You're the Worst on FXX

Anyone else watch this show? Haven't seen it mentioned at all on here, but it's definitely one of the best shows on TV right now. Season 1 was good, but this second season is one of the best seasons of a 30 minute show I've ever seen.

Synopsis on the show:

You're the Worst is a modern look at love and happiness told through the eyes of two people who haven't been very successful with either. It's the story of Gretchen and Jimmy, fear, heartbreak, romance, sex, food, Los Angeles, Sunday Funday, friendship, and the fact that sometimes the worst people make the best partners.

An original comedy from writer and executive producer Stephen Falk, You’re the Worst puts a dark twist on the romantic comedy genre. Narcissistic,brash, and self-destructive Jimmy Shive-Overly (Chris Geere) has inadvertently found himself paired up with cynical, people-pleasing, and stubborn Gretchen Cutler (Aya Cash). After a whirlwind courtship that culminates in Gretchen burning her apartment down with a faulty “back massager,” she and Jimmy are forced to take their relationship to the next level by moving in together (which neither of them are particularly thrilled about). Now they must learn how to live with each other when they can barely live with themselves.

Rounding out the cast is Desmin Borges, who plays Edgar Quintero, Jimmy’s once homeless war veteran roommate who’s on a mission to redefine his relationship with Jimmy; and Kether Donohue as Lindsay Jillian, Gretchen’s best friend and former partner in crime who’s now struggling to find her identity after being dumped by her “lame, soft” husband.

You're the Worst is produced by FX Productions.

Trailer for season 2

Great show. S1 made me fall in love with the main cast and supporting characters like Lindsay's weirdo (ex)husband and her sister's husband :lol:

S2 picked up right where it left off in me enjoying these ****** up ppl that are similar to ppl I know. That reveal for Gretchen was so real though :smh: I would say I did just like it when they were just horrible ppl but it does make sense.

Haven't had a chance to watch yet but girl I used to work with is a writer for the show. Definitely gonna support.

Didn't know it was back. Watched Season 1 and found it to be a very good show. Gonna catch Season 2.

FYI FXX is showing re-runs of Season 2 starting tonight. 2 episodes every sunday but I'm guessing they'll be available on demand from here on out.

Can't wait for season 3.

smokin.gif

Last edited:
Took me a sec to realize they were redoing the last ep from Edgar's perspective.

Just like the ep where we find out Gretchen has depression this was just amazingly done, a right hook out of nowhere that just floors you.

Felt nothing but sympathy for dude all ep; dealing with horrible Gretchen and Jimmy, that fake VA help with the meds, the struggle with his gf, then meeting the tie truck driver vet, and just bugging out all day :smh:

Such a struggle.

Great ep and it at least ended with some hope.

Episode reminded me of the Scrubs episode "My Life in Four Cameras". The words on the page are exactly the same, but the tone changes completely depending on lighting, camera angles and the character's perspective.

That Sunday funday speakeasy hunt :lol:

Mad elaborate :rofl:

Gretchen and Lindsey "fighting" :lol:

I love that they have one completely ridiculous and insane episode per season. Yet, those episodes still make sense in the context of the show.

this last episode with edgar :x :smh:

Jimmy and Gretchen need their ***** kicked at this point.

I really dont like Edgars character. Theres something so corny about him. Jimmy is kinda corny too. The women characters in this show >>> the men

The last episode was cool. Hate that this show is so under the radar tho

Back
Top Bottom