Your Thoughts??

i only cop the old schools and retros. coppin all the cdps and new schools really dont mean a lot. you must know your knowledge and your history( OG or Retros) to me. i hate it when my friends always making comments about my originals and other peoples originals, but dont know the history behind them. rock what youlike. im just expressing my opinions.

what constitutes being a "real collector"? is it the quantity of kicks you have? exclusivity of kicks you have?

Originally Posted by Acccord

d0njaye wrote:
who has the right to judge who is a "real" collector and who is not? everybody has a different opinion of what a "sneakerhead" is anyways.

just do you.
I agree...I like what I like ...I don't consider myself any type of shoe collector I just buy what I like

Co-sign but i luv j's more than other shoes so i buy'em

You cant say to someone that theyre not a sneakerhead just because they might not have a lot of jays or know the histpry of them all. I mean for all you knowthey could be living off of 15 grand a year and might not be able to buy what they want so copping the 11 and 12 pack because thats what they like best doesntreally make them a hypebeast.

as long as you do what you want I think youre safe haha

i buy sneakers that i like, and then i wear them
alien.gif

i will admit i do only have the cdps. i thought it was a good way to start my collection. have all 23 pairs in 1 year! Then after that start buying retros. idont consider myself a hypebeast. i consider myself and established 19 year old who can afford it now. hypebeast is a word for haters

i buy what i like and i wear them. i don't have any shoes "stored". and if im low on budget, i pass because i don't want to regret buyingshoes when i'm tight on money. i may not have all the shoes, but i do know my history on them and their relation to MJ and i know the certain releases andcolorways and etc. so i dont think im a hypebeast, sneakerhead, "true" collector etc..just one of my many hobbies.

As a long time collector i can apprec qualiy and history toward a shoe. One theroy i never thought of struck me when i was in a foot locker. I saw i young kidabout the age of 14 buying shoes he had saved all his working money and allowence (im asuming) inorder to buy every CDP they had. He said wow now i can feelwhat you guys felt, talking to his dad. I think that subconciously the CDP were desinged not only for the 23 count down but also for people to own a peice ofhistory. This is prb the only time within a three year period someone a kid who might of missed out cause he was to young or not born yet to own every jordan.Just a thought... sorry for the long post

Originally Posted by Acccord

With all the release this year anyone could became and instant sneakerhead or Jordan head in an instant. Does that bother ant of the real collector's ?
Jordans = no.
SB Dunks/Blazers = Yes.

I don't even consider them sneakerheads, but that's what they call themselves when they cop a lot of SB's.
It kinda bothers me a little bit, but at the end of the day I know who's the real deal and who's the Hypebeast.

who defines what a sneakerhead is? if you collect sneakers of any kind shouldn't you be a sneakerhead? i think you should. ' the cdp's are greatfor people who didn't get a shoe the first time or the second time and sometimes 3rd time around. it's a chance for those peeps to grab something theymissed out on or maybe were to young to copp when the shoes dropped before. personally i have only got 2 cdp's and that is prolly all i will copp. and ionly got one of those cdp's because i wanted the iv's because my 99 retro's got stolen.

dont bother me none. there money they can do what they want dont mean nothing.

Like others have wrote I feel you have to have a sense of history and knowledge of the shoes. Ex. bow wow ( Not Hating) he has a lot of shoes
but when he does his videos he shows that he doesnt know a lot of info on the shoes he presents other than the 6 six and him saying they stupid. lol.
I know I'm not one because i dont have the shoe and i can use some more knowledge but hopefully one day i will get there lol.

Originally Posted by mrflightclub23

Originally Posted by retrourfeet

What!!!!!!!! No I dont think that cop'n all this years release make you a "sneaker-head". It a hella good start, but I believe its more than that. Knowing your history on the shoes and appreciating it and the design , making the connects to get the one you want etc. Is all part of that, so for someone to collect all this years release will be considered a "hypebeast" imo
eyes.gif

Couldn't have said it any better

Lol.... Sometimes people mistaken reseller as "collector".
Well, anyway, this topic just reminded me of SneakGeekZ. What's his effect towards you?

Originally Posted by mst9023

i dont care if people have my j's as long as i got mine

^^^i agree 100%... i just hate them cats that front like theyve been in the game for MAD years and barely jumped aboard.

Originally Posted by indohan

Lol.... Sometimes people mistaken reseller as "collector".
Well, anyway, this topic just reminded me of SneakGeekZ. What's his effect towards you?

sneakgeekz is viewed differently by different people. probably as a collector that got his connections, or a shoehead that jus cops cuz of hype and doesnt knowwhat he's doing, or someone thats jus raising the unnecessary hype, or a helpful person that can provide early looks on upcoming releases. but hedoesn't affect me, shoe game will still be the same with or without him.

Originally Posted by 3thaman

Listen, I'm not saying this smart or anything but I just want the classics done right. I don't buy so I can impress the girls or be the first one in on monday at school with the latest limited release. I just want what I had growing up in it's original form with good quality, I don't care if they release 10 gazillion as long as I get mine. I don't wear Jordans for anyone else except myself.

An example, I put alot of time and money into aquiring these and there by far my favorite shoe.

313120190.jpg

So when I heard they were coming out in the CDP I was pissed. Not because they were being released again but because they were butchered. I don't care if everyone on earth had a pair as long they are done right.
wink.gif

QFMFT

I don't have a problem with newbie Jordanheads. It's the certain newbies that have a lack of knowledge and refusing to educate themselves about whatthe shoe is about. The past, the history, the meaning and the sole entire purpose of a basketball shoe. OG is OG. Retros are retros. 99 IV's and 2000V's are not OGs just because NA is on there dammit.

I also have a problem with those people who just buy the latest J's out there and mainly because, so they can match their gear and create a "nicefit". By doing so, you never even UN-DSed the shoes and will probably do the same thing months later. (you know who you are in the WDYWT and J edition)

Another example is that thread about the gatorade VI's. How many posts from newbie NTers saying "copped"? The final cw isn't even officiallyannounced nor that there aren't any leaked pics. How are they instantly "copped"?
laugh.gif

no price on the kicks you truly love is expensive if you really loved the shoes.

you can have one pair of kicks or a thousand. What seperates the true sneaker enthusist from the rest is knowledge.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Thats what happened to me

What happend?
Bought all shoes this year and now hypebeast/ or sneakerhead
eyes.gif

I didnt buy every sheo this year. I bought a few plus a couple from the past years. Plus how does that make me a Hypbeast?

because you unconditionally like every JB hybrid? And I have never seen a post from you stating negatives about JB. Or posting "pass" or "notfeeling em". You actually think JB is headed in a good direction from previous post. Hypebeast if you ask me.

Originally Posted by 911SIGMA1914

As a long time collector i can apprec qualiy and history toward a shoe. One theroy i never thought of struck me when i was in a foot locker. I saw i young kid about the age of 14 buying shoes he had saved all his working money and allowence (im asuming) inorder to buy every CDP they had. He said wow now i can feel what you guys felt, talking to his dad. I think that subconciously the CDP were desinged not only for the 23 count down but also for people to own a peice of history. This is prb the only time within a three year period someone a kid who might of missed out cause he was to young or not born yet to own every jordan. Just a thought... sorry for the long post
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Thats what happened to me

What happend?
Bought all shoes this year and now hypebeast/ or sneakerhead
eyes.gif

I didnt buy every sheo this year. I bought a few plus a couple from the past years. Plus how does that make me a Hypbeast?

because you unconditionally like every JB hybrid? And I have never seen a post from you stating negatives about JB. Or posting "pass" or "not feeling em". You actually think JB is headed in a good direction from previous post. Hypebeast if you ask me.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom