on Halloween night, when 15-year-old Quincy Coleman waswounded by gunfire also outside Garfield Community Center. He, too, sought aid at the community center. Police found him shot in the stomach. Coleman laterdied.

here's his myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=23277617http://profile.myspace.co...ile&friendID=23277617

dude is from deuce 8. oh why am i not surprised
smh.gif

Damn I knew who DC is... well I remember watching him play for years!
Ever since he graduated though I saw him hanging out with the wrong crowd..... and seeming like he wasn't up to good.
Too bad.

Back
Top Bottom