Your family members may have died so this scumbag could get re-elected

On an illegally wiretapped recording, President Lyndon B. Johnson caught Richard Nixon prolonging the Vietnam War to win the 1968 presidential election; over 15,000 more Americans were killed in Vietnam.

In 1968, President Lyndon B. Johnson heard Republican Presidential candidate Richard Nixon's intermediary convincing the South Vietnamese ambassador to stay at war with North Vietnam. President Johnson didn't say anything about this because he caught Mr. Nixon by having the FBI plant illegal wiretaps on the South Vietnamese ambassador's phone line. Peace negotiations between North and South Vietnam fell apart. Mr. Nixon was elected president on the pretense that he would end the Vietnam war, and over 15,000 more Americans were killed in Vietnam until the war ended in 1973.

We all know Nixon was a scumbag but still, hearing this makes me sick. The conspiracy theorists were actually right on this one.

Last edited:
Dude was from Cali. Went to Whittier High and Fullerton High. California Hall of Shame first ballot inductee.
mean.gif

so you're telling me that a person in power looking to keep power, essentially sacrificed others in order to keep the aforementioned power?

shocking.

^ What he said. I'm not even gonna go into other examples. That discussion is bigger than NT :smh:

UGH, I just recorded a show on DVR from Military Channel about Nixon and they mentioned this.

Anna Chennault aka the Dragon Lady (born Chen Xiangmei).

Recorded in Nixon, A Life, by Jonathan Aitken, notes of Patrick Hillings, the former congressman accompanying the candidate's 1967 trip to Taipei, Nixon interjected just after an unexpected encounter with Mrs. Chennault "Get her away from me, Hillings, she's a chatterbox."

Yet according to records of President Lyndon B. Johnson's secret monitoring of South Vietnamese officials and his political foes, Anna Chennault played a crucial role on behalf of the Nixon campaign[5][6] which attempted to help the U.S. ally South Vietnam preserve its independence.[7] She arranged the contact with South Vietnamese Ambassador Bui Diem whom Richard Nixon met in secret in July 1968 in New York.[8] It was through Chennault's intercession[9][10] that Republicans advised Saigon to refuse participation in the talks, promising a better deal once elected.[11][12][13] Records of FBI wiretaps show that Chennault phoned Bui Diem on November 2 with the message "hold on, we are gonna win."[14][15] Before the elections President Johnson “suspected (…) Richard Nixon, of political sabotage[16] that he called treason”.[17]

In part because Nixon won the presidency, no one was ever prosecuted for this violation of the Logan Act.[18][19][20] Cartha "Deke" DeLoach, then FBI Deputy Director, mentioned in his book Hoover's FBI that his agency was only able to connect a single November 2, 1968 phone call from the then Vice President candidate Spiro Agnew to Anna Chennault, unrecorded details of which Johnson believed were subsequently transmitted to Nixon.

thought this thread was gonna be about my manz barack. 
i'm with you tho OP. ridiculous how heartless scumbags like this can assume such high positions of power.

Last edited:
so you're telling me that a person in power looking to keep power, essentially sacrificed others in order to keep the aforementioned power?

shocking.

:lol: Word.

No matter how crazy something may sound I NEVER just brush it off as some nutty conspiracy theory because you never know.

Back
Top Bottom