Your girlfriend/female best friend/wife/whatever the heck you want to call her ...

This is an intriguing topic being that my girlfriend works in a salon with/run by a majority gay population...for the past 15 years. Obviously, when we got together I was included in these events, parties, shows, etc. For the most part, gay men are much more forward about their wants, but MOST won't act on it. They simply have no filter, which is really whatever to me since they are just words. Lesbians, for the most part, will just hate from a distance...again I am :rollin the entire time.

However, there are more than a few "queens" running around with money and think that is the only obstacle to get past. We were at an event last weekend for a charity. On the ride in the elevator leaving, there was one of these "queens" and his "boyfriend". The queen looks at my girlfriend, looks at me, and says "You have nice breasts!" as he grazes my chest. In respect for her, I did not react the way I naturally lean to (break his hand) but replied with, "Um, ok.". Getting outside, the queen's boyfriend started asking very politely about my tie (raw silk RL). The queen immediately interrupts and starts asking his boyfriend if him touching me hurt his feelings. My girlfriend and I walk to the valet to get in the car. I was buzzing, so she drove. As we get in, he yells "I see who is riding *****!".

I have thick skin most times. One thing I cannot stand is utter, blatant disrespect. I mentioned this as we drove away along with the reason why I didn't say anything/smash faces was I didn't want to be disrespectful to one of the head members of the charity. She understood but told me no matter where, what, when, if something like that happens again, I have free reign :eek .

I have learned that if a gay man/woman makes their intentions known, and you shut them down, most will stop. Just think how it would feel trying to talk to a chick and getting shut down before it begins...same ****.

Last edited:

i've been to gay clubs and bars and it's no big deal unless you're insecure about your sexuality or have a false sense of manhood . . .

you homophobes are something else . . . you guys act like you're going to get hit on by every gay guy, like you're god's gift . . . don't kid yourselves.

do you guys go to a [SARCASM] "normal" [/SARCASM] bar and club and get hit on constantly by women? probably not.

homosexuals are human beings just like you and me. they have scruples too.

i've been to gay clubs and bars and it's no big deal unless you're insecure about your sexuality or have a false sense of manhood . . .

you homophobes are something else . . . you guys act like you're going to get hit on by every gay guy, like you're god's gift . . . don't kid yourselves.

do you guys go to a [SARCASM] "normal" [/SARCASM] bar and club and get hit on constantly by women? probably not.

homosexuals are human beings just like you and me. they have scruples too.

You do realize this thread was about a female asking a straight guy to go to a gay club, to not get hit on, right?

So its ok for a women to be insecure about their sexuality but its a problem for a dude????

Just go to a normal club and stay with your girl with that look : "She's mine, step down!"

Been to one before, no big deal #pause. I went with lots of girls and some of my boys, really fun night. You just have to be secure of yourself and know that gay people go to regular clubs too. It's funny when you try to talk or hit on the girls in the club, they ask you "You know this is a gay bar, right?" lmao

You do realize this thread was about a female asking a straight guy to go to a gay club, to not get hit on, right?

So its ok for a women to be insecure about their sexuality but its a problem for a dude????

from the original post:

Asks you to go out with her to a gay club/bar. You will probably get hit on by guys, but she insists she wants to go to a place where she can go to just enjoy music, dance, and not worry about getting hit on when you're at the bathroom.

Do you go with her?

I read it as:
1. SHE wants to go to a gay bar.
2. SHE wants to bring you (supposedly a heterosexual man).
3. SHE says you (the supposedly heterosexual man) will probably get hit on by guys (while you're at the bathroom).

4. Knowing 1, 2 and 3, does the supposedly heterosexual man go to the gay bar / club?

SO I'm saying UNLESS the supposedly heterosexual man is insecure about his sexuality, then it shouldn't be a big deal (going to a gay bar / club as a heterosexual male) . . .

If the woman is comfortable and wants to go, then I don't think she's insecure about her sexuality. This post is about whether the supposedly heterosexual male should go to the gay bar and not about the woman, right (because they woman already wants to go?

Go for it, just say you're with your gf.

All those dudes hitting you up and harassing you might get you to understand how women feel when they go to a club. Might stop one of you fools to quit being extremely thirsty and not leaving the lady alone, not taking no for an answer.

:lol
Yeah I'm in the A.
I don't know if I'd go in this city. I have nothing against gay people, but compared to some other places I've lived, it seems dudes in Atlanta take it a step further. Telling them "Nah fam, I'm not gay. I'm just here because my girl asked me to come" wouldn't stop them from pushing the issue. Swear they look at you like a challenge in this town. But I digress.

Naw, my slime right. gay cats in the A are OVER AGGRESSIVE.... but i guess thats just Atl, moving from there to Denver, Co i see a HUGE Difference in how not just gay ppl but normally ppl approach ppl. 90% in the A you gotta be damn near OVER Confident to get attention here it aint always like that. ppl here way more lax. Also there is WAY LESS gay cats, OPEN or DL. str8 up. to OP, cant nobody speak for what you know/witness daily. i know the skinny on the A. lol ATL has PUSHY GAY cats. its kinda like when you meet a chick at the club/bar/etc and you push the enevlope to hit that that night...imagine a gay cat coming at you with the same tactics u use to smash girls same night/next day/etc being used on u!????? ITS CRAY

from the original post:

Asks you to go out with her to a gay club/bar. You will probably get hit on by guys, but she insists she wants to go to a place where she can go to just enjoy music, dance, and not worry about getting hit on when you're at the bathroom.

Do you go with her?

I read it as:
1. SHE wants to go to a gay bar.
2. SHE wants to bring you (supposedly a heterosexual man).
3. SHE says you (the supposedly heterosexual man) will probably get hit on by guys (while you're at the bathroom).

4. Knowing 1, 2 and 3, does the supposedly heterosexual man go to the gay bar / club?

SO I'm saying UNLESS the supposedly heterosexual man is insecure about his sexuality, then it shouldn't be a big deal (going to a gay bar / club as a heterosexual male) . . .

If the woman is comfortable and wants to go, then I don't think she's insecure about her sexuality. This post is about whether the supposedly heterosexual male should go to the gay bar and not about the woman, right (because they woman already wants to go?

Lets simplify the situations. She doesn't want to be hit on, so she sends you to go be hit on. Not cool. Why doesn't she want to be hit on? The same reason why hetero dudes don't want to be hit on in a gay club.

Sexuality has nothing to do with it, its the principle.

Lets simplify the situations. She doesn't want to be hit on, so she sends you to go be hit on. Not cool. Why doesn't she want to be hit on? The same reason why hetero dudes don't want to be hit on in a gay club.

Sexuality has nothing to do with it, its the principle.

ha, yeah, you're hit on . . . so what . . . just be flattered . . .

went to a party with one of my homegirls and wasn't told prior.

dude asked if he dated and i said nah, he said "good, i was trying to get at you anyway"

later tells my friend I look delicious.

:{

This is an intriguing topic being that my girlfriend works in a salon with/run by a majority gay population...for the past 15 years. Obviously, when we got together I was included in these events, parties, shows, etc. For the most part, gay men are much more forward about their wants, but MOST won't act on it. They simply have no filter, which is really whatever to me since they are just words. Lesbians, for the most part, will just hate from a distance...again I am
roll.gif
the entire time.

However, there are more than a few "queens" running around with money and think that is the only obstacle to get past. We were at an event last weekend for a charity. On the ride in the elevator leaving, there was one of these "queens" and his "boyfriend". The queen looks at my girlfriend, looks at me, and says "You have nice breasts!" as he grazes my chest. In respect for her, I did not react the way I naturally lean to (break his hand) but replied with, "Um, ok.". Getting outside, the queen's boyfriend started asking very politely about my tie (raw silk RL). The queen immediately interrupts and starts asking his boyfriend if him touching me hurt his feelings. My girlfriend and I walk to the valet to get in the car. I was buzzing, so she drove. As we get in, he yells "I see who is riding *****!".

I have thick skin most times. One thing I cannot stand is utter, blatant disrespect. I mentioned this as we drove away along with the reason why I didn't say anything/smash faces was I didn't want to be disrespectful to one of the head members of the charity. She understood but told me no matter where, what, when, if something like that happens again, I have free reign
eek.gif

I have learned that if a gay man/woman makes their intentions known, and you shut them down, most will stop. Just think how it would feel trying to talk to a chick and getting shut down before it begins...same ****.
Yo...I heard the same thing. Thats pretty funny how "common" that tends to be. 
roll.gif

If I'm with my girl, I'll go, why not?

If a dude tries to spit game on me on some, "You got beautiful eyes, homie, what's your name?", I'd be like, "That depends...you buying me a drink?"

I'mma get free drinks all night, with the added safety of my girl being with me to make sure I don't get date-rape-drugged and dragged away to bathroom stall/alley way.

What are ya'll afraid of? Might catch the "gay"? Ya'll know you don't have to have sex with someone just because they complimented you/bought you a drink, right?

If a dude tries to spit game on me on some, "You got beautiful eyes, homie, what's your name?", I'd be like, "That depends...you buying me a drink?"
I'mma get free drinks all night, with the added safety of my girl being with me to make sure I don't get date-rape-drugged and dragged away to bathroom stall/alley way.

Word?

I've gone to a gay club before and it was cool I had fun with my chick. Most of the guys are actually a lot more foreword than you'd like but overall respectful and really cool. Would I do it again? Ya I would, my girls gay friends are cool and our conversations are always great and they never make me feel uncomfortable.

If I'm with my girl, sure, why not. Gay people don't bother me.

I did go to a gay spot in VA on accident once. I was with my homeboys though. Very awkward. Once we realized what was going on we dipped the hell out :lol

Wait...so dudes is really saying they'd flirt with gay dudes..in a gay club, for the sake of getting free drinks?

Seriously?.... That's what we do in 2012?.....Wow.

Do you go with her? 8o
makes no sense, *****s go just as hard and are even more aggressive

Plus, sometimes if you're not having fun they'll tell you that you seem a little "too uncomfortable." I went with my friends to a drag show once and it was cool, but  it just wasn't that great. I just didn't see the appeal. Everything was really corny  and they seemed like they were trying too hard, but they said I looked like I had something to hide...and that just pissed me off even more so it looked like I hated being there when in fact, I was just unimpressed.  

I would also make sure you and your girl are on solid terms about what ya'll are doing. She should care about how comfortable you feel being there. I don't think you're closed-minded, but its not bad to have a reasonable set of expectations that she has to respect when you go with her. 

My point is, if you're not going in with a good attitude or super enthusiastic, you might not enjoy it.
LMAO, talk about a misunderstanding

Back
Top Bottom