Your Opinion , Best " Leader " .... Any Sport .. Alltime .......

onewearz wrote:

brian-dawkins-denver-broncos.jpg

wooooo

NooEra:
'Alan' Iverson though? Real life?
My bad.
laugh.gif
It's this damn 'talk your message' thing. It does the same thing with Kobe, too; always types out Coby, and I have to correct it. Well when it hears 'Allen', it types out 'Alan'. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Coaches are a whole different list and level
When I think of leaders I think of leaders. Coaches, players, all can be leaders. But I get what you are saying.

True but I think coaches are the ultimate leaders of teams. They set the standard and identity of a team almost all the time

1. Michael Jordan
bulls_display_image.jpg

2. Magic

Los-Angeles-Lakers-32-Magic-Johnson-Basketball-Jersey.jpg

3. Dawkins

6a012875949499970c012875951704970c-320wi

I wish Dawkins was a Giant, one of my all-time favorite players. Every time I hear this guy talk I want to run 100 miles, bench press 500 pounds and fight Mike Tyson 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. Dude gets me super amped. 

Great one with Avery.

I really don't think of Jordan as being a great leader. Yes his teams won and he was a dog but leader? I prefer my leaders to not be so damn negative and from what I heard about the dude, he wasn't positive. But I am only going on second hand info.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Great one with Avery.

I really don't think of Jordan as being a great leader. Yes his teams won and he was a dog but leader? I prefer my leaders to not be so damn negative and from what I heard about the dude, he wasn't positive. But I am only going on second hand info.
I think that was true about him prior to his first retirement but from what I have read after he came back from Baseball he was a better teammate and leader. To your point though does it mean that being an a-hole disqualifies you from being a leader? Fear is a great motivator and his teammates definitely feared him.

Ray Lewis was the first name. He just makes me feel like he puts 100% on the field so I better put 101% so I don't look foolish

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Great one with Avery.

I think that was true about him prior to his first retirement but from what I have read after he came back from Baseball he was a better teammate and leader. To your point though does it mean that being an a-hole disqualifies you from being a leader? Fear is a great motivator and his teammates definitely feared him.
I know but me personally (not the gospel) I would rather have a Tebow than a Kobe. Let the coach be the "negative" one.

laugh.gif

OK, seriously talking about leaders, motivators, and respected people in sports, here are my picks:

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

One of the most iconic pics in NY Sports history....featuring none other than one of the BEST captains to ever play the game, Mark Messier

msjh2g.png
excluding those putrid years in vancouver, absolutely

My list in no particular order:

Ray
Brees
Lombardi
KG
Montana
Manning
Coach K(dislike Duke immensely btw)
Jeter
Lidstrom