Your Personal Top 10 SG Rankings

Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Its cool to be a Nets fan, but you can't be blind either. Vince!? No way. He's not even top 10. He's a fadeaway 3 point shooter nowadays. Iverson being anywhere higher than 9 is ludicrous. But this is America as Frank Lucas would say.
Not top 10? Wheres that cocaine you speak of
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

If you say hes just a fadeaway 3 point shooter, then you haven't watched much of him this season Im assuming. He's proved both last season &this he can still put up good numbers & compete with any SG in the league, imo. He's been clutch & helped lead the team, he's been taking itto the basket this season as well (not just shooting like you said) & has put up numbers that you can compare with many other SG's, I don't see howthat's a reach with placing him that high.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

You REALLY believe that Manu is more important to the spurs than Tony Parker?

Scratch that, I already asked that...

You REALLY believe that Manu "outplays" Tony when healthy??? Really???
The Spurs are +15 when Duncan is on the floor, +8 when Manu is on the court and + 5 when Parker is on the court.

But never mind the stats for a sec this is the same Tony Parker who's jump shot disappears from time to time making him almost useless., the same TonyParker who for a point guard is a below average passer, and the same Tony Parker who I'm sure even Popavich would admit is a just an alright defender.
laugh.gif

Manu>Parker.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

If Manu played as many minutes as they did he would outscore both of them
But he doesn't.

I figured you would say that. It's probably true, but still, he doesn't.

That's like me saying Chris Andersen is better than, I don't know, Emeka Okafor, because he plays probably 15 less minutes per, and would produce similar numbers if he got similar minutes. You just can't really do that.

I don't think that's the same though. Chris Anderson plays like 15 minutes a game where he goes full throttle for every second. The gapbetween Joe and Manu isn't as drastic.

kobe
wade
joe johnson
roy

every one else

and no way is kevin martin better than VC.
other than score and get hurt, what does kevin martin do?

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Brandon Roy is definitely better than Joe Johnson.
Manu Ginobli is better than Joe Johnson.

Huh???
I've already given my explanation, If you think I'm wrong fine but I rebuttal would probably communicate your opinion better than huh.

People always look at the current season statistics to make statements like these. Joe Johnson is having a down season by his standards but I don't see how you can make those statements overall.
Joe Johnson has been playing in up tempo offences his entire career. In an offences that created more possession and thus more chances to score.

This is a situations where I think PER is a really good stat becuase it adjust for tempo, so players like Joe don't get their stats inflated. Using PER we can see that Joe Johnsons highest PER was 19.5 Manu Ginoblis highest PER was 24.3 not to mention the fact that Manu is a much better defender.So even with this down year that he is having he has not produced as much as Manu at any point in his career.

People need to realize that Allen Iverson isn't Allen Iverson anymore. He is just not.

the hawks arent an uptempo team. their entire offense is created by joe or bibby in the halfcourt

Granger plays the 3...as for VC i just dont think hes top 10. But I wont disagree with anyone putting him in there anymore. Its not like hes 14 or 15 so maybeit aint cocaine...just piff.

As for Manu and TP, as a Spurs fan i can tell you this they are both equally important. TD 50, Manu 25, TP 25. If we had Manu in last years Conf Finals healthywe would've won the game we choked in Game 1 and finished the Lakers in 6. God knows we would've whipped Bostons behind just like we would've Miamithe year Manu stupidly fouled dirk.

Bean
DWade
BeeeRoyyyy
Joe Johnson
Manu
Iverson
Jesus
Rip Hamilton
Vince Carter
T-Mac
Redd
Ovinton J'Anthony
pimp.gif

Manu is soft, I would take joe any day over him hell he can't stay healthy, if he's on the list then tmac should be on the list because he is worthy oftop 10 maybe top 5 when healthy, and bradon Roy is not better than joe, but maybe I'm bias since I'm from Atlanta LOL

Back
Top Bottom