Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Real talk, y’all think india is safe Covid wise? Trying to get my dad to retire (62, on blood pressure meds, overweight) He’s got his sister and brother there. He’s got a place that’s paid off too and it’s close to fam. I’m just worried. They’re all saying it’s safe, nothing to worry about, but they all got it and the ppl over there don’t care at all. So that’s how they’re lookin it at. Idk if this is the right place to post it.

I’m really the only one being anxious about it and he listens to me the most lol.

(I’d be going too and I’d end up doing an online masters while there. Then we’d probably both come back here for a bit and just bounce around. I’m not abondoning my dad or tryna push him out if that’s what it sounded like Lolol. )

It is - was there a few months back and heading back in 3 weeks. How can I help?

Any tips advices on carnival cruise
If you drink alcohol don't buy the unlimited drink package. It's only like 15 drinks per day which are probably watered down. Instead, order a large bottle of your alcohol of choice in your room (you can do this on the boat from your room or on the website store prior). The bottle will be pricey but it's huge. You're allowed to bring 1 12-pack of soda per person on the boat so there's your mixer. Pack a couple tumbler cups and voila, you just saved on liquor.

If you want to hit the pool and get a beach chair on the main deck, go early. Same thing with the hot tubs.

I know I asked already, but any other tips for Mexico City?

I think I'm gonna book an Airbnb like this:

Prob stick to the Polanco area. Hit some museums, the castle, restaurants over in that area. Rent a bike and ride around to see some different areas.
i was there in Feb and ill be going back for labor day wknd
no safety issues, but things can change in an instant with all the cartel uproar the past few weeks in Juarez, and Tijuana

there is def lots to do
teotihuacan pyramids
palacio de bellas artes
xochimilco
frida kahlo museum
lucha libre shows
estadio azteca (America soccer)
chapultelpec castle
el zocalo
various mercados in all the neighborhoods

ive always done airbnb and had no issues

ill be in the staying in the condesa area this time around, otherwise id be in coyoacan area
paseo de la reforma shuts down on sundays, think about doing a bike tour

paseo de la reforma shuts down on sundays, think about doing a bike tour

Thanks. Like an actual tour that you pay for, and they show you different sites / facts? Or just rent a bike and freestyle it?

Thinking I'm going to hit Palacio de Bellas Artes, and at least one other museum. Not sure which museums are the best / worth seeing, as there are quite a few mostly in the same area:
- Museo Nacional de Antropologia
- Museo Nacional de Historia, Chapultepec Castle
- Museo Soumaya-Casa Guillermo Tovar de Teresa
- Museo Soumaya
- Museo de Historia Natural

I'll only have Thursday night (arriving in Mexico City after the work portion of the trip), all day Friday and Saturday, and then head out around 3pm on Sunday.

Was thinking of going to a Lucha Libre match on Friday night at Arena Mexico. Do you think my gringo *** will stick out too much down there?

It is - was there a few months back and heading back in 3 weeks. How can I help?
Solid man. I guess, what’s the Covid scene like? Safe to take and elder and live there? I know pollution and all that isn’t great but my dad will be legit happy retiring there right next to his brother and sister. I’ll be with him too, while finishing up an online masters. Delhi specifically. I’m just worried about his safety, Covid wise.

He grew up in Delhi and knows the ins and outs, and was visiting often before Covid.

Restaurants:
Mila - one of the best restaurants I been to
Kiki on the River - upscale seafood party vibe
Hua Huas - love their tacos, good spot for lunch

Bars:
Bodega - go early to get name on list or get bottles. But I like this spot. Good music good crowd not pretentious.

E11even - 24 hours strip club/party club pretty much a must if you’re with boys. Go early (10-11pm) to get stamped or else expect to wait in line for hours

Wynwood - the area is very artsy/hipster but they have good bars and chill spots too to check out
Did both of these as well as a number of other bars and food spots.

First time out there and it was great. Relaxed, smoked, ate, drank and site saw.

Wildest take away was me and the main were on the beach at about 4am smoking and relaxing. We look back and there was a dude rubbing one of our on ft 🤦🏽‍♂️. I know he definitely saw people were around but clearly no dambs given.

We’ll be doing New Orleans for Halloween. Never been and would love any recommendations on bars/food/night life/scenery from anyone

In the Q Suite en route back to Doha - Qatar Air > Emirates

image.jpg

Grine Grine I do this trip once a quarter and ONLY on Qatar in the QSuite- service is AMAZING. They recently surpassed Emirates for best business class experience

I may do this next year when I make my Umrah. I see they fly out of ORD, IAD, ATL.

I see American Airlines are introducing their new suites:

Next month, I'll be heading to Madrid for a couple of days then I'll be heading to Morocco for 2 weeks.

What area did you stay in? How long?

Stayed in Condesa. I was only in the city Thursday through Sunday, following a work trip in a different city.

Definitely want to get back at some point, there is so much to see / do. My coworkers that live there were saying there are over 100 museums alone (if you are into that) in the city.

if anyone is going to Japan and has an iPhone, you can load up money on your Suica card in Apple Wallet before going to Japan.

The yen is weak right now so you can take advantage of that. However Visa is having issues. I hear it only works with mastercard or amex.

loaded up 10k yen on mine for $69 using mastercard

Back
Top Bottom