Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

Spent the extended weekend in Sedona and Flagstaff, it changed my life 🤣🤣🤣

I never knew how much Sedona had to offer. We did several hikes and I had a major moment Friday where I was afraid to continue on a climb that was a little dicey, and I said I wanted to stop and said I can’t do that.

Some wonderful human came down from the top and was so kind, and his pep talk convinced me to go the rest of the way. I loved it so much we went back again on Sunday.

What a weekend.

You ain’t lyin man! Every time I get back from vacation I say to myself, “there’s no way I’ll be able to do this in my 50’s and 60’s!!!”

Traveling is hard on the body. I know there’s retired people out there that couldn’t travel when they were younger because they couldn’t miss work or didn’t have the funds. I pray for them all

i think i’ll be fine traveling when i’m old. it’s being young and having life obligations that gets me. Like coming back and having to go to work the next day it’s so bad. And you’re on jet lag and got a million backlog emails to go through. makes me never want to leave for longer a 3 day weekend. i really need like 4 days when i get back to just shut down i always get sick from these long flights.

I was lucky enough to visit New Zealand and Australia last year for the Womens World Cup (soccer). Catching a show at the Sydney Opera House was a bucket list experience for me.

Here’s a decent pic I snapped on my phone, with the Sydney bridge to the left and opera house to the right. Check it out on landscape mode. It was a magical night!

IMG_5395.jpeg

Interesting… Did a long weekend in Toronto and didn’t notice any bad energy. Wife and I are Black and we traveled with an Indian couple ironically. Even went to this high-end mall so he could buy his wife a bag. Salesperson was super cool, sampled all their colognes and talked about traveling :lol:. I’d definitely go back for an event. Honestly never felt more safe in a major city walking around at 2am.

Yeah maybe I just had a bad experience. I made the mistake of going to a couple spots on King Street W that just seemed off. The food was on point though

Took a day trip to San Diego yesterday.

The weather was great. Beautiful scenery. Saw some sea lions. Food was meh. Don’t see the hype about In n Out (taste like a Sonic burgers).

IMG_5218.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg
IMG_2849.jpeg
IMG_5222.jpeg

This is worst cookie place I’ve ever eaten. Smh.

IMG_5225.jpeg

Last edited:

I never knew how much Sedona had to offer. We did several hikes and I had a major moment Friday where I was afraid to continue on a climb that was a little dicey, and I said I wanted to stop and said I can’t do that.

Some wonderful human came down from the top and was so kind, and his pep talk convinced me to go the rest of the way. I loved it so much we went back again on Sunday.

What a weekend.
Sedona was unique and Flagstaff caught me off guard, I had no idea that it was a college town. Also, I expected it to be blazing hot and it was actually raining.

Went on a mountain biking trip to Santa Cruz a few weeks ago. Cool little town, the weather was refreshing.

Heading to Austin this week with the bros. I was there for a bachelor party 6-7 years ago, but not sure what we are gonna get into this time.

Anyone ever done a river float or anything on the water?

Went on a mountain biking trip to Santa Cruz a few weeks ago. Cool little town, the weather was refreshing.

Heading to Austin this week with the bros. I was there for a bachelor party 6-7 years ago, but not sure what we are gonna get into this time.

Anyone ever done a river float or anything on the water?

Just floated for a bachelor party actually

Has anyone here been to Mexico City? Just booked an impromptu trip with a good friend to visit our friend who lives there in late July. Our friend there is a native so can be our guide but just wanted to see what others did while there. My buddy and I, both late 30s, are into hiking, happy hours, sports, sightseeing like pyramids/ruins, some nightlife and walking around the city. Was doing some light research yesterday and the canal in Xochimilco sounded interesting. Any tips or experiences y'all had there would be much appreciated.

We are only going to be there for four nights so just looking for daily activities.

Also can't wait for weather to get warmer here in the PNW for some lazy river floating this summer. My friends and I have our own innertubes so bring at least two cars, one to start off at dropoff, then carpool back to starting point to pump up tubes. Usually bring some light beers as one friend had a rough experience years ago when hard alcohol was involved. The main spot we go to is a blast as it has a rope swing at the halfway point down the river and also this cool balancing log you can walk on and jump off when you reach the end of it.

Also can't wait for weather to get warmer here in the PNW for some lazy river floating this summer. My friends and I have our own innertubes so bring at least two cars, one to start off at dropoff, then carpool back to starting point to pump up tubes. Usually bring some light beers as one friend had a rough experience years ago when hard alcohol was involved. The main spot we go to is a blast as it has a rope swing at the halfway point down the river and also this cool balancing log you can walk on and jump off when you reach the end of it.

Where do y’all go? Ten day looks good!

Got Portugal in 3 weeks and then Poland, Korea and Singapore for work all before August 1st

Where do y’all go? Ten day looks good!

Got Portugal in 3 weeks and then Poland, Korea and Singapore for work all before August 1st
Generally go on the Snoqualmie River in Fall City. Might also try out the Skykomish river this summer. I've also done Yakima river and Green river but those are farther from me. We usually don't go til late June and on days where it's at least near 80 degrees as the rivers here don't warm up too much even mid summer.

Enjoy your travels and be safe, even if it's for work that still sounds like a fun time. I've never been to any of those 4 countries.

What a weekend.
Glad my talk about how CRT and Wokeism inspired you. It inspired me too

Had the chance to go to Portugal in February but decided not to, been regretting it since :lol: maybe one day

Yall do a lot of traveling. After south korea and washington DC i’m good. Just want my own bed and my boring suburbs for a while

Portugal was cool. I expected it to be more like Spain, but it was quite different. Wish we would have had more free time in Lisbon to explore. I’d go back, but I think I definitely prefer Spain.

If you go to Porto you have to check out the beautiful McDonald’s.

Portugal was cool. I expected it to be more like Spain, but it was quite different. Wish we would have had more free time in Lisbon to explore. I’d go back, but I think I definitely prefer Spain.

If you go to Porto you have to check out the beautiful McDonald’s.

Man I just love Porto -

I’ll always live in major cities but as I get older it’s nice to spend more time in the countryside

When you getting to Seattle?

Man I just love Porto -

I’ll always live in major cities but as I get older it’s nice to spend more time in the countryside

When you getting to Seattle?
We have an acquisition in the area planned for later this year, but not sure if I’ll be going out there for it yet. Going to be spending a bulk of the second half of the year in Connecticut.

We have an acquisition in the area planned for later this year, but not sure if I’ll be going out there for it yet. Going to be spending a bulk of the second half of the year in Connecticut.

Tell them you know me and the exec team needs to make an exception

Let me know if you need anything in gun wavin New Haven!

Back
Top Bottom