Your Next Vacation Destination.....?

My girl and I are planning a beach trip from summer 2014. I'm thinking Myrtle beach because my uncle has a beach house down there and he would rent it out to me for a pretty low price. I'd guess around $500 for a week. :pimp:

I want to go when tourism is at a low point in the summer though. Any suggestions?

I love to Snowboard so flying from LA to Vancouver/Whistler Jan 9-15 then flying from Vancouver to Jackson Hole, WY Jan 15-19 before flying back to LA. This Vacation is strictly about improving my backcountry riding abilities. Pretty excited.
I too will be making my yearly Jackson Hole trip with my brother at some point this winter - probably late january/early february.

Is this your first time going to Jackson?

That's why I asked...I'm assuming that he is Canadian. Is it possible for us folks in the states to go?
@CJ003  , I've heard it's gotten better, but still difficult. There are instances where Americans go from the States to Canada to Cuba. However, I can't tell you more than that. Don't have much knowledge on it. Sorry I couldn't help much. 

My girl and I are planning a beach trip from summer 2014. I'm thinking Myrtle beach because my uncle has a beach house down there and he would rent it out to me for a pretty low price. I'd guess around $500 for a week.
pimp.gif

I want to go when tourism is at a low point in the summer though. Any suggestions?
Me and SteelCity412 go to Myrtle Beach during the summer. Haven't gone the past 2 years I think? Its pretty nice we always go in August, we have been pretty lucky and had nice weather the 7 or 8 years we went in a row. I don't think its ever too bad when we go its a good bit of people but not a ghost town like whenever I went one year in April with my girlfriend and her family. Pretty sure I read a while back that August and September are the least crowded for the summer compared to June and July but holidays are probably pretty packed like the 4th of July, Labor Day and even bike week. The link below is a pretty nice place with shops and restaurants.

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

My girl and I are planning a beach trip from summer 2014. I'm thinking Myrtle beach because my uncle has a beach house down there and he would rent it out to me for a pretty low price. I'd guess around $500 for a week. :pimp:

Me and SteelCity412 go to Myrtle Beach during the summer. Haven't gone the past 2 years I think? Its pretty nice we always go in August, we have been pretty lucky and had nice weather the 7 or 8 years we went in a row. I don't think its ever too bad when we go its a good bit of people but not a ghost town like whenever I went one year in April with my girlfriend and her family. Pretty sure I read a while back that August and September are the least crowded for the summer compared to June and July but holidays are probably pretty packed like the 4th of July, Labor Day and even bike week. The link below is a pretty nice place with shops and restaurants.

http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I'm not new to the area though :lol: I have gone a few times with my immediate family. It's really nice in Sept. with only residents coming down there. But with graduation being in May, and then college coming up at the end of the summer it's not really an option. So any time between the end of May and august would be the only option. Based on what you said though I'll probably grab the place towards the beginning of August.

Thanks again!

planning on spending a weekend in mammoth in january

then going to spain and the netherlands in late july for ~2 weeks.

then miami in august

:smokin

Last edited:
I too will be making my yearly Jackson Hole trip with my brother at some point this winter - probably late january/early february.

Is this your first time going to Jackson?

Yeah it is. Any tips? I'm staying at the Hostel in Teton Village. Places to eat? Nightlife? Best runs on the resort?

Anyone here been to Croatia? I really want to go to Dubrovnik and maybe squeeze in some Italian cities on the same vacation.

Croatia is incredibly beautiful, not that touristy yet and very affordable. However, Id advise to spend only one day in Dubrovnik because if Croatia has a tourist trap, then it would be this. Best thing about Dubrovnik is that you can swim and cliff dive right near the old city walls. If you're going to Croatia, def go to the islands though especially Hvar but there are dozens of other island gems like Pag. They also have some amazing national parks with unforgettable scenery. Split is probably the best city to start.

@wsdesigner14

Last edited:
Has anyone been to New Orleans and not during mardi gra? Is it worth going to just for a casual visit?

Has anyone been to New Orleans and not during mardi gra? Is it worth going to just for a casual visit?

Yes. Its worth it. I've been for NYE 2 out of the last 4 years. Bourbon Street is always live. Depending on when you go you can check out a Pelican or Saints game as well.

Should i spend more days in London or Paris?

When your're in Paris, you MUST do the Fat Tire Bike tour at night.

I did not think I would like Paris, but this tour by itself was one of the main highlights of my Euro trip.

Riding your bike through the whole city, through the Louvre, etc. at night is so :smokin :pimp:

Our dollar is soooooo **** , compared to the pound right now
I would say London, but if you're trying to spend less then idkkkk

Back
Top Bottom