Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

I could save myself over $100 (that was as of yesterday) if I fly United at the end of March vs. Delta, which prompted me to ask in the first place. About a 4-5 hour flight but would be early AM or evening so in reality I'm likely to fall asleep + Netflix on iPad.
My tie breaker is usually 1) if it's a direct flight or not 2) ease of upgrade (even to econ premium)...
I've done plenty of redeyes and both were fine...econ/premium econ on the Delta bird was more comfortable. Business class on United was worth the $200 I paid to upgrade to ensure I could sleep comfortably.

Going to London, Paris and Barcelona in May. Any recommendations?

Go to Bunker Del Carmel and bring a bottle of wine and food and watch the sunset with everyone.

95e0403a14b2fcf1d04297583270890f.jpg

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...ws-Bunker_del_Carmel-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

I don't know why but I thought that was the coolest trip to me in Barcelona just cause so many people were up there and it was a nice day and the vibes were cool. And eat late every night at Barcelona. It's customary to do so there but since I am a night owl in general, it worked perfectly where you can just drink and eat all night long.

Planning to head back out to Japan again in September and November this year.

I didn't get to go to Osaka and Kyoto last September so I'm planning to hit both up these two times around.

I may do Paris/Copenhagen in April.

-Drew

Enjoying my time out here in Paris. Day 4 got 3 more days and already seen all the touristy places.

Notre Dame
Sacré-Cœur
Eiffel Tower
Sainte-Chapelle
Louvre Pyramid
Mona Lisa
Galeries Lafayette
Arc de Triomphe

Anymore im missing?

Think these last couple days ima see about places to eat...

Enjoying my time out here in Paris. Day 4 got 3 more days and already seen all the touristy places.

Notre Dame
Sacré-Cœur
Eiffel Tower
Sainte-Chapelle
Louvre Pyramid
Mona Lisa
Galeries Lafayette
Arc de Triomphe

Anymore im missing?

Versailles Palace
Jardín du Luxembourg
Moulin Rouge
Tuileries Garden

Notre Dame
Sacré-Cœur
Eiffel Tower
Sainte-Chapelle
Louvre Pyramid
Mona Lisa
Galeries Lafayette
Arc de Triomphe

Anymore im missing?

Watch the sunset on top of the montparnasse tower

Not on vacation, but in Boston for the weekend. What’s a must do out here in Beantown?
I really like Barcelona Wine Bar in the South End for tapas. Every dish there is on point. Love me some albondigas.

Near there, it's closed RN but you can hit Blackbird for doughnuts tomorrow AM.

Notre Dame
Sacré-Cœur
Eiffel Tower
Sainte-Chapelle
Louvre Pyramid
Mona Lisa
Galeries Lafayette
Arc de Triomphe

Anymore im missing?

Enjoy, man.

Definitely gotta check out d'Orsay. I actually like it better than the more famous Louvre. Parc des Princes if you're a football fan. PSG is gearing up to host MU for their CL fixture on Wednesday. Versailles is 12+ miles from the center of Paris, but totally worth the visit. Some shopping along Champs-Elysees. I also think the Latin Quarter is dope, unique. In the fifth and sixth arrondissements.

Gonna hit you and others in this thread with our food list accumulated over two years. Since Paris is such a popular destination in here, like Barca.

for those who've been to rome ... would you suggest buying the vatican / coliseum tour online?

Planning to head back out to Japan again in September and November this year.

I didn't get to go to Osaka and Kyoto last September so I'm planning to hit both up these two times around.

I may do Paris/Copenhagen in April.

-Drew

Heading to Shanghai for a couple days (doing the 72 hour transit visa) then heading to Japan. Going to stay mostly in Kansai then end back in Tokyo to catch up with friends and fam. Unfortunately going tduring golden week so hopefully its not too hectic.

Will do! Let's see how long my 6 y/o will hold up :rofl:

also going to Venice, wifey has the Gondola rides on her list to do - is that really necessary? Got a cool Airbnb right near St Marks ... will also be in Florence as well ... tbh dreading all the walking and sightseeing.

Will do! Let's see how long my 6 y/o will hold up :rofl:

also going to Venice, wifey has the Gondola rides on her list to do - is that really necessary? Got a cool Airbnb right near St Marks ... will also be in Florence as well ... tbh dreading all the walking and sightseeing.

Also something to consider is when youre going..some parts of the vatican arent AC, i went in april so i was fine, but the tour guide said it can get musty lol. Personally I would skip the Gondola but just roaming the streets and alleys in Venice was really cool. Italy in general is just one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited..

When we did Italy, we did first two weeks in May and it was perfect weather wise. Couldn't imagine it in say July.

Florence is so awesome; our air b n b/ vrbo there was amazing...I wish I could go back.

My in-laws did Venice; we opted out of that trip.

We went - Vatican City; Rome; Siena; Florence; Cinque Terre; Lake Como then onto Switzerland.

Back
Top Bottom